Paris attacks

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

runcible
Site Admin

Paris attacks

Post by runcible »

I watched in horror this morning at the news reports regarding the shootings and bombings in Paris last night. I was working late last night and didn't hear about it til not long ago. Words fail me at the level of intense hatred the attackers and those behind them have. My sympathies to everyone affected by this grotesque event - so many people have been affected, from those killed to those injured to the families and friends of the victims. You have to wonder how this madness is going to pan out. A new level of evil exists in those responsible. Horrible.
niamhm
Known user

Re: Paris attacks

Post by niamhm »

Amen to that Runcible, truly shocking events in Paris last night,
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

runcible wrote:You have to wonder how this madness is going to pan out..
It's bound to be more of the same unfortunately: further erosion of civil liberties, implementation of further draconian surveillance for all, and more bombing the fuck out of the Middle East.

At least these tried and tested methods work... Right?
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

RIP for the dead.
And an Eagles of Death Metal gig as well. Bastards
O P 8
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

BzaInSpace wrote:
runcible wrote:You have to wonder how this madness is going to pan out..
It's bound to be more of the same unfortunately: further erosion of civil liberties, implementation of further draconian surveillance for all, and more bombing the fuck out of the Middle East.

At least these tried and tested methods work... Right?
It definitely will help the mass surveillance bill that the French government are trying to make law...
This is mass surveillance of anyone outside of France by the way
Shoulders back, smash it
semisynthetic
Known user

Paris attacked by Islamic Extremist Terrorists ISIL

Post by semisynthetic »

I am very saddened and angry at the horrific acts by those who have a philosophy of if you disagree, you are wrong and will die for it. This was a terrible, barbaric act that should have been countered >3 years ago. Their intent was well known and spreading with incredibly bloody murders of all types happening every day wherever they go and wherever they've gone.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

U2 frontman Bono has called the terrorist attacks in Paris on Friday "the first direct hit on music".

"If you think about it," he said on Saturday (November 14), "the majority of victims last night are music fans. This is the first direct hit on music that we’ve had in this so-called War on Terror. And it’s very upsetting. These are our people... The cold-blooded effect of this slaughter is deeply disturbing and that's what I can't get out of my head.”

how the fuck can he even make this about him? this is a new low...
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

No surprise there - Bono Vox has basically mutated into a post-modern version of Rupert Murdoch.

More than willing to call out on only certain, instructed injustices in order to fur(t)her feather his own despicable nest.

Why do you think he wears sunglasses all the time?

What he worships demands some kind of sacrifice...

Symbolism, see?

O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

PEACE LOVE AND DEATH METAL

Post by BzaInSpace »

While I'm here - FUCK U2, and fuck the Foo Fighters for both immediately cancelling their sold-out gigs in France after the shit that went down this weekend.

The "terror" has obviously succeeded with those chumps.

In a weekend of shit and nightmarish thought and reflection, I was so heartened by the news that the mighty Motörhead were gonna go ahead with their Louder Than Everything Else gig in Paris tonight - sadly they were forced to postpone.

When people are frightened to go out I guess The War on Terror has been lost.

RESIST!

O P 8
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

I'm always at a loss for words when these things happen. It just a profoundly sad reminder of the selfishness, discontent & barbarism some men find themselves in, an excuse to wrought their misery onto others.
It doesn't have to be this way.

Paris is my favourite city in the world, I love the French people & their culture/s. They've been in my thoughts since Friday.
I want to go back this Christmas to visit the place.
Paris in winter is great. As is Paris in spring, and autumn.. With the cold air of winter it just takes on a different feel, like there's a glimmer of warmth ever present even when you're being exposed to the cold. It's just got a heartbeat other cities can't quite match.
& it'll recover too.

Fuck Bono & U2 fwiw.

These people tho.. & the people that facilitate it. Sometimes really does make me feel like there are two worlds being acted out at the same time. The constant noise of war & the everyday life that these people, all of them on any side who sells war, seem so vehemently against.
What the world needs now is love..
gonna burn brightly
for a while
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

I'm no fan of U2/Foo Fighters, but I think it's unfair to criticise them here for cancelling - firstly, I'd imagine a large number of parisians don't fancy going to a gig at this time, and if it wasn't cancelled they'd have lost the price of the ticket (probably considerably expensive). Secondly, while no event is risk-free, there's every reason to suspect that the crew would rather not be working at this particular show at this time, not to mention venue staff, stewards, etc.

You might think that's conceding to terrorists, but I don't think it's wrong for people to want to stand back for a couple of weeks at least.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

I know... I'm just at a loss really.

Conceding? Unfortunately it feels like that.

I was so cheered when it seemed that Motörhead were gonna play on Sunday night. Those guys are just something else... Total resistance.

Anyway, read Jack's beautiful post - he said it so much better than me...

Salute!
O P 8
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

this is the result of 14 years of a so called "war on terror" and nothing else. Amidst all this carnage and heartache what do the powers that be propose to do about it.....

Hollande: We are going to lead a war which will be pitiless !
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Yeah - it's sickening. I thought the absurdly titled "War on Terror" was meant to make the world a safer place, to stop terrorism from occurring at home?

Clearly - that's not working.

At least Cameron and May are leading the way with a litany of rhetoric and ignorance.
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Paris attacked by Islamic Jihadist Terrorists

Post by semisynthetic »

There has not been a "WAR ON TERROR" for nearly 7 years; in fact, the very words and the idea under the current USA Administration are verboten. I may not like the name either - but to eliminate the ability like those who in Paris killed so many and in so very many other places and regions also has been what was needed to avoid innocent people from having grenades of some type tossed into the faces of a captive crowd like the Bataclan Music Hall.

I couldn't care less what Bono or any Musician-gone-Hollywood has to say; it surprises me to see it here at all. I did notice how many people died while enjoying a Concert or having a nice meal; I certainly didn't need anyone to tell me the obvious; I can do addition and subtraction on my own. The more important words and deeds come from those who could have done something about this savagery, and even to hear from the Terrorists themselves, indirectly, to learn more about how this event began and was carried out.

