The Ukraine -1943; a Historical note

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

semisynthetic
Known user

The Ukraine -1943; a Historical note

Post by semisynthetic »

Communist Russia, under Stalin, murdered many tens of millions of their own populus. The Ukraine was just one of many areas where the People resorted to cannibalism, even to "donating" themselves (or others) to feed their families in order to survive.

This comment is not intended to cause some geopolitical rant, but it is a fact. I found this Photograph (as usual, when I was looking for something else), of Ukrainian Partisans fighting against the CCCP in 1943. Hitler killed in the CCCP for "living space" and resources for his maniacal 1000 Year Reich; these PPSh equipped soldiers were fighting Stalin and the CCCP in an attempt to simply try and survive. (As a note, I was looking in a "WWI - WWII era" box of Sheet Music).

I have always liked the study of History, something that can be done in a number of ways; and sometimes, cynically, (I think) it seems one needs to only learn any series of events ONCE, since the idiocy of Humankind repeats its mistakes over and over. Given the unrest in Ukraine, Crimea, The Middle East, Europe, Africa and the Far East, I thought some of you may find this moment-in-time captured by a Partisan Cameraman 71 years ago somehow germane to the current situation of Russian Totalitarianism given a free hand when the West gives even an impression of weakness or indecision.
Attachments
Ukrainian Partisans fighting Stalin c. 1943aaa 001.jpg
Ukrainian Partisans fighting Stalin c. 1943aaa 001.jpg (57.19 KiB) Viewed 1510 times
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Re: The Ukraine -1943; a Historical note

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Maybe I'm not following you correctly friend but are you of the belief that Russia is an aggressor in the Ukraine?

I agree wholeheartedly with your sentiment of the idiocy of humankind but do you think it is how we are naturally or have we been engineered this way?

Sx
Shoulders back, smash it
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: The Ukraine -1943; a Historical note

Post by semisynthetic »

Briefly:
1. Yes; with help from Pro-Russian factions both within and without Ukraine.

2. A very few DO advance far more quickly than do the masses; but I would say that it is a long trip to reach what may be our full potential as a species; for Humankind to progress from what appears to be a net, steady state of primitivism.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus