Biden

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Biden

Post by spzretent »

I cannot describe to you how emotional today is.
After 4 years, which seemed liked 40 years, we have rectified a terrible mistake.
A huge exhale.
However, 70 million people still voted for Trump. For the life of me I have no idea why. This is something this country is going to have to deal with.
It is ironic that those people whom the republicans tried their hardest to suppress their vote, the African American community, brought this vote home.
Milwaukee, Detroit, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Atlanta and more. Waiting in long lines to vote they were not deterred. Thank you.
Trumps year long misinformation campaign about fraudulent mail in voting came back to bite him on the ass too. Most of those late mail in votes broke "bigly" for Biden. Kind of like the cherry on top.
We also have an African American-Indian female Vice President. Another huge bonus.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Biden

Post by runcible »

I think the majority of the UK is mightily relieved too. I know I am. The idea of 4 more years of that tyrant was horrific. This is one of the very few positives of 2020...

I rather enjoyed how the BBC captured the mood by including this somewhat direct placard in their coverage yesterday.
Attachments
biden.jpg
biden.jpg (22.46 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Absolutely delighted for you. And for all of us.

Tips on getting through four more years of this sort of thing much appreciated for us in the UK.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

2020 has been all bad news. I'm treating Biden's election as 2021 news in the hope he also wins the two seats he needs for the Senate. Hopefully that Tangerine Fatberg of Disappointment will get arrested pretty quickly in 2021 too.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

yesterday was just so joyous and full of sweet relief. we have so much work to keep doing here, but now we can move ahead without that abhorrent leaden weight on our shoulders. i just hope we make it OK to january...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I have been watching loads of coverage the past few days.
Pundits much smarter than I have been saying that the spontaneous celebrations that occurred Saturday and went on into Sunday only happen when an autocrat is overthrown. It really was like a nation wide block party.
Never in a million years would I have ever expected to experience this but it does feel like more than half of the US has been held captive these past 4 years with the relentless terrible policies and behavior of the orange menace. Also the exhaustion of it all. Not only do we have a new administration coming but this has managed to silence this prick for 4 days. Feels like a whole new world.
Ro is 100% correct. It feels like this giant weight has been lifted.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Yes! Michigan. Certified Biden's win.
Never in my life did I realize the importance of four State Board Of Canvassers.
A corrupt president. Two corrupt state politicians. Couldn't stop the truth.
Exhale.