2013 Football Transfer Market

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spacemanrich
Known user

2013 Football Transfer Market

Post by spacemanrich »

Now, everyone knows the news about old Fergie, but who will take his place ? Seems like the rumour will be David Moyes and I have heard Jose Mouhrino added to the list of candidates as well. As well, seems like Mouhrino might be headed back to his old club, Chelsea.

* Will Cristiano Ronaldo stay at Real or move w/ Mouhrino to Chelsea ? I've even heard he might go back to United ?

* Gareth Bale, more than likely will not stay w/ Tottenham. I wish he would stay, it would make for more exciting football with five top clubs, but he is too big to stay. United, City, Bayern Munich and Real are all possibilities for him.

* Where will Robert Lewandowski end up ? Obvious choice is Bayern Munich following Mario Gotze, but other clubs might be able to get his services.

The 3rd and 4th slots for next year's Champions League is exciting w/ Chelsea (68pts), Arsenal (67pts) and Tottenham (65pts) battling it out. Today's match between Tottenham and Chelsea will be exciting to watch, as I have yet to see Gareth Bale play.

I was wondering what is a " treble " ? Is that winning the FA Trophy, Premier League and Champions League in one calendar season ?
runcible
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Football Transfer Market

Post by runcible »

spacemanrich wrote:I was wondering what is a " treble " ? Is that winning the FA Trophy, Premier League and Champions League in one calendar season ?
If you mean FA Cup, then yes. Pep Guardiola did the equivalent in Spain in his first season at Barca.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Yeah, looks like Pep is going to Bayern Munich next season. Had been a great mentor to Messi. I remember an article where Pep noticed that a young Messi (maybe 19 or 20 yrs.old at the time) was partying a bit too much with fellow player, Ronaldhino and sat him down as manager/player and/or father/son and told him he could be a great player, but drinking, partying, chasing birds until the wee hours could jeopardize his career. He told him you could be as great as your countryman Maldonado, but then he didn't perform to his best. Now, he is on the straight and narrow and for an Argentinian he is quite humble. Humble and private enough where he stated that he won't write a memoir about his life. His statistics and performance will do the talking. Quite the opposite of C.Ronaldo. I've seen photos of Messi driving off in his Prius or hybrid car while Ronaldo a Lamborghini or Ferrari. He is on target for his 5th Ballon d'Or Trophy at the age of 25 - unbelieveable.

Great game, Tottenham could have used the 3 pts. Neverless, it is better than a loss. Ramires should have had another certain goal if he hadn't slipped in the box.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

spacemanrich wrote: He told him you could be as great as your countryman Maldonado, but then he didn't perform to his best. Now, he is on the straight and narrow and for an Argentinian he is quite humble.
I never knew Argentines weren't humble. I take it you've spent time in Argentina to arrive at such a sweeping generalisation of a nation of over 40 million people?

And who is this Maldonado?
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

thanks joc , your the best.

M-A-R-A-D-O-N-A
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Rich:
You are aware that you have a lengthy list of ethnically and racially insensitive remarks on this message board.
When taken to task for it you just ignore it.
So, yes, people will respond. Get used to it.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Add Rooney to the mix. Even though he has two yrs.remaining on his contract he may not want to play for Moyes, considering their past at Everton and his 500,000 pound litigation settlement with him. As well, his playing time has decreased w/ RVP as the main striker.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

spacemanrich wrote:Add Rooney to the mix. Even though he has two yrs.remaining on his contract he may not want to play for Moyes, considering their past at Everton and his 500,000 pound litigation settlement with him. As well, his playing time has decreased w/ RVP as the main striker.
My response cut and pasted from another thread posted on March 16th:

Re: City vs United
by spzretent » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:26 pm

spacemanrich wrote:
City is done for the season, a 2-0 loss to Everton sealed the coffin.

