NCAA Basketball 2013

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spacemanrich
Known user

NCAA Basketball 2013

Post by spacemanrich »

This season the NCAA basketball seems exciting without the 'typical' powerhouses in the rankings i.e. - N.Carolina, Kentucky, Duke, etc... It's all about the BIG10 instead of the powerful ACC, at least in college hoops. Was going to post this weeks ago, but there has been a carousel of #1's in the Big10 with Indiana and Michigan with a lot of losses tipping the scale i.e. - Michigan St. beating Michigan, Michigan beating Indiana, Minnesota beating Indiana, etc., etc.

This season I don't see a clearcut favorite - that's good. Usually you get the Kentucky's that's loaded w/ blue chippers that just decimate the field. I'll still go with KU to win the tourney. I've always picked KU to win it all for the past 4-5 years and I'll do so again. That'll be nice if one of the smaller schools win, I wouldn't mind - upset the balance of the other powerful schools and conferences i.e. - Davenport, Lehigh, Gonzaga, et al ......
redcloud
Known user

Re: NCAA Basketball 2013

Post by redcloud »

'Zags have the potential and ability to compete with anybody. March Madness just around the corner....gotta love it. :D
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Today Michigan is a Battleground State and I'm not talkin' about politics. It's halftime now, but what a good game so far between Michigan and State. Trey Burke is the dawg ! Loaded w/ talent : Glenn Robinson III and Tim Hardaway Jr. I like their new kits ( uniforms ) reminiscient of Baylor's - powered by Adidas.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Burke made up for some of his turnovers late in the game by picking Appling cleanly and dunking it home w/ 24 seconds left in the game. Michigan almost squandered a 10 pt. lead towards the end. What a good game. Burke is good, but he seems to be a ball hog a little bit, but neverless a top pt. guard in the nation ! Can't wait - the brackets come out in two weeks time ...