Last five albums/lp's you bought?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

nghst
Known user

Re: Last five albums/lp's you bought?

Post by nghst »

I'm just getting into Spacemen 3. I downloaded these songs from iTunes.

Come Down Easy (Demo Version)
Feel So Good
Take Me to the Other Side (Demo Version)
Come Down Softly to My Soul
May The Circle Be Unbroken
Just to See You Smile (Orchestral Mix)
I Love You
When Tomorrow Hits
Hypnotized
2.35 (Version 1)
Losing Touch With My Mind
Amen
Things'll Never Be The Same
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I haven't received a shipment confirmation for The Heads' Relaxing vinyl reissue, so I'm assuming they have not gone out yet.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Just got the Eat Lights Become Lights- Autopia vinyl yesterday and am loving every minute of it.
While Neil and I dont see eye to eye on certain things this LP is fantastic. Once again, credit where credit is due.
Not easy to find over here.
Link Wray- Three Track Shack CD
Screaming Trees- Dust 180 gram Lp
Mercury Rev- Boces 180 gram LP
Nilsson- The Point Lp
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

spzretent wrote:Just got the Eat Lights Become Lights- Autopia vinyl yesterday and am loving every minute of it.
What label is that on? Great Pop Supplement?
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

TheWarmth wrote:I haven't received a shipment confirmation for The Heads' Relaxing vinyl reissue, so I'm assuming they have not gone out yet.
Got an e-mail from my local record store today saying that the release had been put back to mid-April due to problems with the download codes.
runcible wrote:
spzretent wrote:Just got the Eat Lights Become Lights- Autopia vinyl yesterday and am loving every minute of it.
What label is that on? Great Pop Supplement?
Autopia was released on Enraptured Records but I believe they are now signed to Rocket Recordings with a new album due later in the year. From what I've read on Neil's FB page, I think the Great Pop Supplement may be handling the vinyl editions of said album.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

The Allman Brothers Band - s/t (1969) Atco Records (original issue LP).

A lot of people might not realize this but before the Fillmore East/'Eat A Peach' LP's and the success of 'Ramblin' Man' as a single the first two Allman Brothers albums actually didn't sell very well. The second only slightly selling better than the first album. Once the band "made it" from constant touring and FM radio picking up on them - Atco then decided to reissue the first two albums as a double LP "2fer" called 'Beginnings'.

The original issue 1st LP isn't necessarily rare but it also isn't something you find everyday. In fact, I can't remember the last time I did see this LP. So, I jumped on it for $10.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

The Sound- From The Lions Mouth
The Mars Volta- Noctourniquet
Broadcast & The Focus Group- Witch Cults..
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

spzretent wrote:I just ordered Dust and get this...Mercury Rev- Boces was given the 180 gram vinyl reissue treatment.
I ordered them both. Hopefully they did as good a job on these LPs as they did on Sweet Oblivion.
Finally a vinyl reissue company that nails the vinyl reissue.
Screaming Tress- Dust 5 out of 5 from me.
Mercury Rev- Boces is a 6 out of 5. Amazing job. Clean, crisp, not dull and they use virgin 180 gram vinyl.
I will be certainly paying attention to what Music On Vinyl release.
Plain should be ashamed of themsleves. 4 Men With Beards also.
Music On Vinyl proves it CAN be done.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

Was at a flea market over St. Patty's Day and came across a vinyl collector. Obtained these with both vinyl and sleeves in near mint condition:

Led Zeppelin II
Led Zeppelin IV
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Led Zeppelin - In Through the Out Door
Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Rolling Stones - Their Satanic Majesties Request
Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
The Edward - Jammin with Edward!
Mott the Hoople Live
Prince - Purple Rain

This guy travels the Midwest buying private vinyl collections and is quite finicky about quality. Got his business card and will definitely be seeing him again 8)
I think I feel it coming on
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

spzretent wrote:Finally a vinyl reissue company that nails the vinyl reissue.

