job hunting

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

The Dr
Known user

job hunting

Post by The Dr »

i'm soon having to leave my job after being bullied to the point where my health become terrible and am looking for another relatively menial job to do whilst trying to sort out further education. it means i need to look into the economics of job hunting (rent etc) and so forth. ugh it is all so daugnting!

where to begin!?
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: job hunting

Post by BzaInSpace »

What the hell?

Can you complain? Does your work have an HR dept or anything?

That's seriously horrible and I'm sorry to read this but if you can try and take this further.

Fuck those scumbags that are behind this by the way...
O P 8
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Sorry to hear that man, that sounds terrible, bunch a b#stards!!

Can`t even begin to imagine how that would feel, hope everything works out for you, I`m sure in the end it will,but your probably better out of that environment,
Good luck.
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I am feeling I'll soon have to move on from my current position, sorry to hear you're being made feel that way in yours.

Everyone at my work seems very pleasant and so I don't want to cause any trouble for them, but some are so poor at their own work that it makes my job very difficult and thus my weeks can be incredibly stressful. I suppose in some places you just need to watch your own back, and maybe I don't do it. Also, some of the work I do contrasts with my morals, but that is normal for most people unfortunately. Work is work is work.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

well, essentially hr isn't an option. my freind went to them when she was being sexually harrassed, lost her job, went to a solicitor, proved it happened and got a settlement and the manager still works for them!

basically i was getting bullied by members of staff including the duty manger (from june 2014)- i went to my manager to resolve it- he did not. i had a break down and went into thearapy then got told i had to be discaplined for being sick and they stopped paying me sick leave- i was working 4 days and the 5th was sick pay. i went to the meeting with a letter from my doctor stating what had happened and read a statement. was asked what i wanted to happen (by a massive arrogant prick) i said all i care about is my health so transfer me- and clean my record as they were to blame. this they did and my new manager was a prick (told me i'd be suspended ;cos i turned up for work and the manager in charge didn't so i wnet back home after an hour- three miles each way- and then didn't go back hours later when he turned up, i had a panic attack- swore at him sat in the staff room under a counter beating my head against a radiator and was sent home. went to my thearpist who said to be signed off- was signed off last week for three weeks and now they keep trying to get me to go to meetings to discuss my sickness (when i got the letter i had a panic attack)- even though i am signed off by my doctor. i'm using the time to find out my economic situation (housing whilst i find a new job) and further education and work for the time being. i really, really, really hate these people.

i'm going to leave as soon as i know where i stand economically which will be soon

semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I'm very sorry to read this. You must have records of these scumbags that show up in what your Dr. has to say, why not refer it to the same Solicitor that beat them in court before with the young lady who was hassled? If he took the case on a percentage basis, or maybe even pro bono, unlikely, but I have known attorneys here in the USA that had been so pissed off by such lowlifes that they would take a case & try to get the bereaved party something; it's often cheaper to settle out of court than continue.

No matter what, even though it will be challenging, you'll be away from these pitiful subhumans. Hang in there; it will get better in time. It is shameful how unkind so many, too many, people are. There is always Kharma. I believe in it; and I hope you are OK.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

Wtf? You work with teenagers? So sorry :(
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Sounds like a nightmare - I hope you get some satisfaction in this. Good luck!
NightWash
Site Admin

Post by NightWash »

So i really can't give you an answer where to start directly, but sometimes a change of your view might help to get the right idea. Take a look at http://freakonomics.com - i like the questions they ask and the answers they give. There are some episodes that might help you. I cross my fingers for your future.
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

hey, thanks for the messages

i was signed off sick until 27th april, when my employment will end, however i have not been paid. i have just writen to head office to ask why i have not been paid. also i have sent a letter and documents suporting my story to peter kyle (mp)

i hate these people. i want to leave it all behind and get on with my life but they are making it impossible

i hate them
Last edited by The Dr on Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Hate NOT; this will hurt You much more than it will those people; & since Dueling is out of fashion and illegal, I'd suggest, as strongly as I can, to concentrate on the Future. I have never left a job I did not like that a better, and more enjoyable job did not take its place; but I would implore you to avoid Hate; it will eat at you while those who cause you to feel the Hate are left immune from it. You only need to move on without hurting yourself, which can happen. It WILL get better if you focus in a Positive way at just getting there; if a bump or two are in the way, get o'er them, and focus on the New Job. I've had some bizarre jobs, and worked at something since I was a kid; it always got better if energy is Positive and focused on what is to come, not what drove you away.

Hate takes needed energy away from accomplishment, and is wasted on what will hurt you instead of improving the situation. I KNOW it is a terrible feeling to have been wronged; but it happens, so either give in and give up, or concentrate on what needs doing and get to a better place.
Good Luck to You!
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
The Dr
Known user

Post by The Dr »

yes, you are right. in the long term, as my doctor said, i will go on to do great things and they'll be stuck there with who they are. either they'll pay me or they won't. i doesn't matte rin the grand scheme of things. i wrote to my mp as i do not think this behviour should be tollerated but i am not going to have any active part in anything to do with it. i remember reading about people on here losing their jobs/being forced to quit and it all seemed to work out well for them so onwards and upwards!

i apolosigse for swearing, i'll remove it