Manchester 10k run

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Dreamweapon
Known user

Manchester 10k run

Post by Dreamweapon »

Hi

I thought I would post this with a seriously 'no expectations' added to it.

I am running the Manchester 10K on May 18th. I’m doing it to raise funds for The Stroke Association as my grandmother has had 3 strokes over the last year (she was 90 yesterday in fact!). My wife’s late grandmother also had a stroke too, so we thought this was a good one to go for.

I'm finding from speaking to people that the charity I've chosen has struck a real chord - strokes seem to have affected quite a number of people's families, and in quite severe ways, so I'm really happy that a charity that might not normally have got some attention has done so, and people who are sponsoring me can hopefully feel that some good might be done, and funds raised for equipment and help etc.

On a serious note though, I do genuinely appreciate that these requests for sponsorship and donations can be never ending - I get them all the time at work, so I do know. Every pound counts, so whatever you can do is kind, but please don't worry if you can't. Even if you can think of anyone else who might want to give the odd few pounds let them know - post my link on your facebook pages, speak to friends, relatives, corporate sponsors - etc etc! Not really expecting Sport Relief millions, but let's give it a shot and push this and raise a big fat load of dosh!

Looking forward to May 19th as I’m off on holiday (not sure that running around after a 2½ year old at Butlins in Skegness will be relaxing, but it’s a break!)

Max Hayek is fundraising on JustGiving for Stroke Association

Max Hayek is fundraising on JustGiving for Stroke Associ...
Help Max raise money for this great cause.

View on http://www.justgiving.com/Max-Hayek

The beauty of justgiving is that you know you can trust me that it's going straight to The Stroke Association, and that it's not me asking for your money.

Many thanks for whatever you can do.

Max