U.S. v. Costa Rica

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Alex English
Known user

U.S. v. Costa Rica

Post by Alex English »

I will be finally going to my first meaningful U.S. game tonight since I saw them get crushed by Germany in the 1998 World Cup in Paris. This is really a must win game. Game time weather is supposed to be 30 degrees with snow so it should be a fun one.
redcloud
Known user

Re: U.S. v. Costa Rica

Post by redcloud »

Alex English wrote:Game time weather is supposed to be 30 degrees with snow so it should be a fun one.
Not for the Costa Rican National team! With weather like that miserable comes to mind!

Enjoy!!
jack white
Known user

Re: U.S. v. Costa Rica

Post by jack white »

yea you'd imagine those conditions would favour the USA?? (or should that be 'favor'?)

i don't know if it's quite Must win. i think the first objective should be to avoid defeat. if the USA lose they're p much out of the running for qualification. if they get a draw they're still in it. but yea a win, obviously, would be the best thing for them.

should be an intense game. Costa Rica have some dangerous players. hopefully they show up & make a real good game of it. if they don't it could be a comfortable enough evening for USA. hopefully an exciting game in store!

but i think it takes a distant 2nd billing in today's qualifiers behind Croatia vs. Serbia which is on right now.
it's been a disappointingly fair game thus far!
Serbia aren't up to much atm & Kolorov game away a ridiculously soft goal & then Croatia got a deserved second to lead 2-0 at half time. it's hard to see where Serbia are gonna get themselves back into the game. hopefully some blood & thunder from Mihajlovic @ ht will inspire a better showing in the 2nd half.
gonna burn brightly
for a while