Spiritualized shirts?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

burningwheel
Known user

Spiritualized shirts?

Post by burningwheel »

I went to backstreet, but they no longer have any. Anyone knows whats up?
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Spiritualized shirts?

Post by semisynthetic »

(I wore a "Spaceman" Spiritualized shirt a few weeks ago when I had another satellite installed, and the fellow who put it in and connected the various security and other systems it is designed for went Happily beserk!)

"Oh MAN, I drive out here to the middle of nowhere and I see THE SPACEMAN! COOL!
What is your favorite track man?
What do you like most?
Do you have ____ ?
Do you have ____ ?
Do you have ____ ?

Man, my old lady ain't gonna believe this one! I found SPIRITUALIZED in the F*CKING WILDERNESS!"

It was very refreshing, and I enjoyed the encounter and discussion as much as he. I thought you might enjoy it also.
Very funny guy; a joke a minute and always smiling. When it wasn't "Spiritualized", we discussed the workings of the new satellite. Lots of fun for the both of us; it IS nice to know so many people do know and appreciate SPZ!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Great story, semi! Years ago I was wearing my "Highest Show On Earth" tee around town. As I passed a busy bus stop, a guy shouted "Fucking Spiritualized, man!" jumped up from his seat, shook my hand and proclaimed them to be the best band in existence. It made me happy :)
PopeJez
Known user

Post by PopeJez »

In the mid 90's I was flicking through records at a record fair when the dealer noticed my "Fucked Up Inside" badge that I got with a promo vinyl release and we chatted for ages about Spz. A year later I was in a pub after going to a grim funeral when some pissed bloke looked at the badge and said "The BBC, fucking brilliant".
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

mc wrote:Great story, semi!
Ditto!

funny this came up today, makes me realize that last night I dreamt I was given a black tee shirt with a button to press in the middle.. when you pressed it, it played "How Does It Feel?"
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I rode around yesterday, just looking how things were growing, if lightning strikes had hurt any of my really OLDE trees, looking at the game, for variety and health, and then sat with my puppy, Archimedes (who is 8 months old, and 181 pounds now), and just listened to to the water flowing by below in a creek, and watched this Kingfisher catching small perch and breem from the creek to feed the babies in a nest, very, very high above. I had not been outside in awhile.

So, this afternoon, when I finally woke up (I was awake most of last night), I awoke sort of smothered, dreaming of being lost somewhere in the scrub of the forest for a moment, when I suddenly realized the smothering affect was Archimedes placing his enormous head on my chest as I slept! He still ACTS like a puppy, but he is so large, it is sometimes comical; he uses a 12 foot squared (NOT 9), small tiled entrance hall room to walk in and turn around in, which for now, is just the right size.

I dislike sleeping; EXCEPT FOR THE DREAMING!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

What breed is Archimedes? I'm guessing English Mastiff? Pictures would be lovely! We've fostered/adopted Great Dane rescues for 21 years and currently have two Great Dane/English Mastiff mixes that we've raised from pup (7 yrs and 11 yrs old now).
I think I feel it coming on
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Yes, Archimedes is an English Mastiff, but he is still so "puppy-like", well, he IS A PUPPY, and photographing him is like counting goldfish in a tank! He is constantly moving, even when he is SITTING! I took him to the Vet today, he was fine, but needed a prophylactic heartworm drug, (especially out here in the middle of Nowhere); he takes "2" instead of the usual 1/2 tablet. He had fun - and he loves to have his photo taken; I posted a picture of him when he was 2 months old, and he posed well; but I was told his "ADHD-like" behaviour was a good thing. He is not gun-shy I learned. In fact, he raced INTO the area I fired my pistol into! When hunting season begins, I will teach him to retrieve the game and not think of it as a quick snack!
The vet was having trouble breathing from laughing so hard at what I told him the Hound had been up to; so it was a good day.

My last Hound, Baskerville, was a WONDERFUL friend, and the antithesis of Archimedes in his behaviour! I still miss that Hound; I had Baskerville 11 years and 7 months+. He LOVED to be photographed; but he stood still!

If I can sneak in a Candid Camera shot of Archimedes, I will. He is very lanky; and although I have a Jeep that was raised several inches from stock, he can get in the back by himself! Yeah, I need more photos of him while he is...small? So I'll do that. He still has another year and some months to GROW! Below is a photo from 6 months ago; he had just arrived and had a large meal.
Attachments
Archimedes at 2 months old and 22 pounds.
Archimedes at 2 months old and 22 pounds.
Archimedes1A.jpg (159.18 KiB) Viewed 3623 times
Paracelsus
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

LOVE IT. Would love to see updated photos as he grows :) Thanks for sharing.
I think I feel it coming on
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Archimedes is difficult to photo; he moves around constantly, unless he is asleep, and his Black face and Brindle coloring make it hard to get a clear photo. At that "Lanky" stage; he steps on my feet a lot, but he is learning; he is just a Puppy! He is now (almost) 9 Months old, and here he is, under a floodlight:
Attachments
Archimedes, my English Mastiff Puppy, almost (5 days to go) 9 Months
Archimedes, my English Mastiff Puppy, almost (5 days to go) 9 Months
zzArchimedes 9 months aaa.jpg (120.4 KiB) Viewed 3554 times
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

The EXCEPTION to Archimedes "never stopping moving" was when I walk out from having a shave, and found the hound (AT 5 MONTHS) all stretched out and enjoying where I HAD been watching the news! He got up there, moved the pillow, and looked quite comfortable. Now, he far too big to fit comfortably upon the couch.
Attachments
Archimedes resting and watching the News
Archimedes resting and watching the News
Archimedes resting and watching the News..jpg (285.94 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
Paracelsus
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

semisynthetic wrote:I rode around yesterday, just looking how things were growing, if lightning strikes had hurt any of my really OLDE trees, looking at the game, for variety and health, and then sat with my puppy, Archimedes (who is 8 months old, and 181 pounds now), and just listened to to the water flowing by below in a creek, and watched this Kingfisher catching small perch and breem from the creek to feed the babies in a nest, very, very high above. I had not been outside in awhile.

So, this afternoon, when I finally woke up (I was awake most of last night), I awoke sort of smothered, dreaming of being lost somewhere in the scrub of the forest for a moment, when I suddenly realized the smothering affect was Archimedes placing his enormous head on my chest as I slept! He still ACTS like a puppy, but he is so large, it is sometimes comical; he uses a 12 foot squared (NOT 9), small tiled entrance hall room to walk in and turn around in, which for now, is just the right size.

I dislike sleeping; EXCEPT FOR THE DREAMING!
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”