The Saturday Nights

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

TheWarmth
Known user

The Saturday Nights

Post by TheWarmth »

Just wanted to let everyone know that my band, The Saturday Nights, is playing at The Bottom Lounge in Chicago this Friday (Jan. 16th). Not sure how many Chicagoans post here, but I figure I might as well give it a shot. If you need directions to the venue, just let me know.

If anyone else is interested, check out http://www.thesaturdaynights.com for free mp3 downloads. I definitely think our stuff appeals to Spz fans. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Thanks!

ps: Since I post regularly on this board, my understanding is that it's cool for me to post this info ... I hope I'm correct.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

Don't worry about it, Warmth. You've been around for a long time and as I said in the rules posts I have no problem with established members advertising their groups. It's simply people who, with their first and only post, often in three or four different forums, provide links to their tiresome basement demos that got on my tits. I'm not bothered by a little musical comeraderie by contributing members.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

twentysixdollars wrote:Don't worry about it, Warmth. You've been around for a long time and as I said in the rules posts I have no problem with established members advertising their groups. It's simply people who, with their first and only post, often in three or four different forums, provide links to their tiresome basement demos that got on my tits. I'm not bothered by a little musical comeraderie by contributing members.
Cool - sounds good. I know you play a bit (I think I asked you a while ago). If you have a chance, check out the mp3s and let me know what you think.
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: The Saturday Nights

Post by spzretent »

TheWarmth wrote:Just wanted to let everyone know that my band, The Saturday Nights, is playing at The Bottom Lounge in Chicago this Friday (Jan. 16th). Not sure how many Chicagoans post here, but I figure I might as well give it a shot. If you need directions to the venue, just let me know.

If anyone else is interested, check out http://www.thesaturdaynights.com for free mp3 downloads. I definitely think our stuff appeals to Spz fans. Feel free to email me if you have any questions. Thanks!

ps: Since I post regularly on this board, my understanding is that it's cool for me to post this info ... I hope I'm correct.
Hey! Spzretent here. Check your private messages.
twentysixdollars
Known user

Post by twentysixdollars »

I'm not sure what spzretent mailed you about but I should say that before I make any hard and fast statements about what's allowed and what isn't that I don't actually moderate the Other forum: Spzretent and Stevie do. So they're entitled to treat band posts as they see fit. I don't think they'd have a problem with posts like these though as I'm of the mind that established members can bend the rules if they like, at least to the extent that we'll let them. :)

It's been a busy week; I'll try to give the Nights a listen and give you my feedback.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

[quote="twentysixdollars"]I'm not sure what spzretent mailed you about quote]

Dont worry it was nice.