Ryder Cup

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Shinesalight
Known user

Ryder Cup

Post by Shinesalight »

It's all gone a bit quiet on the other side of the pond :wink: :D 8)

That's got to be one of the most exciting Ryder Cups ever and I'm certainly not a golf fan by any stretch of the imagination. Mrs Shines and I have just been listening to the final 2 hours or so on the radio in bed...can't believe how tense and exciting that was. The American fans constant chants of "U-S-A" and "in the hole" can get a bit too much though. The Americans totally choked on the final day...what a comeback by the Europeans.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Ryder Cup

Post by spzretent »

I need to preface this by saying I am not a huge golf fan nor a huge USA, USA chant fan but I was at a sports bar watching #1 Detroit Tigers vs Minnesota Twins baseball game, #2 Detroit Lions vs Minnesota Vikings football game then onto #3 the Chicago White Sox vs Tampa Bay Rays game and about 10 other NFL games. Once the baseball was over my attention was turned to the Ryder Cup. Once again the USA choked away what seemed like an insurmountable lead. I was at the Ryder Cup at Oakland Hills(Detroit) on the last day in 2004 when the Europeans won and we were close to their celebration which never would have happened if the USA had won. I do have a soft spot for the European team.
Congrats.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

I'm glad the Europeans won. Americans are not modest in anyway. I remember my mates and I talking about the Ryder Cup that was held outside Boston about 10 yrs. ago ??? I think that's the one, I'm not quite sure, tho' ? Well, before the tourney was completely finished and it seemed like the Yanks had won, they trampled the golf course and hi-fiving one another right in front of the Europeans. I'm mean, how classless is that ? In sports, their is going to be a winner and their is going to be a loser, but geez show a little respect and be modest about it, at least that's the way I would approach it. Sorta like Roger Federer, one can't meet a more humble guy than that !
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Yay!

Europe >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> The Americas
gonna burn brightly
for a while