The items used and planning show quite a level of sophistication for a "Junior Varsity" team; and there were many people in the know who tried to convey that point to the US President years ago. Even the day before Paris was attacked, ISIL was pronounced "contained".

If ISIL had been dealt with as they should have been 3+ years ago, it is unlikely we would have seen the horror in Paris, and in many other places over the years.

There seems to be much more interest in waiting out time for the "next President", and a nearly endless daily semantic dance than actually dealing with what is believed and observed to be Evil. Perhaps there are press releases and small venue Friday afternoon speeches or discussions that are not so easily seen in the UK or Europe. I don't know; I know I now can watch much more UK and European programming since I had another satellite installed; What I was able to obtain seems limited to me, how much it truly offers me, I'll know better in time. I watched the Parisian Attack on US television from the first minutes and for many hours forward; hoping that a second round of attacks would not occur.

If you have not seen the "War on Terror", it is because even the term itself and certainly any meaningful action are disallowed. As able as the UK's SAS and Military are, I believe the numbers necessary to effect a truly meaningful campaign are simply inadequate. This "waiting for January, 2017" has cost so much as one looks carefully at the Middle East, the hundreds of thousands of refugees - the Ideal way to spread Terrorists, sickness and death all through Europe; and there are the many Guilty Dead, guilty for thinking differently than those in "ISIL".

It is weakness and self delusion by a "lead from behind" commander and chief who must still be just hanging on, hoping for a certain view from History that is increasingly unlikely to come as time goes by and something more analytical than "hoping things get better" is reviewed and those many important moments were wasted by waiting too long or doing nothing at all.

I thought French President Hollande was very clear and concise; many of the French attacks on Roqqa were originally US targets that were "removed" from the list. I am still very saddened and angry that these attacks managed to be carried out at all; it is shameful that something this terrible that may have been averted and was not. I have a deep sorrow for all those killed in Paris; a sad and terrible waste.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

7 years?

"We've always been at war against Eastasia..."
O P 8
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

Not to get too tinfoil hat about this, or distract from the tragedy, but don't you think there are other vested interests at work than just the Obama presidency (& his eye on history's account)?

Yes it's all well and good saying that 3 years ago this could've been nipped in the proverbial bud, but to put the blame at the door of one man seems a stretch to me.. Not that he doesn't bear some responsibility of course, just that there's other factors at work. People who profiteer from these situations, from arms dealing & warmongering. Of course Obama may very well be one of those people.

The questions therefore are, if it could've been solved 3 years ago, why can't it be now? And who is preventing it? Who stands to gain from this mess? "Mess" I obviously mean war. Even growing up in Northern Ireland, I never understood that war was a constant presence (I just figured it was something region locked, but it's not it's world wide). But it is, & it's driven by different reasons but ultimately at the end of the day the question is to who profits the most. Some people enter war somewhat reluctantly, but even they have some benefit to gain. If the capabilities tone gate Isis exist then why hasn't the solution being delivered? These people should be held accountable too. But they never will. Bad people make the world go round.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Paris attacked by Islamic Jihadist Terrorists

Post by BzaInSpace »

semisynthetic wrote:
I couldn't care less what Bono or any Musician-gone-Hollywood has to say; it surprises me to see it here at all. I did notice how many people died while enjoying a Concert or having a nice meal; I certainly didn't need anyone to tell me the obvious; I can do addition and subtraction on my own. The more important words and deeds come from those who could have done something about this savagery, and even to hear from the Terrorists themselves, indirectly, to learn more about how this event began and was carried out...
Again with all due respect Semi, this is a forum for a psychedelic gospel garage band.

I certainly don't spend time here to read the kind of uber-serious (and usually biased) reportage you appear to demand.

Hell, I'm here for the twisted Bonno Vox nonsense, proper emotional and thoughtful responses, and anything which makes this place the only part of the internet I actually care about.

It was a fucking brutal series of events, and I think we can all agree there at least.

The reasons and causes and power-vacuums caused by Western intervention are numerous and varied (and mostly evil, profit driven demonic bastards backing it all the way) but I don't need to talk about it here.

I'd rather speak about how much I fucking love the amazing Eagles of Death Metal (anybody who I gave an unmixed CDR to over the last few years will know the epochal track I embedded a few posts above... hopefully) and how fucking unthinkably brutal the Bataclan incident was.

There are no words. :(

Anyway, I've got a vast backlog of musical drafts to be finished...

P E A C E
X
O P 8
Hedspace
Known user

Post by Hedspace »

semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Don't You think I prefer Peace? Of course I do for Obvious reasons.
Yet,
A horrific event occurs, and I placed my opinion and views concerning it. I had turned on the T.V. to watch an old comedy Film; the Terrorist attack had JUST occurred and I watched with very sad eyes hoping and praying that a second series of events did NOT occur; I watched for hours and hours as new information became available, not as if I was watching a "Coliseum Event", (Social Media from ISIL was counting Deaths as they were reported like a football game score) but the destruction of hundreds of families; scores killed in a variety of cold, vicious calculated methods; I thought of the many reports and urgings by the US Armed Forces and numerous Intelligence Agencies speaking to the people of the U.S.A. through Congressional Hearings since the leader of the country didn't seem to quite get the depth of the danger, as well as simple common sense and all of these things were truly upsetting and serious.

I am used to my views on such events not being terribly popular on my favorite SITE; but these are my opinions. I absolutely abhor war; the waste of life and all the rest of it; but there are those who cannot be rationally spoken with; who can kill as with a yawn over reasons and Ideologies that clearly those on this Psychedelic Gospel Band Site; while we, by the very act of enjoyment of this Wonderful Site makes us automatically targets by persons so alien and inhumane in their thinking, it is difficult to truly attempt to understand their mindset by people from so much of the world who see their actions as barbaric; the way children and adults alike are not considered worthy of life because they simply disagree and see the world very differently.

Their actions are so clearly what they are, I find the failure to seriously deal with them, as bizarre. It was revealed (again) today that this US President, even in these exceptionally dangerous times meets with "his" National Security Team every few WEEKS - a point that is perhaps the reason he has said such unknowing comments so often; the History of National Security Teams is A DAILY event; and to hear once again that he "makes time" every few WEEKS tells those who wish us harm that he appears to be not very interested. That is not just an opinion - that is an intercept of a not so nice fellow who sees it as the weakness it is.

I simply wished to focus upon the event, and the sad reality that it very well never likely needed to occur; it was very clear 3+ years ago that these Terrorists were NOT some "Junior Varsity" grade threat; but that was also so clearly the desired Administration narrative, made so much worse because so many, many more people suffered than just the French; Christians and Muslims alike chased from their homes, even when they attempted numerous demonstrations to say they did not want to leave their homes, but to have help to fight for them!

To constantly invoke political desires and follow an ideology that does not bother to follow common sense, humanity and leaving leadership to whomever fills the vacuum the USA leaves by "leading from behind", an Orwellian grade of terminology that means very little, but has immense consequences.

So I believe what I wrote tries to focus on the reality and depth of the event, and point to moments in time and lack of action for which there is no good excuse; to deal with these Terrorists, who carry machetes and knives as their "weapon of choice" for women, children and the wounded, to remember that President Hollande almost IMMEDIATELY declared war - while the U.S. - my country - counted sorties - often in single digits and then return of 75% of the ordinance was very often the case. I am glad for the actions of the French President, and I support the efforts of the French in their desire to hit this evil organization where it counts and to hit them Hard. I quietly, in my own way, offer my thoughts that no French Pilots are sacrificed in their effort to deal with those who cold heartedly killed so many in Paris, and throughout the Middle East and now North Africa. Yes, ISIL could have been "nipped in the bud"; they can still be destroyed and their power taken from them; but the cost in lives and time and treasure and refugees in the onset of winter - BUT WHY WAS THIS WAIT deemed necessary? It made no sense; surely the U.S. President is familiar with a freshmen level phrase of "nature abhors a vacuum"; and that vacuum has been filled by no friend of most of the world.

I would love to read ANY OTHER COUNTRY'S Psychological Profile of this President; there is so much that makes no sense; no sense at all, yet he believes he is right on top of it all, and is in complete control; ignoring so many people who know so much more than he about all manner of geopolitical and especially military strategy while the World Burns. To see these refugees suffer and be distributed throughout Europe is a result of this President choosing to do nothing rather than break with some strange and unyielding ideology; I can easily understand why people here at home and abroad find it difficult to believe so many (are) and will suffer for one person's "Legacy"; a legacy that will unfortunately for him be one of multiple failures and simply being so out of touch, that many of his former supporters begin to see the cracks. Even some in the usually pro-Obama media are questioning and discussing the strangeness of his responses to questions at a G-20 meeting Press Conference; rarely have I seen someone so absolutely convinced they are always right and completely in control of a clearly out of control situation, and be so predictably thin skinned when he cannot support his own position rationally, but instead, attack those who ask the questions rather than attempt to better answer them and at least try to lend support to his actions.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Tue Nov 17, 2015 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

"Cheers Obama!"

Nothing really changes does it.
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Semi...

Your stance ought to astound me but having read your nonsense before it doesn't. Yet I find it pretty insensitive that you have taken the opportunity to politicise this grotesque event. I see a Republican in the US has been castigated for doing the same thing, and rightly so.

My original post was to declare my own disgust and horror at what took place. A very close friend of mine has a daughter who lives in that part of Paris and one of the places the gunmen tore through is a regular haunt of hers and she was there 2 days before it was attacked. She just happened to be visiting her dad in the UK this weekend otherwise... well, who knows. That shook me up and is part of what I hoped to draw attention to - the fact that ordinary people's lives were torn apart when they were doing very ordinary things. What I hadn't anticipated was a right wing rant attacking Obama and the US government's position. I really don't think this was the time or place to do that.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Open Minded as Ever, I see.

Fortunately, we may ALL share our opinions on an event that shocked and dismayed people around most of the world as we please; there is no "time limit" for waiting to do that, but if you choose to impose one upon yourself, please go right ahead; I tend not to complain when someone shares as they will, I do usually prefer something more rational than not, but I don't auto-complain when people of other countries point out the errors they believe THEIR leadership has made; partly because I believe they likely know a level of detail I do not; and because the structure of our various governments are so very different. Besides, why should I take offense if someone points out something about the leadership of THEIR country?

I am not a cheer leader for any UK Politician of any persuasion. I do happen to believe my opinions are timely, and since I have long shared what I believed to be reasonable, in this case, that much of the suffering and death could have been stopped and avoided some time ago, and why I believe it to be so, I gave my opinions. I see no reason to avoid sharing what I think and why; if you feel a need to rail against my opinions, please do - I have nothing against rational thought or analysis.

Under the current situation, ANY US President of EITHER PARTY who would have so ham handedly missed so many opportunities to deal with a ever growing Terrorist threat that started as a small, localized and containable problem and instead, blinked too often and put so many people at risk for questionable reasons would have received the same responses as I have said of THIS President; I don't blindly support or automatically disagree based on party, but on what is done. I called several offices this morning in my state and in D.C. and asked specific questions and gave my viewpoints; I once asked an "angry crowd" on a Post here how and/or if they involved themselves with the policies of the UK, but never a response to that was given. Every single day, with rare exceptions, I watch and read what is going on in my country, and the world. What happens in the USA can affect and does affect much more of the world than just the US; this was certainly one of those times.

