Leeds/Manchester

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Leeds/Manchester

Post by spzretent »

Just got back from Leeds & Manchester.
Leeds was more on the chilled out side w/Mr. & Mrs. Runcible and family.
Sunday was a belter. Brudenell Beer Festival, Man City vs Liverpool on the TV, and those tasty Pieminister pies. All under one roof. And super reasonable prices.
Stumbled into a record fair at Leeds Market when we went in to buy some prawns for Saturday supper.
Found some deals. Original Faces- A Nod.... LP, Graham Nash- Songs For Beginners orig plum label LP, Roxy Music- Country Life Island pink rim Lp, Stephen Stills 2 UK LP, The Yes Album from Brazil w/a diff cover, Best Of Leonard Cohen UK LP, A Ted Hawkins LP and New Musik- From A To B LP. All for 45 quid. Not bad. For the life of me I cant understand dealers trying to sell records all beat up for anything more than a pound. But I saw some 20 quid records that looked unplayable.
Also had Thai food with BVCP206 and his lovely wife and did a slow pub crawl including The Domino Club, a speakeasy behind a barber shop.
Manchester was pretty much all about beer.
Had some amazing beers.
Cloudwater, Black Jack, Track, and absolutely loved Café Beermoth. Bought a bottle of Logsdon Farms Peche N Brett that I cant find here at any price. Expensive but worth it. Also had a bottle of Cantillon Kriek which was also tasty. Stuck mainly to cask ales as we don't get those here very much. Also Piccadilly Tap and a few more pubs/bars I cant remember the names of.
High marks to Black Jack, Cloudwater and Café Beermoth.
Topped off by getting a pair of tickets to Manchester City vs. Newcastle. Sat in the section right next to the Newcastle fans for the optimal football experience. The Sergio Aguero hat trick also helped.
Great to visit.
Nice be back home.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)