Copenhagen Recommendations?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

TheWarmth
Known user

Copenhagen Recommendations?

Post by TheWarmth »

My girlfriend and I are organizing a trip to the UK and Europe. We're flying into London on March 7th and will only be in the UK for a few days. We were supposed to fly to Italy and spend the majority of our time there, but canceled that portion due to the coronavirus. So, we're now headed to Copenhagen on March 10 and are flying back to Chicago on the 16th. As such, I'm looking for suggestions for Copenhagen. Food, museums, guitar shops, record shops, etc. Let me know!
RoboHobo
Known user

Re: Copenhagen Recommendations?

Post by RoboHobo »

I love Copenhagen.

Here are a few suggestions.

Maybe go to Tivoli Gardens - https://www.tivoli.dk/en/. This is a Copenhagen institution and certainly worth a look. It is basically an amusement park but there are other things to see too and I thought it was nice just to walk around. There's a fairly cheap entry price and you pay extra for rides. It's a bit like a Danish Coney Island, in the middle of Copenhagen.

If weather allows, you should absolutely hire a bike and ride around as much as you can. The wide blue cycle lanes are amazing.

Definitely go to Louisiana Museum of Modern Art - https://www.louisiana.dk/en/visit-louisiana . It's a bit out of the city (30 minute train ride I think) but well worth the trip. The art is good, especially if you like Giacometti, but the place itself is lovely.

Everything is expensive, especially food and booze.(you probably already know that) but if budget allows then Sticks n Sushi is a treat. A fusion of Scandi and Japanese cuisine. Warning, you can get carried away with the dishes. I ate too much and spent too much, but had a brilliant time.

The Bang and Olufson shop is a good shout. I went in a drooled at all the gear.

Have a lookout for pølsevogns (sausage wagons). Good for food on the go.

A walk around the Nyhavn port area is lovely with all the colourful buildings. Lot's of restaurants and they are aimed at tourists but the food is generally good. It is here you can get a takeaway beer and walk around drinking it and not look out of place. This is a novelty to me.

Illums Bolighus is a furniture and home furnishing place. Not really my thing (my wife likes it) but go in to see what a chair that costs more than a car looks like.

Go see The Little Mermaid. You can't go to Copenhagen and not see it. The walk there along the waterside is pretty nice.

It really it a brilliant city and everyone is lovely and very cool.

Hope that helps and hope you have an awesome time. You will.