converting tape to mp3

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

niamhm
Known user

converting tape to mp3

Post by niamhm »

after a quick check ,this seems more complicated than I 1st though , does anybody have it sorted ? I have a Spectrum tape I have had for years ,that sounds pretty good to me ,from around Soul Kiss time that I would be prepared to give away If anybody could convert and share, I have a decent tape player on my main sound system ,but would like to share and get it out there :)
beaker73
Known user

Re: converting tape to mp3

Post by beaker73 »

I've kept my NAD tapedeck for that purpose. I hook it up to my M-audio soundcard with nice gold plated cables, filter out some of the worst noise and get good results. Would be happy to do it for you...
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

beaker73 wrote:I've kept my NAD tapedeck for that purpose. I hook it up to my M-audio soundcard with nice gold plated cables, filter out some of the worst noise and get good results. Would be happy to do it for you...
that would be great ,need to PM me an address to send it to,
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I do this reasonably frequently with great results - the important thing is a good, clean tape deck. From there it's a simple audio out/in into the laptop. I play the cassette in realtime through Audacity, allows me to monitor it and manipulate the recorded audio file at the end. You could argue it's pretty boring playing the tape through but if the music is good enough it's no bother. Besides, compared to the time I blew on messing about with tapes as a boy it's a piece of piss... :wink:
O P 8