Here is a novel idea. Respond to those who have been offended by your numerous racially insensitive posts instead of posting the obvious in various sports threads.
Yes, us moderators speak to each other and exchange emails behind the scenes. You have a laundry list of offenses we have documented and when called out on you ignore yet you immediately respond to a pm calling us "petty".
If you had any idea the complaints we are sent privately and also the ones you choose to ignore publicy you might reconsider calling the moderators "petty".
Man up!

Not letting you off the hook so easy this time.
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

Both Gareth Bale and Suarez quoted as saying it's hard to turn down Real Madrid, what kind of signal does that give to their present clubs and supporters.

ALL ABOUT ££££££££££££££££££

Makes me :evil:
'Remember, change is not good'
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Bale n Saurez are both far too good for their current clubs, head n shoulders above their teammates in terms of quality & clubs going nowhere as far as ambitions for major honours.

I'd be more disappointed in them staying @ spurs & Liverpool.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

HI, new to the Spiritualized website and board ! Been lurking about a bit and this caught my attention.

I don't know why you would be disappointed if Bale and Suarez stayed at their respective clubs. I would be delighted if they did. All indications point to Suarez staying at Liverpool, somewhat an odd bloke who may have some psychological issues. Wouldn't be suprised if Bale stayed, if the money is there, only missed out on next year's Champions League by 1 pt. It just be great for football all the way around. Not too keen on the bigger clubs poaching all the best players i.e. - Mario Gotze and maybe Lewandowski for Bayern Munich. How about the Schalke's, Hamburg and Dortmund who can't compete money wise with Bayern Munich for talented footballers ? Just food for thought.
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. " - Charles Bukowski
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

jack white wrote:Bale n Saurez are both far too good for their current clubs, head n shoulders above their teammates in terms of quality & clubs going nowhere as far as ambitions for major honours.

Wow. That is one worrisome quote. In that world all we would ever have are Man U, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Dallas Cowboys(who aren't even good but claim America's Team as their own moniker), Toronto Maple Leafs(same goes here), Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers. It would be all super teams and that would really suck.
How about keeping them and building a team around these talented players? Not really a novel idea. European Football really needs a salary cap or a luxury tax to level the playing field.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

It really annoys me when people say a player chooses a club for money. OF COURSE most of the time they're gonna go where the money is which is most of the time a team better than where they are. If I got offered a job doing the same thing at a different company for double the wage i would take it. It's a shame when a player when Falcao joins Monaco, but at the end of the day if a few players make the decision too they will be a great club and the french league will benefit from having another top club.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

spzretent wrote:
jack white wrote:Bale n Saurez are both far too good for their current clubs, head n shoulders above their teammates in terms of quality & clubs going nowhere as far as ambitions for major honours.

Wow. That is one worrisome quote. In that world all we would ever have are Man U, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, New York Yankees, Los Angeles Dodgers, Dallas Cowboys(who aren't even good but claim America's Team as their own moniker), Toronto Maple Leafs(same goes here), Miami Heat, Los Angeles Lakers. It would be all super teams and that would really suck.
How about keeping them and building a team around these talented players? Not really a novel idea. European Football really needs a salary cap or a luxury tax to level the playing field.
ha!
i actually agree w/a lot of what you're saying. there is a lot to admire in the american pro sports model but i am still not entirely convinced salary caps or taxing would be totally positive measures for football.

i don't know tho, i think it's also fair that ambition is to be applauded (not that i would know, not having any myself!) & talent justly rewarded.
on a slightly more crass level i like watching the best teams & players play. for all the great suarez moments ("i call the big one bitey") you figure there would be more if he was surrounded by players of a higher calibre than steward downing?

in terms of loyalty well who knows? my opinion changes on the matter min-by-min really. loyalty can hinder progress too y'know?
bale & suarez have both achieved fine personal goals at their clubs & maybe even haven't achieved as much as they should have. but they certainly could achieve more in stronger teams.
& at this stage what more can they do to aid the cause of their team? will they be convinced by spurs & liverpool's ideas on strengthening the team sufficiently? but why risk wasting the time in another possible transition yr when you could join ready-made championship challengers? loyalty? in this case it could damage their career if things go wrong next yr & the chance to move on is gone..

