OK, Who Has COVID?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

toomilk
Known user

OK, Who Has COVID?

Post by toomilk »

Has anyone else here had COVID?

I'm currently going through it. Two weeks ago I took the day off from working from home and went up to my girlfriend's work for her birthday, where we were both exposed to one of her coworkers who had a false negative the previous day. Fucking incredible why someone would have COVID symptoms would come into work immediately following a negative result (though it probably says more about the state of this nation that people with COVID are forced to work because if they don't, then they won't be able to provide for their family). My girlfriend tested positive in the middle of last week. I felt fine and tested negative, but after isolating for several days I felt it coming on despite another negative result.

I would describe my symptoms as pretty mild compared to stories I've heard from other folks. I still feel fucking horrible, like this is the worst flu I've ever had. I have chills radiating through my body and my limbs feel like they weigh a thousand pounds each. It's not fun, but it could be worse.

What is really disappointing is how careful we've been since March. We went to an outdoor bar once in May for about 10 minutes and that's about it. I've been screamed at several times by pieces of shit for wearing a mask. I've been told to "go back to California" by a white kid - on twice stolen land mind you. Then I have it before anyone else just because of someone decision to go against the rules. It makes me really think about how delicate and serious this virus is. We barely interacted with the person who had it and even though they were wearing a mask several people still got it. I'm lucky that I'm still [relatively] young, but if I was more at risk this would be a really serious situation.

Anyways, that's me venting. Hope others who have had it are also mild cases. <3
NightWash
Site Admin

Re: OK, Who Has COVID?

Post by NightWash »

Well, still not sure if we really had it but beginning of the year (before the whole seriousness of the virus was obvious) my family and me had almost all symptoms of covid (very high fever, no taste, soar throat etc). Sadly those antibody tests are not easily available and since it is based on a blood test doctors are also trying to avoid conducting them especially during the current peak. So I can't really say 100%.

What I am expecting afterwards is a really strange behavior with my bloodstream - I am almost out of breath immediately. But this maybe also the issue that I am sitting in Homeoffice since march with almost no exercise.

Wish you all the best and get well soon. And even when you feel fine again, start it slowly. That one is really serious.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

scary stuff. i’m so sorry.

i haven’t had it. what i do have is a chronic illness worsened by exertion. i got this after a flu in 2002. i pushed through and three years ago became bedbound. past year and a half has been better: am merely housebound now.

my point:
if you find yourself a COVID “long hauler” (Nightwash, sounds like you’ve got residual Sx, i’m sorry), P L E A S E do NOT push through.

please find a balance between gentle exercise and deconditioning. please look up #StopRestPace. “post-exertional malaise” is that feeling you’ve been hit by a truck after (sometimes up to three days after) any given exertion. it’s that thousand pound (as in weight), gravity pulling from below feeling. it has molecular similarities to the dauer state of hibernating animals. it’s a cardinal symptom in myalgic encephalomyelitis, gulf war syndrome, and now long covid.

i know it feels counterintuitive, but please be careful, don’t push yourself even though it always worked before. this is different.
Dreamweapon
Known user

Post by Dreamweapon »

Really sorry to hear how some people are doing.

Sending you ALL best wishes for a recovery and hope you are feeling better soon