football manager

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

The Dr
Known user

football manager

Post by The Dr »

anyone tried the new fm game? you can now hold press conferences, leak notes to the media and that's all i got from 5 mins. my head hurts. it's not that fun...
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
jack white
Known user

Re: football manager

Post by jack white »

haven't played this yrs, yet. but can u not just skip the media BS/have an option where your assistant goes in your place?

i think the only point of attending every press conference/ticking every media-related option would be if your chasing down game completion rewards/trophies. it doesn't really matter if your media handling rating is 1% or 99%, it doesn't have an impact on your team overall - or at least it didn't in the prev 2 editions.
that doesn't mean you should avoid them every time. the press briefings can have an influence on your players' individual performances, so maybe remember to do it before crunch games or from time to time.

but yea, that shit isn't much fun. you're right there.

the game still does have those thrills like unearthing a gem & seeing him come top scorer. but there is a lot dull stuff to grind thru. i don't think i'll bother this yr tbh, unless i see it cheap. i think i may have missed it in the steam black friday.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
MM006
New user

Post by MM006 »

i bought it this year. There are some cool things in it. I live near Amsterdam, Netherlands, so i always start the game managing Ajax. You have the option to hire Johan Cruijff as assistent manager. I thought it was a good way of getting to know the game with the best help possible. He retires after two years though. And in tactics, i let him assign the OI. He always put 'tackles -> hard', nothing else. quite funny, apart from the new record yellow cards i had recieved. It's a nice game, but you should only buy it when its on sale imo
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I won the champions league first year with Man City, but not the league title. On track for another CL but am 6 points behind united for the league with 5 games to go.... still, I play them next up.

I'm gonna start a game up with an average german team time Fortuna Dusseldorf and try and win the league there, would be more fun than spending lots of money on Ramos, Cavani and Schweinsteiger