Viber

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Viber

Post by spzretent »

Pretty amazing!
Spoke to Bza for nearly 2 hours this morning for free. Detroit to Stonehaven! Nice to put a voice with the name. Doesn't work all the time but when it does.....wow! Crystal clear phone lines too.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Viber

Post by BzaInSpace »

Agreed! You're lucky I put on my "telephone voice" though... :wink:
O P 8
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

We use Viber and Facetime extensively as we have family in Australia, the USA, Ireland and the UK. It would be impossibly expensive to keep in such regular contact otherwise.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

We have family and friends in the UK...what is the difference between these apps and Skype (which we have used for 6-7 years now)?

I have also used Google Hangout at work to have a multi-person conference call. That seemed to work pretty well too.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Skype quality is intermittent - at best it's reasonable, at worst it's just horrible distorted noise sludge. You just have to disconnect and redial and usually it'll be better for a bit but it's annoying. To be honest I don't need to see somebody if I'm speaking to them either - I can do without that Bladerunner shit to be honest. Particularly if I'm... relaxed.

:roll:

Bar a millisecond delay in speaking, possibly due to the 3,500 miles of distance between us, the call quality was (as per usual with Viber) crytal clear. No noise or distortion whatsoever.

Plus! You can send photos for free, and better still, create awesome doodled artwork to terrify/amaze your pals too. No advertising shit either.

Plus, yet another reason to no longer have a proper account with those total bastards at BT.

What's not to like?
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BzaInSpace wrote:What's not to like?
I have Viber and have never got it to work. Tried again yesterday and couldn't get it to go.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

runcible wrote:
BzaInSpace wrote:What's not to like?
I have Viber and have never got it to work. Tried again yesterday and couldn't get it to go.
That is wierd, we have no hassle at all getting it to work and we are totally technologically challenged. It explains why you didn't answe when I tried to call you a while back!

It is superb for voice calls and being free if you are sitting in a hot-spot or at home is a total bonus. I prefer this to Skype most of the time.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Oh dear, looks like some of "The Elders" are baffled by fairly simplistic app technology!

There is of course an alternative - and no, i don't mean Skype either; I refer to 'the two empty tin cans attached to each other with string' method.

Unfortunately Trans-Atlantic calls require a sizeable amount of string - and you can't send photos and drawings either...
O P 8
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

BzaInSpace wrote:Oh dear, looks like some of "The Elders" are baffled by fairly simplistic app technology!

There is of course an alternative - and no, i don't mean Skype either; I refer to 'the two empty tin cans attached to each other with string' method.

Unfortunately Trans-Atlantic calls require a sizeable amount of string - and you can't send photos and drawings either...
Less of the cheek or it'll be two days in the naughty corner for you Barry. I can use Viber, I just can't contact Mark using it 'cause he is using semaphore these days.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

BzaInSpace wrote:Oh dear, looks like some of "The Elders" are baffled by fairly simplistic app technology!
Er.... if pressing the answer button and it not doing anything is being baffled then I put my hands up.
phone_frustration.jpg
phone_frustration.jpg (50.63 KiB) Viewed 2877 times