it was a worrisome quote tho you're right about that. i don't like it but i kinda love all the same. so it goes.

all hypothetical i know but at the end i know if i had their choice i would never ever play for real madrid!

guys like falcao tho are different. maybe they're simply journeymen professionals. i'm sure a lot of them don't really love the game & just see it as a job.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

It works in the NFL and NHL. Not so much in Baseball. It all boils down to scouting and drafting which Europe doesn't have. You need look no further than the Detroit Red Wings in the NHL for the good and Detroit Lions in the NFL for the bad. Polar opposites playing a few miles away from each other.
spzranger
Known user

Post by spzranger »

After suffering for two seasons in the PL am quite looking forward to watching my team (QPR) back in the Championship next season. At least at the start of the season there is a realistic chance of actually winning a few games rather than being beaten out of sight each week. Plus the tickets are a lot cheaper (taking into account the extra games) and the kick off times aren't switched around all the time. Unfortunately the smaller teams just can't compete with the big boys in the top division anymore.
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

City is the highest salaried team in the world. Doesn't matter if you can't bring home the silver.

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/id/9357 ... n-magazine
" Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead. " - Charles Bukowski
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I think there's a record skipping somewhere
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

We'll see how the Neymar et Messi combo works out. Cruyff said it the best, that they might not be able to create the chemistry on the pitch. It's either Neymar or Messi and not both. Isco has just signed w/ Real. I don't know why Ronaldo is meeting w/ United, he might not be too keen on Ancelotti as the new manager ? Real already said that they he would remain the highest paid player. Will Rooney stay ? I say he remains in the Premier League w/ either Chelsea or Arsenal and not PSG. What about Bale, Gomez, Lewandowski and Cavani ?
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

Tonight's Confed Cup doesn't mean much. Okay, Brazil beat Spain.

Wait until next year, if it will be held in Brazil ? Hey, you might know, this protest might linger into next year and their have been thoughts of hosting it in the U.S. if the situation does not correct itself.

Bad play by Iker Casillas. What was he thinking of when he tried to stop Fred's goal. He just slid his body into play instead of trying to grab the ball. Whatever.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

i don't see there's a particular clash between messi & neymar. messi's natural place is an inside-right whereas neymar seems to be an inside-left.

was impressed by neymar in the confed cup scored some good goals & lots of them.
he is a diver tho. shocking stuff sometimes.

thought the confed cup had a few interesting games. good to see impact the climate might have: there are just some places where they shouldn't be playing football or sport. in spite of that italy/spain served up a terrific game. tho when spain introduced javi martinez as CF that was the moment i finally fell out of love w/this spanish team. unconscionable behaviour, even if there was some ass-about-face logic behind it, it's an affront to the game & i was glad brasil duffed them in the final. don't really like that brazil team think a lot of the midfield are poor enough & fred's crap but they're tough & in neymar they seem to have a matchwinner...

the world cup might be a different matter.
it depends on what form the big 3 european countries are in but brazil are further along in their development than i thought. this confed cup helped them a lot i think.

city missing out on isco.
question mark over they still don't have the pulling power of a proper big club?

guess everyone else is waiting on madrid signing whoever they're going to signing before picking up the scraps they leave behind or push out their own door. i'd say they'll beat city & chelsea to cavani too by the looks of it.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

[quote="les revenantes"]Tonight's Confed Cup doesn't mean much. Okay, Brazil beat Spain.

/quote]

spain spent the whole tournament looking bored and tired (when was the last time the players had time off? every summer they seem to have a tournament and then a 60 game season). brasil irritated me. they're not particulalry good and everytime neymar is given a hard look he falls over and starts crying for a yellow card. pathetic
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

It is a looong season, you got your regular season league and if your lucky your club gets to play in the Champions League along with friendlies during the year.