As far as the politics is concerned, there are incredibly far worse statements made about other politicians of a different persuasion that I have Never seen you complain about such comments made - regardless of "timing" or anything else; it seemed this was because you happened to agree, ergo, silence. But you like Mr. Obama, so you support him regardless?
I happen to see the current President of the USA having made errors that I point directly to that have had dire consequences - and I mentioned some of them.
My great "sin" is that I am of a different political persuasion - but, it is my opinion, and I have reasons for having these opinions that transcend party or philosophy. I am more "conservative" politically than I believe you to be; but when I disagree with politicians I often DO agree with, and I believe it is a matter of importance, I let them know without sugarcoating (or rudeness). I still wonder how you convey your thoughts to your government; it is a matter of learning and sharing how you interact, not belittling you for thinking differently than I

By the by, you are not the only one here with friends and loved ones in Paris or anywhere else; my telephone bill is going to be quite a bit greater this month; but it was worth every penny to know they were all safe. One of my kids is studying Medicine there for a year, I think; Dermatology is her Field; she was frightened, but safe. One of my students who IS French had written me not long ago, but I had missed his email; and called him, his wife was terrified, and he was at the Lab. Others were, I learned later, passed out cold during the entire episode.

I was worried as one can be when I watched this chaos unfold Live; you were in a way fortunate to be asleep until it was over; but my daughter was on my mind, certainly; and to hear her voice was a great relief. My other kid, I was happy to know, was here in the US; and fortunately on call in Hospital; thus unaware of how sis was doing or even the tragedy taking place. I was lucky; within hours I heard from both of them; so many families did not, and that fact was not lost on me.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paracelsus
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

France on Tuesday mobilized hundreds of thousands of security personnel and sought the European Union’s help for its missions in the Middle East and Africa in the wake Friday’s deadly attacks in Paris. With the move, France becomes the first country in the EU to invoke the 28-nation bloc’s mutual defense clause that calls on all member states to provide “mutual aid and assistance.”

“France cannot do everything, in the Sahel, in the Central African Republic, in the Levant and then secure its national territory,” French defense minister Jean-Yves Le Drian reportedly said, during a meeting of EU defense ministers in Brussels Tuesday, where he invoked the EU's Article 42.7 mutual assistance clause.

While the exact nature of assistance -- including military support -- the EU might provide still needs to be discussed, EU’s foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini tweeted within minutes that all 28 member states had “replied in unison: ‘Yes.’”

Article 42.7 of the Treaty on European Union says that “if a member state is the victim of armed aggression on its territory, the other member states shall have toward it an obligation of aid and assistance by all the means in their power.”

The provision has never before been used and requires unanimous support of all EU members. France could also invoke the NATO’s Article 5 -- the collective defense clause -- that declares an attack against one ally to be an attack against all. The NATO provision was invoked only once before -- in 2001 by the United States after the Sept. 11 attacks.

“I cannot see that we are moving towards such a situation,” German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier reportedly said Monday, when asked about whether Paris is likely to invoke the NATO clause. On Tuesday, Germany reiterated its pledge to provide France the “help and support” it needs.

Meanwhile, following a night of fresh airstrikes in Syria and police raids in suspected militant hideouts in France, the country’s Interior Minister Bernard Cazeneuve announced the mobilization of 115,000 police, gendarmes and military personnel “over the whole of our national territory to insure the protection of French people.”

The increased security spending this would incur, including the cost of carrying out airstrikes in Syria, means that France is unlikely to meet the EU’s 3 percent deficit target.

Speaking to local media Tuesday, French Prime Minister Manuel Valls put security ahead of the deficit cuts and said the targets will “necessarily be exceeded,” and that the European Commission “must understand.”

The commission, on its part, indicated that it would not try to block France’s increased spending on implementing new security measures, and adopt an “intelligent and humane” approach, according to media reports.

“One thing that is clear in the current circumstances is that in this terrible moment the protection of citizens, the security of citizens in France and Europe is the priority,” Pierre Moscovici, the European commissioner for economic and financial affairs, said.

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Paris attacks

Post by BzaInSpace »

Cut and pasted your original end to your post on this SITE, as you have somewhat expertise on Ninja Edits to your own posts - sadly no improvement on the basic decorum for a forum though:
Semi-Automatic wrote:By the by, you are not the only one here with friends and loved ones in Paris or anywhere else; my telephone bill is going to be quite a bit greater this month; but it was worth every penny to know they were all well...
That (almost) comes across like you're trying to 'Top' Mr Runcible. :roll:

O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

FM Spaceman - I can't even watch that footage.

No disrespect of course...

I cry with laughter at this though:

I mostly am not bothered by music videos, except for the rare occasion when they enhance the music and make me cry laughing...
O P 8
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

possibly more

Germany v Netherlands friendly called off for security concerns

Germany's friendly with the Netherlands on Tuesday has been called off because of security concerns.

The Hannover Stadium, hosting the match, started to be evacuated less than two hours before kick-off.

The president of Hannover Police told the BBC there was a "concrete security threat" and "there were plans for some kind of explosion".

German Chancellor Angela Merkel was set to attend the match at the 49,000-capacity HDI Arena.

Belgium's friendly with Spain on Tuesday in Brussels was called off on Monday because of security fears in the wake of last week's attacks in Paris.

England's match against France at Wembley on Tuesday night is going ahead, with tributes to be paid to the 129 people killed in Paris on Friday.

Two Dutch government ministers attending the match - Defence Minister Jeanine Hennes and Health and Sport Minister Edith Schippers - returned to the airport to travel home.

The world champions had initially not wanted the game to go ahead, having played against France in Paris on Friday when the wave of attacks hit the city.

The contingent of 80 Germans, including players, coaches and staff, then spent the night in the changing rooms of the Stade de France stadium, before leaving for the airport on Saturday morning.

But the players, coaches and national football association decided to proceed with the game in a show of unity with the French.

The Associated Press agency reports there had been a bomb threat about an hour earlier outside the stadium, with streets leading to the ground being sealed off before the all-clear was given.

Hannover mayor Stefan Schostok, told Bild: "Safety is paramount. This is a fear you will always have.

