So I guess this is making the rounds

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

ro
Known user

So I guess this is making the rounds

Post by ro »

..and I couldn't resist sharing it here.
Attachments
HARV.jpg
HARV.jpg (63.59 KiB) Viewed 2945 times
davedecay
Known user

Re: So I guess this is making the rounds

Post by davedecay »

not bad - my friends Eric and Frank wouldn't be able to fit their lists on their gravestones.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Between the ages 10-14 I saw a lot of those same bands. One that really stood out were Triumph. A Canadian band who were somewhat similar to Rush, but they had a really good guitarist. Their laser light show was absolutely incredible!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

redcloud, I faintly recall Triumph.. I've just looked them up and found this on their Wikipedia page:
On July 14, 2011 Triumph Lane, in Mississauga ON, was officially dedicated in honour of the band
which I think is funny and great.

I love that Toto made it on to Harv's stone.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

ro wrote:redcloud, I faintly recall Triumph.. I've just looked them up and found this on their Wikipedia page:
On July 14, 2011 Triumph Lane, in Mississauga ON, was officially dedicated in honour of the band
which I think is funny and great.
I still have 3-4 of their albums from my youth. Probably best remembered for "Lay it on the Line" and "Fight The Good Fight". Watching their vids now on youtube and it's kinda cheesy - a lot of rock star posing and typical late 70's/early 80's power rock riffs but as a young kid seeing them live blew me away. I can still remember it 30+ years later. I also bought one of those baseball jersey shirts with graphics on front and back at the show (white with black sleeves to the elbows). Every once in a while I pull out their albums and return to those years. :D

Here ya go (I think I saw them around '81/82. I'm pretty sure I still have my ticket stub.):

ro
Known user

Post by ro »

redcloud wrote:I also bought one of those baseball jersey shirts with graphics on front and back
What? You didn't go for the Red Chestless Jumpsuit (as sported by Triumph Frontman) ?!

but seriously, thanks for that.
I must say that was one of the most enjoyable videos I've seen in a while!
runaway
Known user

Post by runaway »

Heh heh, Rick Springfield.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

:D

Yep. It's pretty funny what bands wore back then. My 13 year old son takes great amusement in watching cheesy metal videos from MTV's heyday. I think LA glamsters, Ratt, might top his list of "what the fuck were people thinking?!".