Annual rite of winter in Michigan

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Annual rite of winter in Michigan

Post by spzretent »

Having a blast today putting window insulation all over my windows. Not really.
My house is old by US standards. 1927. Even though I have had new windows put in I would not get rid of the original wooden window frames hence a nice stiff draft comes flowing thru them every winter unless I do the plastic insulation thing. This effectively makes me feel cocooned from now until sometime in April.
The flip side is it saves me an enourmous amount on my monthly heating bill. Probably $500 or more. Thats a lot of records. :lol:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
pale blue eyes
Known user

Re: Annual rite of winter in Michigan

Post by pale blue eyes »

ohhhh man, just bought some two-sided tape and this weekend will be doing the same to most of the windows in the house. we too have an old house (late 1800's), and boy is it creaky and drafty!

good luck with the winter, it started around Halloween down in these parts!
davedecay
Known user

Re: Annual rite of winter in Michigan

Post by davedecay »

I do this as well. We have a Victorian house from 1875, with 4 tall windows on the ground floor in the front. The drafts are cold in Winter. I did two on Saturday before we put the Xmas tree up. I have yet to do the other 2 in the dining room.

Not sure how much money it saves, but the chill reduction is noticeable. We keep our heat set around 60 F to save on oil.