iTunes/iOS 8.4 upgrade...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

iTunes/iOS 8.4 upgrade...

Post by BzaInSpace »

I've never been keen to jump on the casual hatred of Apple and stuff - the 64GB iPhone 4S I got earlier this year is simply fucking awesome.

Or at least - it was.

Now, I use this thing primarily for listening to music on the move, with portable browser and communications probably less in my priorities really.

Up until a week ago, I was so pleased with the iTunes/'Music' app: played quickly, seamlessly, intuitive commands etc.

Also, if I flipped my phone on the side you got this great cascade of of all the album art on there... made selections easy too.

Now I admit, I'm the sad kind of fucker who spends much time encoding proper artwork for all ripped music etc - at the expense of more fulfilling life duties no doubt... I'm not ashamed. :oops:

What's maddening is the latest 'Music' app upgrade - now known as 'Apple Music' - is a shambles. Heaps of new features I couldn't care less about ("follow artists"... huh?) and as well as losing that aesthetically pleasing gallery of album artwork, the upgrade actually deleted the vast majority of album/track artwork I'd painstakingly encoded, leaving only official iTunes purchases artwork intact, and in some cases retaining only shitty stock photos.

No proper fixes seems to be noted out there so I just had to delete the whole contents of iTunes and reload the albums. Now I find that while the artwork is there lots of albums are missing any number of tracks...

Any ideas?

First world problems for sure, but I'd gladly skip back to the previous version of the music app as this is just garbage.

Plus - messages and stuff now seem notably slower, freezing and that... up until last week this device was lightning fast.

Previously there was this great 3rd party app called iFunBox which allowed you to plug your phone in and manually delete all the cookies and crap from certain apps. It appears that iOS 8.4 no longer allows this function.

FUCK YOU APPLE! :lol:
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Re: iTunes/iOS 8.4 upgrade...

Post by MODLAB »

Go back to 8.3. Especially on a 4S.

M
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Mark... How can this be done??
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

BzaInSpace wrote:Mark... How can this be done??

I could not have said it better myself.

Here you go.

http://www.gottabemobile.com/2015/06/30 ... m-ios-8-4/

Hope it helps and works out for you.

M
Design.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

I'm avoiding the update myself, and I'm an Apple user and certified Apple tech.

I've also avoided iTunes 12, but I'm on OS X 10.8 for the time being, anyway.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

davedecay wrote:I'm avoiding the update myself, and I'm an Apple user and certified Apple tech.

I've also avoided iTunes 12, but I'm on OS X 10.8 for the time being, anyway.

I'm beta testing 9.0 which has been good so far. Yes, like any beta ware it has it's problems but has been pretty solid. I'm waiting on El Capitan. Not going to test it on my work machine...

I've enjoyed Music and it's great after you put some favourites in. Not sure I will stay after the free trial though I can see the benefits over Spotify if you are an Apple user.
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

"UPDATE: Unfortunately, Apple has closed up iOS 8.3 and you can no longer downgrade to iOS 8.3 from iOS 8.4."

:cry:
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Try this mate.

http://www.taig.mobi/how-to-downgrade-i ... to-ios-8-3

Did you back-up your phone before you updated?
Design.