"I trust the police have made the right decision. If a threat situation exists, then those steps must be taken."

BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

ooft! Even not being a footballer I enjoyed the footage...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Ninja Edits - basik level matrix induction series 666.666.02...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hope nobody minds if I throw in a few great soulful, autumnal/The Fall tracks here. I'd rather celebrate Paris as a staunch cultural bedrock than dwell on evil and destructive emotive crayon scrawled notes from the underworld...
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Paris attacks

Post by semisynthetic »

You may not like what I wrote; I am used to saying or writing, as are most Americans, to share my thoughts and beliefs. This horrific event that had more layers to the onion than the BBC will ever share. My thoughts and beliefs on this mess are certainly shared by many people; of course a politician was castigated; that's what they do. But as for the American people who wonder why so little of effectiveness was done and things are allowed to get completely out of control, that's people in both parties AND independents. This Terrorist Attack WAS a political act wound up inside layers of political acts and failures. Since saying your mind is part of American life, the very idea that anyone would pop a cork in righteous indignation was just as likely as the precession of the Earth in the opposing direction happening.

This is one great difference in either space, time, age or which side of the Atlantic we're on. What I shared, what I think, was not much different than a great many other people; and whereas when I read or hear what is written or said in the UK or Europe, I am very often as surprised.
I am not "Politically Correct", nor am I intentionally predisposed to be unkind, or to be demanding that someone do as I "pretend" to "command them". That sort of grade school bully-boy talk reminds me of 3rd grade; to command this and belittle that is too dictatorial for me. Watch out that YOU do not create and dwell on emotive crayon scrawled notes from the underworld; it cannot be very helpful. For as I said, I never meant any harm by simply sharing what I and so many see; but you are across the pond, and I have been watching the BBC. It explains a great deal.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Who started this?
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

semi-magnetic wrote:But this got WAY OUT OF CONTROL!

You said it.

You need to calm the hell down. Your massive personal vendetta against Obama is just getting absurd.

Read what Runcible said in his initial post, then his reply.

People don't agree with what you're saying as it's so fucking unbelievable - not so long ago you (without irony!) you referred to the American Civil War as the War Of Northern Aggression.

Wow.

There seems to be a curious disconnect between your fervent right-wing ideals and anyone who just says no, enough...
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

]--{==|||||}---- 6 6 6

Post by BzaInSpace »

spzretent wrote:Who started this?
Ninja Edits sharp tonight, but here was the original reply to your post:
semi-coherent wrote:The Islamic Jihadist Terrorists who attacked Paris.

Runcible and I had a lot in common regarding loved ones in Paris; and I followed his and other Posts; but I made the "unforgivable error" of delving into reasons that the Terrorists had been allowed to grow from a small, contained area that could be dealt with to the nearly state-like area they control in the Middle East and North Africa. I thought when I wrote my Post, I was very much like Runcible; but since I had the audacity to mention the US President, I was very surprised to see the result of my Post in subsequent Posts of "unforgiving" rudeness. It is alright to disagree, but to trample a User for a page or more because someone dislikes their opinion is not acceptable. This should be a free site to voice opinions, but I am not used to carefully making certain my thoughts "pass" some unwritten criteria of acceptability.

I see no reason for invoking racism, or giving rude commands and personal attacks when anyone Posts and puts forth thoughts on this horrific Attack in Paris; I watched this from almost the moment it started; and spent time trying to get in touch with my kid; up all night long, and relieved after a few hours. But this got WAY OUT OF CONTROL! I am very disappointed that a Post that 2 people disliked so much was picked at like a scab; WRITE WHY YOU DISAGREE; and an intelligent discussion is possible and we share thoughts; but keep insulting Users, and you hurt this Wonderful Site. I like this SITE much too much to let things get out of control and so ridiculously personal when it is not indicated.
O P 8
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

semi-probable wrote:I never meant any harm by simply sharing what I and so many see; but you are across the pond, and I have been watching the BBC. It explains a great deal.
Yeah I love that idea, you just clumsily appear in threads mouthing off shit that Rush Limbaugh would get hard over... like a right-wing version of Inspector Clouseau...

The BBC is hardly a righteous choice - it's been covering politically-correct paedophiles for decades now. And demands citizens of the UK to pay 150 pounds per year for the privilege.

It's merely a slightly softer version of Fox News. Believe that bullshit should you wish - but I certainly won't take you close to serious using that as a 'source'.
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

You clearly don't understand the meaning of what was meant.

It must not have occurred to you that I personally found the (understandably) limited references, that is, references with any level of detail besides something like "sound bites" on the BBC about the USA in general, and the disapproval of people, Military, and even a media that is usual not so hard on this President; it was so minimal, that I could understand why reports of all kinds, many of the type I mentioned that are all over US airwaves and newspapers are simply not mentioned by the BBC. It could be a time factor, or deciding what or not to include certain types of reportage, regardless of how numerous it may be in the USA. The point is it was't there; and that in itself was very informative. Why?

If you, and others had never heard what has been reported about general disappointment and wondering why so little was done over these last years in such an important geopolitical area, then naturally reading my post, which was taken from elements of Cspan, hearing Military and Civilian Experts who tried to "get through" and failed with the President, or newspapers who were unhappy that the President not answering questions, just "attempt to scold correspondents and fail to answer what must be too difficult to admit" AND SO ON; that is why when I wrote that I had been listening to BBC at home and it explained a lot is simple:

If such an important UK news source does not share so much of what so many Anericans - NOT ALL - but enough to clearly show that a significant number of democrats, independents and republicans are questioning the lack of any real and effective response concerning ISIS, including many in government who have resigned, some with high rank and great careers - all wondering as we hear and read and find out the most incredible things HERE; details that I did not hear mentioned while I watched the BBC, THAT is what "explained" much and made clear to me, not that, as you may have thought, that "I watched the BBC and they explained so much to me with thorough reporting". No. All that was explained is that my "shocking" comments were all over most of the US media, including some the more left leaning; it's hard to report well when you cannot get simple answers that the one interviewed won't answer; or as told to Congress repeatedly, "bad news about ISIS was omitted and not shared by the President or the Whitehouse" (with the American Public), It didn't fit the narrative that was desired. Look it up; these points were sent out on Whitehose Letterheads.

To know that SOMETHING more had been presented - repeatedly - and was ignored is not something that I heard on the BBC; and what I wrote was not mad ramblings I invented that night; I was disgusted that more had not been done - as so many here in the US also clearly believe, it was difficult for me to get a line in to Paris to see if my kid was alright, and I was disgusted that virtually nothing had been done to counter ISIS seriously.
I too had my own "heartfelt worries and concerns"; and since I watched the Paris coverage essentially from the beginning all night long, there were many things that went through my mind as I listened to my computer continue to autodial.

But why setting off a firestorm of discontent, with innuendo and personal insults against me is, well, alien to me; I realize if I had discussed a very DIFFERENT President (or even a Prime Minister, which I likely would not), this indignation would not have happened. I watched Congressional Hearings since all this hullabaloo began, and heard a very dististinguished and brave, decorated American say that they had reported this ISIS threat for FIVE YEARS and were ignored; that and so much more is reported and discussed INCREASINGLY HERE in the USA; perhaps the BBC staff simply didn't know where to begin.

What I attempted to share were tbe feelings not of just my own disgust, but a significant number of the American people.

I respect those who disagree; it is "normal" to hear opposing opinions, I mentioned to a friend last night how the idea of "Social Media" had, for me, anyway, always meant sharing opinions, not trying to systematically delete them.

When grown people, in fine Schools, require a "Safe Space" to retreat to, while they could be studying to advance beyond that retrograde position, it is clear to me that sharing provocative thoughts is made difficult when no discussion is allowed.

To see personal insults made against me for having opinions based on information that is believable and not some smear by a very few low level individuals, but instead pleas made by respected and believable persons is at least something to ponder and consider that there just may be some truth to it; to be accused of vendetta; all of this is very strange to me. Trying to make some rascist correlation between a Historical Book that one of my very favorite teachers shared with me before most of you were likely born, is strange to me.

Despite any possible taunts or harrassing, I have no more to say about it. I am saddened that you increasingly, are living in such an intolerant world; where presentation of information to support any contention is ridiculed first, and sharing viewpoints is now increasingly hazardous. I am sorry, it is sad to see such decline even here.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

BzaInSpace / Semisynthetic;

The reference to "The War of Northern Aggression" was a Title of a Book brought into a Gradeschool class along with other Books of Different Titles which dealt with "The War Between the States", used, as told by my early Gradeschool Teacher - that the 1st specific book, when she was still a little girl, was used to teach "The War Between the States - The Civil War"; the title of the Book we used. Any innuendo that I am in any way rascist would be a great disappointment to anyone who thought this was so. What a surprise you'd have in store. I do love History, however, and it is best to know as many views as possible; not because they are necessarily correct, but because it builds a better library in the Mind. By the way, in a Church Graveyard, started in 1833, about a mile back in the Woodlands are Graves of those of both sides, of all colors and using about every manner of naming that War upon their Gravestones; it's very clear that we are all indeed equal.
Paracelsus
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

BzaInSpace / Semisynthetic:

gentlemen please, a bit of perspective

cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

Very interesting piece on the subject:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/17/opini ... egion&_r=1
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

semisynthetic wrote:You clearly don't understand the meaning of what was meant. Think Harder.
Whatever. I pay no attention to what the BBC would advise or suggest, and to assume those in the UK are somehow brainwashed to this end is both offensive and deeply ignorant.

Hell - I don't even have a TV these days. It certainly helps with 100% less death-fear-tragedy-porn being broadcast 24 hours a day. Refreshing.

Anyway, I'm not dwelling here on this thread anymore, the outcome was as inevitable as the worldwide carnage that followed in the Coalition of The Willing's disastrous "regime change" policy of the last decade and a half: sheer madness.

PEACE.
O P 8
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

runcible wrote:I watched in horror this morning at the news reports regarding the shootings and bombings in Paris last night. I was working late last night and didn't hear about it til not long ago. Words fail me at the level of intense hatred the attackers and those behind them have. My sympathies to everyone affected by this grotesque event - so many people have been affected, from those killed to those injured to the families and friends of the victims. You have to wonder how this madness is going to pan out. A new level of evil exists in those responsible. Horrible.
Amen Runcible - It's horrible and I've heard since that they targeted these specific areas because they are so multi-cultural.
I'll try and avoid anything too political but this event is going to play right into the hands of the French right wing. Again, Daesh trying to divide people/cultures and create intolerance through brutal, bloody violence.

The immigrants are now f*cked - desperately trying to escape the devastation of there respective countries wars and pretty soon they won't have anywhere to go as the fear that they might possibly be terrorists is going to shut down all the borders. It's heartbraking. People talk on the news about the people who died in terms of numbers, statistics. No! They were beautiful, creative, fun loving people with friend and families, dreams, ideals and hopes.

After reading Sophie's World I often think about whats going on around the world from above, as in from out in space. From space this planet is a beautiful, tranquil looking blue and green ball. its incomprehensible that on that rock there is so much needless destruction of human life.
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I just found out that my mate's daughter has returned to her home in Paris to discover that 2 of her friends are critically ill in hospital as they were both shot at one of the cafes the gunmen attacked. Of course had she not visited the UK last weekend she may well have been there too. I don't mind admitting that's really freaked me out.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Insane. Best wishes to her two friends...

Best to you as well Mr Runcible...
O P 8
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

simonkeeping wrote:
After reading Sophie's World I often think about whats going on around the world from above, as in from out in space. From space this planet is a beautiful, tranquil looking blue and green ball. its incomprehensible that on that rock there is so much needless destruction of human life.
LAGWAFIS
gonna burn brightly
for a while
heisenberg
Known user

Post by heisenberg »

I'm sorry to hear about that, runcible. I can only begin to imagine how painful it must be to know someone, or know of someone caught up in the events in Paris. I felt so shaken up and couldn't sleep on Friday for thinking of it. It really hit me hard and derailed me this weekend. Again, it's the solidarity and goodness of everyday people such as taxi drivers giving people lifts away from the carnage with their meters off, or Parisians opening their doors to those fleeing from the scene with nowhere to go that makes my heart swell and offered a little light into what was otherwise unbearable.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

jack white wrote:
simonkeeping wrote:
LAGWAFIS
Perfect.
Jostein Gaardner wrote: To summarize briefly: A white rabbit is pulled out of a top hat. Because it is an extremely large rabbit, the trick takes many billions of years. All mortals are born at the very tip of the rabbit’s fine hairs, where they are in a position to wonder at the impossibility of the trick. But as they grow older they work themselves ever deeper into the fur. And there they stay. They become so comfortable they never risk crawling back up the fragile hairs again. Only philosophers embark on this perilous expedition to the outermost reaches of language and existence. Some of them fall off, but others cling on desperately and yell at the people nestling deep in the snug softness, stuffing themselves with delicious food and drink.

Ladies and gentlemen,” they yell, “we are floating in space!”

But none of the people down there care.

“What a bunch of troublemakers!” they say. And they keep on chatting: Would you pass the butter, please? How much have our stocks risen today? What is the price of tomatoes? Have you heard that Princess Di is expecting again?

When Sophie’s mother got home later that afternoon, Sophie was practically in shock. The tin containing the letters from the mysterious philosopher was safely hidden in the den. Sophie had tried to start her homework but could only sit thinking about what she had read.

She had never thought so hard before! She was no longer a child—but she wasn’t really grown up either. Sophie realized that she had already begun to crawl down into the cozy rabbit’s fur, the very same rabbit that had been pulled from the top hat of the universe. But the philosopher had stopped her. He—or was it a she?—had grabbed her by the back of the neck and pulled her up again to the tip of the fur where she had played as a child. And there, on the outermost tips of the fine hairs, she was once again seeing the world as if for the very first time.

The philosopher had rescued her. No doubt about it. The unknown letter writer had saved her from the triviality of everyday existence.

When Mom got home at five o’clock, Sophie dragged her into the living room and pushed her into an armchair.

“Mom—don’t you think it’s astonishing to be alive?” she began.

Her mother was so surprised that she didn’t answer at first. Sophie was usually doing her homework when she got home.

“I suppose I do—sometimes,” she said.

“Sometimes? Yes, but—don’t you think it’s astonishing that the world exists at all?”

“Now look, Sophie. Stop talking like that.”

“Why? Perhaps you think the world is quite normal?”

“Well, isn’t it? More or less, anyway...”
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Sadly, the problem lies in so many different places, things, people and fake democracies. Yet, we only look at just one direction, not the whole picture or even further... The lies, the glut of economics on war, that also drives terror to create all this madness.

I have had to explain to a seven year old all about what has been going on and to the point of why a woman would blow herself up because of ideology. We are not really living in a free world because our greed has driven so much hatred.

Honestly Semi... Really? Blame this government now? Roll out a huge 'shock and awe'... to just steamroll a whole country? Isn't that against humanity? or laws that the world had established after what many countries in past have just ignored? To be honest and really honest if Bush ( not because he was the one who acted alone but all his greedy side kicks ) never ever went into Iraq, all the deals that the UK and others did the the Saudis, I honestly think this world would be a brighter place with friendly negotiations and not just 'fighting the war on terror'.

I'm just really sad that my son needs to be told that both the west and extremists are bad people. When the majority of people really would like a roof over their head, a good education, safe sustenance and just fucking peace.

I really really really did not want to get involved, but after a two hour ice hockey practise and two gin and tonics I had to add my two cents.

Best,

M

PS: Hope everyone is having a nice evening.

:)

Also, sorry to hear about your friends Mark. Also, happy birthday to the S3 and FM and cat...
Design.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Paris attacks

Post by BzaInSpace »

Respect Mark, and much love.

I'm dreading that conversation with my children.
O P 8
MODLAB
Site Admin

Paris attacks

Post by MODLAB »

BzaInSpace wrote:Respect Mark, and much love.

I'm dreading that conversation with my children.

Thank you sir! It's not fun mate. Likewise B. Looking forward to the next Brudenell gig. :)
Design.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

MODLAB wrote:Sadly, the problem lies in so many different places, things, people and fake democracies. Yet, we only look at just one direction, not the whole picture or even further... The lies, the glut of economics on war, that also drives terror to create all this madness.

I have had to explain to a seven year old all about what has been going on and to the point of why a woman would blow herself up because of ideology.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Her ideology is not related to greed. ISIS teaches 7 year old boys how to relieve an unworthy person of their head; the boy gets a new knife, a mission for being, and a stylish neckerchief ofthe ISIS flag.

The idea of a Caliphate is not to take other people's land so a Profitable Theme Park can be built. Imagine another 3 Tonics,
make it 4, and approach Roqqa with a white flag and the best of intentions to discuss "The New Live and Let Live Idea".
What would happen?

Personally, I would love to live such an Idealized Peaceful World; no doubt sane individuals have since deep in Prehistory. Yet it has never been the case for very long anywhere there are people; someone will demand you think as they do.

I never blamed the US Government; I do believe the leadership has been negligent beyond belief. In fact, some of the most learned and brave members of the US Government, many retired, have been trying to point out what could be done to keep as many young women from blowing themselves up along with as many others as possible. ISIS is at war with Civilization; it is not about greed, but Totalitarian Theocratic Control. C4 is cheap; any monies they collect are simply to keep the war going. Greed doesn't enter into it. Until we acknowledge that ISIS is at war with Civilization, we just fool ourselves a little longer.

