Making posters

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, spzretent, BzaInSpace, MODLAB, NightWash

Post Reply
heisenberg
Known user
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Making posters

Post by heisenberg » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:11 pm

Does anyone here have posters custom made? If so, which companies do you use? I'm looking to get some 24" x 36" posters made up from jpegs. Ideally in the UK. Any advice?

Thanks.

spacemanrich
Known user
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: s.f.

Re: Making posters

Post by spacemanrich » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:40 pm

Print Shop.

MODLAB
Site Admin
Posts: 2274
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 pm
Location: Stuck in a spacetime interval.
Contact:

Re: Making posters

Post by MODLAB » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:13 pm

I can help you. Drop me a PM.


M
Design.

heisenberg
Known user
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Making posters

Post by heisenberg » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Hi everyone.

I'm looking to make a 24" x 36" poster of the Pure Phase image of Jason (in spacesuit) and Kate walking down the street together. MODLAB has kindly offered to help, but I need a large as possible version of the picture that I can find. Does anyone here have a high-quality image of the picture or able to take a high quality photo of the image for me. Ideally I'd have the image free from text.

Thanks!

spacemanrich
Known user
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: s.f.

Re: Making posters

Post by spacemanrich » Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:22 am

I've seen that photo, in fact I was thinking about making a t-shirt out of it. The .jpeg images on Google/Bing are poor. The resolution is NOT there certainly for you to make a 24x36 poster with good resolution. 2 ft. x 3 ft. is a lot to ask. I have the Japanese version of PurePhase with that image on the front cover of the album and the best scanners won't be able to give you good quality. Sorry.

heisenberg
Known user
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Making posters

Post by heisenberg » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:51 pm

Modlab has said I'll need a 12 megapixel camera to take a picture with 3600 x 5400 pixels as a minimum to make it work. If anyone out here in Spiritualized message board can help me out in any way I'd be much obliged. Thanks!

spacemanrich
Known user
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: s.f.

Re: Making posters

Post by spacemanrich » Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:16 pm

So, basically what your saying is to take a photo of a photo to give you a good image ? I don't know about that ...

MODLAB
Site Admin
Posts: 2274
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 pm
Location: Stuck in a spacetime interval.
Contact:

Re: Making posters

Post by MODLAB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:38 pm

Spacemanrich.

You can do it these days with great algorithms and photoshop.


I tell people how I want images to look like and we do it from nothing at times.

Mark.
Design.

TheWarmth
Known user
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Making posters

Post by TheWarmth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:05 pm

I have a poster with this image on it. It's framed, though. Not sure if that would be helpful.

MODLAB
Site Admin
Posts: 2274
Joined: Fri May 19, 2006 6:52 pm
Location: Stuck in a spacetime interval.
Contact:

Re: Making posters

Post by MODLAB » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Paul!


That's great! as long as you could take out the poster and get a 'proper' photograph or scan of it.

I know due to copyrights etc... It's a toss up. As long as it would be not for monetary repro, it should be fine.


Mark
Design.

TheWarmth
Known user
Posts: 3809
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: Chicago, IL
Contact:

Re: Making posters

Post by TheWarmth » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:42 pm

I'll take a look at it and get back to you. If I can get it out of the frame without destroying the frame, then I'll do it.

mc
Known user
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Re: Making posters

Post by mc » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:25 pm

Sounds like a cool project. Alas, I've got a full frame DSLR that'd do the job nicely, but not the image - I only have the "Spiritualized Electric Mainline" logo edition of PP... :?

heisenberg
Known user
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Making posters

Post by heisenberg » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 am

mc wrote:Sounds like a cool project. Alas, I've got a full frame DSLR that'd do the job nicely, but not the image - I only have the "Spiritualized Electric Mainline" logo edition of PP... :?
mc, so if you were to have a copy of the album sleeve you might be able to help?

mc
Known user
Posts: 867
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

Re: Making posters

Post by mc » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:41 pm

heisenberg wrote:
mc wrote:Sounds like a cool project. Alas, I've got a full frame DSLR that'd do the job nicely, but not the image - I only have the "Spiritualized Electric Mainline" logo edition of PP... :?
mc, so if you were to have a copy of the album sleeve you might be able to help?
Yeah, I should be able to - my DSLR (Canon 6D, camera geeks) has a maximum resolution of 5472x3648 (20 MP), so as long as I can get the cover evenly lit I'll hopefully be able to get a good enough shot for your needs. I'll keep an eye out in 2nd hand shops and see if I can find that version of PP...

edit: although the small size of the cover might make taking a photo tricky - I'm off to take a photo of an album sleeve now to see how well it performs...

edit 2: damn, camera batteries need recharged and I'm off out for the night in half-an-hour. Will look into it tomorrow or Sun!

heisenberg
Known user
Posts: 257
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Making posters

Post by heisenberg » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:29 pm

mc wrote:
heisenberg wrote:
mc wrote:Sounds like a cool project. Alas, I've got a full frame DSLR that'd do the job nicely, but not the image - I only have the "Spiritualized Electric Mainline" logo edition of PP... :?
mc, so if you were to have a copy of the album sleeve you might be able to help?
Yeah, I should be able to - my DSLR (Canon 6D, camera geeks) has a maximum resolution of 5472x3648 (20 MP), so as long as I can get the cover evenly lit I'll hopefully be able to get a good enough shot for your needs. I'll keep an eye out in 2nd hand shops and see if I can find that version of PP...

edit: although the small size of the cover might make taking a photo tricky - I'm off to take a photo of an album sleeve now to see how well it performs...

edit 2: damn, camera batteries need recharged and I'm off out for the night in half-an-hour. Will look into it tomorrow or Sun!
Thank you mc I really appreciate it. I'm willing to cover the costs of the cd. I've got four copies of the album already so I don't mind buying another!

FM Spaceman
Known user
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:13 pm

Re: Making posters

Post by FM Spaceman » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:07 pm

A Distant Memory From 12 Years Ago ...

Nathan Barley / Episode 3 / 25 February 2005 ...

22m40s - 24m25s ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJcInyZbLz0

SPIRITUALIZED ELECTRIC MAINLINE ! ...

:)

Nathan Barley ? ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nathan_Barley

xx xx ...

spacemanrich
Known user
Posts: 1070
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am
Location: s.f.

Re: Making posters

Post by spacemanrich » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:58 pm

SPZ_other medications4x4.jpg
SPZ_other medications4x4.jpg (23.28 KiB) Viewed 1497 times
Made a nice poster (13 in. x 13 in.) out of the SPZ - Other Medications album of cover songs. The whole thing probably cost $10 dollars or so. IKEA picture frame $8.00. Printing $2.00. Great design too !

Post Reply