Re: Travels

Post by Dreamweapon »

Ah, but were you 'Digging His Scene'??

Sorry - terrible joke!!!
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

no, i wanted to "take a drink from his special cup" :) as i wanted to meet Mr Lennons Dr Robert, not the Blow Monkey :) although being a blow monkey isnt too bad a job :)
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

....Or from the coast of Barcelona.....
Attachments
sagrada 3.jpg
sagrada 3.jpg (55.03 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
sagrada 2.jpg
sagrada 2.jpg (37.31 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
sagrada 1.jpg
sagrada 1.jpg (32.54 KiB) Viewed 4004 times
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

just got to say, i expect many people in here have visited Barcelona before, but it was my first visit and the place blew me away, such a beautiful place, everywhere you looked were just cool, beautiful buildings, so much to do and see that i will definately be going back for a long, long weekend, but anyone who hasnt been, summertime isnt the time to go! wow was it hot, spring or autumn for me, so, anyone who has been before...places to see? only really saw the Sagrada Familia, la Ramblas, the port area, cable car to the Montjuic because we only had one day so any recommedations please?
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

The Nou Camp! In June I was in Barcelona for the first time, saw a load of stuff but it was the home of Barca that actually brought a tear to my eye :oops: My other half and her daughter couldn't believe it, they'd never seen me like that before.

I can't imagine what state i'd be in if I ever actually make it to Anfield! :lol:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

solarflarez wrote:so any recommedations please?
You should definitely visit the Pablo Picasso Museum in Barcelona but then you MUST venture out of town to the small town of Figueras and visit the Salvador Dali Theatre and Museum. It, (the Dali Museum) will blow your head off.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

If I can figure out how to upload photos on this site I will share some shots I took this summer when in Hell's Canyon. A stunning part of my state and this country. Only Iceland comes near it in terms of jaw dropping beauty and that wondrous feeling of just how awesome nature is (and how small and insignificant we are).
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Ahhh. Iceland. The closest place I have ever been that closely resembles the moon. I think, not having actaully been to the moon.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:Ahhh. Iceland. The closest place I have ever been that closely resembles the moon. I think, not having actaully been to the moon.
Agreed! I had a wonderful time in Iceland. Arrived in Reykjavik on a Sunday morning and it had an atmosphere of the morning after a big night before. Meaning, there were a fair number of inebriated people in a daze and broken glass on the ground. Don't ask me why. Football game? Icelandic holiday? Or, just a normal Sat night in the capital. Other than the Blue Lagoon we didn't stay long in Reykjavik as it was too damn expensive. We traveled into the center of the country towards the geysers, hot springs, volcanoes and glaciers where it is absolutely surreal, awesome and as you say, completely lunar!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I did Blue Lagoon too. Took a few day trips but stayed in Reykjavik.
The most beautiful women I have ever seen in one country.
Bought a rare Loop 7" in a record shop there too.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

Went backpacking for a month in the Talkeetna Mountains in Alaska in summer 2011. Haven't really shared these photos much at all. My parents haven't even seen them. Just felt the urge to finally really show them to some people.

Sorry for posting so many, I just like a lot of them. I hope you enjoy. If you have any questions about any of them, I'd be happy to answer.

Me and a buddy in the lower right hand corner - out across the Matanuska Glacier (which snakes down the middle across the photo) you can see the Chugach Mountains.

You can see a few buddies up ahead in this one.

Remember, this is in July/August!

You can vaguely see the curvature of the earth...

Drum/Drome? Mountain wayyy off in the distance. Midnight in Alaska...

Again, midnight...

Can't real tell on this one, but on the hi res one, if you zooooom wayyyyyy in on the center, you can see our camp that night far below. This was a peak ascent we did... at midnight!

The snow-capped mountains in the distance, once again, are the Chugach. Those trails you see were the only trails we were on for a month... and they are Caribou trails, not human ones!!

Once again the Chugach. You can see my buddies in the lower left taking a quick rest.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Lovely!

I'm going to the UK again in November...Haven't even uploaded my pictures from my trip in June!