Julie

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

plastic37
Known user

Julie

Post by plastic37 »

In the 1970s the UK (and many other places) were awash with cheap LSD. Here's the story via a BBC radio four dramatisation...
The biggest bust the world has ever seen...
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04hywtb
Heavy Tourism
runaway
Known user

Re: Julie

Post by runaway »

Julie's been working for the drug squad. I'm pretty sure I ingested some of that microdot back in the day. Maybe it was purple or orange "double barrel"!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

thanks. I'll take a listen to that. strange / sad acid seems to have have lost so much popularity.

if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say it was all an evil plot to turn people into dick heads by replacing LCD and ecstasy with dullards cocaine. oh wait. I am a conspiracy theorist.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

runaway wrote:Julie's been working for the drug squad. I'm pretty sure I ingested some of that microdot back in the day. Maybe it was purple or orange "double barrel"!
Yeah back in the day I quaffed my fair share and then some. I never really liked the dull squished microdot form factor - paper trips offered much more potential for interesting artwork. My personal favourite was the Dancing Test Tubes - to see the full image you needed to see a sheet with dozens on it, but it was worth the effort to track down ... I guess it helped that they could usually be relied on to be more potent than the more generic regular strawberry or banana designs :D

Thanks for the heads-up on the radio drama! I listen to a lot of radio 4, but managed to miss that one ... to be honest I usually find the 2.15pm drama the least interesting offering on R4, of all their programming it tends to be as predictably dull as the You & Yours phone-ins where a succession of different people end up asking all the same questions about pension plans, student loans and stamp duty, day after day, week after week, year after year :(
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

clewsr wrote:if I was a conspiracy theorist I'd say it was all an evil plot to turn people into dick heads by replacing LCD and ecstasy with dullards cocaine.
I was thinking how the war on drugs has resulted in a plethora of new drugs. A Channel Four documentary about legal highs was full of brand new stuff. And I wonder if cannabis would have gotten so strong had it been unscheduled years ago.
Heavy Tourism
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Operation Julie was actually done as a TV drama back in the 80s.