I most sincerely wish this was not so; I want to live in that Idealized Peace-Filled World. I abhor war. The waste, not just in human life, but Time wasted and treasure that could help propel us into the a future unlike we have ever seen. But it has been going on for many years already; strange that when Peshmerga are murdered with Chlorine gas, no one thought of it much. Paris and innocents may be something we understand better. Like it or not, and I don't; just as the French are at war
with ISIS, so are we, most people just don't know it yet; I am concerned what it will take to make the obvious clear and not to
allow them to gain even more. Just last night, during a Turkish - German Soccer game, thousands booed and made a racket during a few moments of Silence for those killed in Paris. The statistics of how those in the area believe are chilling.

I am glad there can be something closer to civil Discussion instead of name calling; I am glad you shared your opinion; I want very much essentially what you do; but sadly, I don't think it will linger in limbo much longer. It is a shame.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I really really really did not want to get involved, but after a two hour ice hockey practise and two gin and tonics I had to add my two cents.
Best,
M

PS: Hope everyone is having a nice evening.
(PPS: as do I; a very nice evening. Semi).

:)

Also, sorry to hear about your friends Mark. Also, happy birthday to the S3 and FM and cat...
Last edited by semisynthetic on Wed Dec 02, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hey Semi.

It was a horrifying and emotive weekend for all. This thread stands as testamount to that stuff. It's probably expected.

However, I had no intention of labelling you a racist. I had no wish to do that and ought to have considered my words more carefully.

I had to spit out my weak lemon drink when you suddenly threw in the Northern Aggression quote - it was a true WTF? moment. I didn't respond at the time for various reasons - mainly I had no urge to enter into another "impassioned debate".

It also wasn't that recent so I should have just left it with regards to this current thread.

I've mentioned this before in probably an even clumsier manner, but I read and post here because it's an escape from a lot of the other stuff that goes on in life. I mean this is the ultimate distraction, but it's ace: I can talk bullshit and reel off endlessly about I music I love.

Life is literally too short - curiousity got the better of me and I read some transcripts from survivors of the Bataclan - just too damn horrifying.

I'm gonna try and just focus on the music.

Can we at least just agree to disagree on certain things, we can discuss it freely enough so hey, gotta love democracy.

Read Jack White's posts. Nails it.

Glad everybodys family and friends on here at least are OK...
O P 8
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Paris attacked

Post by semisynthetic »

Sure I agree to disagree; it is more common for me to share what I think, and I read what EVERYONE writes; I like to share thoughts, (and back them up), to explain why I think in that way. But the use of innuendo of rascism was unfair, I thought. Perhaps it was the somewhat suggestive wording. But if it was somehow simply a misunderstanding, it is gone.

Ironically, (2) Freedom of information acts were released today, the first concerned General Micheal Flynn, who described his frustration with a Whitehouse who "didn't want to know, it didn't fit the narrative"; the same thing I have heard and read scores of times from those in the know. The second, is from a fellow who was head of the DIA in 2012; it was a conference, where Brennan gave the keynote speech, relates the ~700 original ISIS members have increased 4400% by 2012, and urged, as did Flynn, that the President stop them, for they presented a World Wide threat; I'm not certain if it was released as a video, audio or transcription; but since these are the very same old thing, I share them here, and then let it go. It will be clear enough, so I need add no more.

(At foia.cia.gov) 2500 pages of (mainly) complete documents.
You will all know better than I to simply type in their names and dates, instead of wading through 2500 pages!

I have had enough of this also, BZA; I am getting some great singles together to Post, something I really enjoy; and I think other people do too. Great recordings from "The Man in Portugal"; but from months ago, and I'm behind.
Last edited by semisynthetic on Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I thought some common sense had broken out in this thread but once again Semi you head straight for the political angle. I guess you simply can't help yourself. Others have written with some passion about their despair and horror at this awful series of incidents - some really well set out posts, full of emotion, which are worth re-reading. I find your continued point scoring very disappointing - to the point I'm out of this thread as you've sullied it as far as I am concerned. It seems proving a political point is more important than what took place in Paris.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

THIS ENTIRE EVENT IS ENGULFED IN POLITICS! Why ignore that? The "Freedom of Information Act" reports released earlier today was a mention I had intended to make; it was a terrible event. Would it not be in some way even worse if it could have been an event avoided? Isn't that prospect one that should disgust a thinking person, especially when YEARS of consistent information support at least the possibility?

I WAS finished with it; I closed with the latest of the "same old thing" that has been reported, or often, withheld, hence the FOIA. To agree to disagree does not involve groveling by any party. Certainly not in my world. Why not just write out, word for word, what is acceptable to you? If how I ended this is "unacceptable", you're too late, I am finished with it. I can agree to disagree, you seem to want to continue. Not I.

There are many things I don't particularly enjoy reading; and a few topics I don't enjoy; and when rarely, Posts offend me in some way, I look past it, not bothering to read it again, and I move on. I would never expect anyone else to follow every method or approach as I do; what a very dull world that would be - it seems to be a very "selective" one as it is. There are some very terrible things written on this SITE from time to time, thank goodness they are rare, yet they pass by as if invisible. Very Strange.

Addendum: The result of specific Classified Comments, Documents and Information gained from the long awaited "Freedom Of Information Act"; these comments, and the information given to the current US President over several YEARS regarding the continued growth of ISIS and the threats posed to Europe, the Middle East and the USA, a full investigation has been opened. Information given by General Michael Flynn, & Mr. Brennan will consider their counsel as DIA Directors to the President, (essentially ignored by him), are now being looked at for the who, what, why & when of such obviously important information, once again "not meeting the desired narrative" so close to an election, (or the end of his term).
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

FM Spaceman wrote:The Blue Marble ( Earth Seen By Apollo 17 In 1972 ) ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Blue_Marble

xx xx ...
This is one of my Favorite photos; Next is the Earthrise photo. Beautiful Choices; thanks for sharing them.
Paracelsus