It's no excuse, but all clubs play better when they are the host or play better than expected i.e. - South Korea, Japan and Germany when they hosted the World Cup and Brazil is certainly the case. 80,000 crazy Brazilians can invigorate a team.
I was never keen on Brazil, they think they are God's gift to football when their are a lot of fantastic teams with rich football history. In fact, they come off as arrogant and cocky. Neymar is flopping like Cristiana Ronaldo, quite sad.
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

Nice new kits for BVB for next season, I like the marketing/advertising idea behind this too !

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/soccer-di ... 53489.html
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

that's p cool ^
& yea nice shirt too. a lot of next season's tops are really ugly. as were a lot of last yrs.

think brasils problem is scolari. it's the way his teams are set up. to put it politely they're pragmatic. tbh i find it p horrible & sad that he denies & betrays the culture of their football w/the personnel he picks & the formation that he relies upon, the 4-2-3-1. brazil should always be playing 442 w/wingers or in a diamond. & they shouldn't be playing fred, even as poachers go he's an ass, lazy & near useless. there's surely better brazilian strikers somewhere.

in 02 scolari was blessed w/ronaldo ronaldinho & rivaldo, three of the greatest footballers ever. they (& the revolutionary fullbacks) helped disguise the fact he plays a negative game reliant on physicality more than flair. their only skillful outlet this time is neymar & he will have to prove himself truly exceptional to emerge victorious at the world cup where the competition will be more serious, & here his first season in europe could help enormously.

arsenal signing suarez? or just trying to finalise signing of higuain?
are they doing the same thing w/the rooney rumours?
or are they going to have all of podolski/giroud/walcott/higuain/rooney & suarez in their forward line?
gonna burn brightly
for a while
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

Ridiculous sums tossed around this summer, including a Ligue 1 record for Cavani, how is this good for football ?

Seems like a lot of players are spurning the offers from United ( Thiago Silva and Cesc Febregas ). I LOVE IT !

Nice comment by Moyes about Rooney. Makes you feel confident about the situation : " Your only second best to RVP and your a backup. Understand. "
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Sports radio here in Detroit had a long discussion on how money is ruining sports at least here in the US.
Attendance is down in a lot of major US sports because the average fan has been priced out. A lot of fans are opting to buy a nice big HD television. Watching the games at home. No lines for the bathroom. Beer is cheaper. Food is cheaper. You get a better view of the game AND replays. No traffic after the game is over.
Its already happening here.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

jack white wrote:fred's crap but they're tough & in neymar they seem to have a matchwinner...
there is- lucas moura- but he was injured just before the cc, which is why jo came in. brasil have some good players- oscar, hernanes etc but they lack that 'great' player ala kaka, the three r's etc, then again they won the world cup with bebeto and france with Stéphane Guivarc'h
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Think Jovetic is a little overpriced, but I hope it works out. He seems like he could definitely become a big player at a top club, but the money is a little crazy just now. Negredo also, great striker but we'll see if he makes the transition to england well. The likes of Silva and Navas should make it a hell of a lot easier for him though. Maybe we just need a centre back now and I'm happy to go again and have a good shot at all competitions. Even if we don't though, I trust nastasic and he will certainly be one of the best centre backs in the world one day from what I have seen last season at his age.
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

At least City has been doing some shopping and might be done for the transfer window ? They pretty much solidified the club w/ the loss of Tevez, Balotelli and Toure. Arsenal hasn't done any shopping yet, but they and Chelsea are still trying to lure United in parting w/ Rooney. I can't see United selling Rooney to Chelsea nor Arsenal. He might be stuck in Manchester for another year behind RVP.

Sad story about Tito, they should have no problems filling the manager position w/ so many qualified candidates out there.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

The Dr wrote:
jack white wrote:fred's crap but they're tough & in neymar they seem to have a matchwinner...
there is- lucas moura- but he was injured just before the cc, which is why jo came in. brasil have some good players- oscar, hernanes etc but they lack that 'great' player ala kaka, the three r's etc, then again they won the world cup with bebeto and france with Stéphane Guivarc'h
very true. it'll be an interesting season for moura too. I wonder how much faith scolari will show in him or has he settled on a first 11 already??

Re City
think jovetic is an astute signing he'd enhance any team in the world. is a bit soft tho..
the negredo signing is more problematic. they ought to have gone all in & signed falcao or cavani, or rooney i.e. a special player rather than another overpriced CF of similar style to one they already have & never play? lewdowski must be intent on going to bayern - speaking of gomez would have been better value than negredo..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BVCP206
Known user

Post by BVCP206 »

The market is crazy. Spurs bought Bale for £10 million and will now sell him for £90 million. Leeds Utd, arguably a bigger club than Spurs are floundering in the Championship with no hope of getting anywhere near the Premiership anytime soon, where is the logic :?:

When will the madness end :?:

Having said all that still so looking forward to start of season tomorrow :D
'Remember, change is not good'
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

It's 6:45pm (stateside - westcoast - ca) - BVCP206 has it really been confirmed that Bale has been sold ?! And for 90 million euros, I haven't read anything yet about this ? Are you telling me Leed Utd bought him, instead of Real ? :shock:
If this is the case, then Real will certainly up their bid to keep Ronaldo for the foreseeable future.

Also, up in the air is the Rooney situation. Will United sell, but to whom ? Not to Chelsea if they can certainly help it.

Certainly will be a great season with viable clubs - City, United, Chelsea, Arsenal and perhaps Tottenham.

How well will Mourhino do at Chelsea and Pelligrini at City and Moyes at United ?

Will the Neymar/Messi experiment work ?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Seems to be an air of cautious optimism emanating from Elland Rd.. think today's game is a sell out??

Musta been those 3 marquee signings..

Apparently there's an idea new investors will be found & the stadium naming rights up for sale - tho that's assuming the club own Elland Rd these days, which I don't think they do??

The Rooney thing seems to have gone quiet below the noise of Bale/Madrid.
Hopefully this month sees a bit of silliness. It's a bit unfortunate City have been so efficient in their dealings. They have a responsibility to do something outrageous or make a massive signing but they seem reluctant to make a splash, very image conscious... Utd & Arsenal, & even Chelsea, have been rubbish in this window so far.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

Don't know the specifics of "Financial Fair Play" other than it tries to level the playing pitch and make it more competitive and fair, but it seems other clubs haven't gotten the memo ? My God, I've heard the rumours circulating about Real and Bale and it is just that rumours ( for now ) about the type of money being mentioned. One article mentioned once agent fees, transfer fees, taxes are sorted out the Bale amount could be $200 million euros ! How can Malaga, Athetico Madrid, Tenerife, etc. compete with that ?

And you get these players that want to move from their respective clubs often citing " opportunity to play in the Champions League ". The Spurs were only 1 pt. from achieving that this past season and have a great opportunity if Bale stays. Just mad I tell you.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

FFP will only serve to make sure the most profitable, and marketable teams stay at the top and continue to make money for themselves and for their respective football associations, sponsors, tv channels etc...

MCFC and PSG managed to get in as the door was shutting...
les revenantes
Known user

Post by les revenantes »

The summer transfer market has opened and closed w/ somewhat predictable outcomes and some suprises.
The Bale Saga finally ended. I remember their was a lot of chatter about the transfer for him by Real and then nothing in the month of July. When August came around, that was all or most of the topic was about, including the record transfer amount. Quality player, but is he really worth that much ? If it works out w/ Ronaldo then I guess it's a yes.

Rooney and Luis Suarez stays. United and Chelsea were left empty handed in their pursuits while Liverpool added (3) players at the end and Arsenal w/ Ozil ( somewhat a suprise there ). Ozil probably requested the transfer once the Bale transfer was sorted out, I guess ?

Tottenham added (7) players once they knew that Bale would leave for Real. They could be the real suprise here this season, as well as Liverpool. As well, City added really nice (4) players, including the most recent Demichaels w/ the backfield depleted w/ injuries to Kompany and Nastisic. Even Arsenal can be tough w/ Ozil reunited w/ Podalski.