For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

The Dr
Known user

RIP mr spock

Post by The Dr »

it was bad enough when he died in the wrath of kahn :( :cry:
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: RIP mr spock

Post by BzaInSpace »

S'alright. Fire his space coffin towards the Genesis planet and he'll be back soon enough...
O P 8
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

painted by my wife in 2008
painted by my wife in 2008
mr. spock with cat.jpg (249.65 KiB) Viewed 1574 times
My wife painted this of Mr. Spock holding his cat.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

At the end of each year, TCM (a movies only channel in the USA) shows a short film tribute to all in the movie industry who have passed away in that year; it is always a combination of sadness and fond memories as the excerpt of the actors and so on from their films are shown; and I feel that way with the advent of the death of Leonard Nimoy.

(I was never a "Trekkie", but I remember the very first shows still today, and the Press this "new" show received; I think that Space Travel is the same type of drive, fundamentally, that caused primitive humans to wonder what was on the other side of the hill, and something that should not be abandoned by the USA).

There are many actors so tied to a character they played, that it is hard to imagine anyone else in their place; oftentimes, and not surprisingly, despite the fame and wealth, they get tired of being so ultimately typed-cast. So it was with Mr. Nimoy.

I remember as a boy watching an afternoon program when I came home from gradeschool; it may have been Dick Cavett; interviewing the blonde Yeoman who was like Captain Kirk's personal assistant; I remember the model of the Starship Enterprise on the table, and her fashionably very short dress and her well shaped, long legs; (she reminded me of the Library teacher I had a crush on, only my teacher was much prettier, I thought); this was just a few months before the series started; and as a great advocate even then in my little boy frame, at that time, for space travel, I could hardly wait to fly past the moon and into deep space. I will now just suggest once more to "Live Long and Prosper", and remember a somewhat reluctant Vulcan who so many people saw as the first Alien they ever really "met".
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus