For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

The Dr
Known user

RIP carrie fisher

Post by The Dr »

there has been a great disturbance in the force :(
“You're not Dostoevsky,' said the citizeness

'Well, who knows, who knows,' he replied.

'Dostoevsky's dead,' said the citizeness, but somehow not very confidently.

'I protest!' Behemoth exclaimed hotly. 'Dostoevsky is immortal!”
runcible
Site Admin

Re: RIP carrie fisher

Post by runcible »

I knew she had some health issues of late but this is pretty sad. Talk about an icon of a generation - the 70's was my teen era so I remember the adulation well. RIP Carrie...
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I remember going to the very 1st Star Wars Film; taking my little brother and sister. Afterwards, in the car, they were still filled with excitement over the film, and as I drove them home, mentioned, "we are entering one of the most dangerous places in the known universe; the Parking Lot".

This was yet another year's shock; she was much too young. It is a great loss, and a sad day; I wish her family well.
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

Very sad. I didn't realise she was only 60 though. When she was on QI a few years ago she looked and sounded old, and didn't really contribute much, except a few chat show-type anecdotes about her mother.

Such a contrast to the original Star Wars film, where George Lucas really captured her looking both beautiful and feisty! I guess she looked mighty fine in the next two films as well, but Lucas's ability to craft a good story really nose-dived.

Didn't they make a film out of her book, Postcards From The Edge? If so is it worth watching?
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

mojo filters wrote:Didn't they make a film out of her book, Postcards From The Edge? If so is it worth watching?
It's worth a look. Pretty open and uncomfortable at times...