Music On Vinyl proves it CAN be done.
This kinda brings me back to the vinyl reissues thread I'd started over in the Music section. I really didn't realise the huge differences in sound quality with these things. I guess I naively believed that the reason behind most reissues was based on the improvement in sound technology and not on the various companies just cashing in. This is why I'm not sure on whether I should be focusing my new found love of record collecting on obtaining the rarer/more expensive original versions or trying to go for the higher quality reissues.

Looking at Music On Vinyl on Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/label/Music+On+Vinyl), I noticed they've also released such gems as Primal Scream's Vanishing Point & XTRMTR, TFC's Bandwagonesque, Slowdive's Souvlaki & Just For A Day and the Mark Lanegan's Band's Bubblegum amongst others.

I always find it a massive help when people point out on the forum when they've had good or bad experiences with reissues. I mean, I was really looking forward to getting hold of those Spectrum reissues only to find out in the Spacemen 3 section that these should be overlooked in favour of the ones hopefully to released by SpaceAge. I also noticed on the upcoming pre-order section on my local record store's website that the first 2 Interpol albums are to be reissued too which I would be interested in as well.

God, it seems like a bloody minefield out there sometimes with these things! :?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

That is why I posted what I did. There is nothing worse than plunking down a hard earned $25 to $30 for an Lp only to find it worse than the CD. I had quite a night here last night listeing to the following reissues:
Screaming Trees- Dust
Mercury Rev- Boces
Marvin Gaye- Whats Going On
Velvet Undeground/Nico
Curtis Mayfield- Superfly OST on Rhino
The Velvets reissue was terrible. I know there are several out there. This was from that "Back To Back" 60th Anniversary of vinyl series. These reissues come in a heavy plastic sleeve with a grey sticker somewhere on the outer sleeve.
All high end and hissy. Unlistenable.
All the rest were great. What really sound incredible is the Marvin Gaye LP. I am not sure who reissued it. Not Mobile Fidelity. I know that.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Shinesalight wrote:
Looking at Music On Vinyl on Discogs (http://www.discogs.com/label/Music+On+Vinyl), I noticed they've also released such gems as Primal Scream's Vanishing Point & XTRMTR, TFC's Bandwagonesque, Slowdive's Souvlaki & Just For A Day and the Mark Lanegan's Band's Bubblegum amongst others.
Music On Vinyl also released the amazing Evil Heat last year along with Vanishing Point and XTRMNTR, could only really afford one of them and it had to be Evil Heat for me. Didn't realize it was double vinyl edition...
Anyway, it sounds properly fucking amazing, everything is so clear and loud and balanced (or not, such as 'Skull X', that just sounds evil full stop. Good evil though :twisted: ). 'Miss Lucifer' jumps out of the speakers, no distortion or anything and I can hear more in the high-end I think. If the rest of their releases are of such high quality then they are recommended indeed. Great quality sleeve and inners here too.
O P 8
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

There seem to be quite a few people who post here who have very good to high end systems.
Especially the thread about record cleaners. That was a dead giveaway.
I cant praise Music On Vinyl enough and I think that needs to be done with the quality they put into these releases.
They have quite and extensive and eclectic catalog.
Mercury Rev- Boces? Really? And its sounds amazing.
I have to chill out on these records and maybe buy a few every month or two. These two LPs set me back $75 inc s&h.
I think I see The Stranglers- Aural Sculpture in my future. Maybe Mott The Hoople- Mott as well.
I'd love for them to get the Spiritualized releases. And Mark Lanegan- Whiskey For The Holy Ghost.
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Last 2 albums/lp's you bought?

Post by semisynthetic »

Spacemen 3 "Perfect Prescription" US LP on Genius; autographed

Kim Fowley "International Heroes" 1973 US Capitol, (PROMO) Sealed
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Last 2 albums/lp's you bought?

Post by runcible »

semisynthetic wrote:Spacemen 3 "Perfect Prescription" US LP on Genius; autographed
Oooh, nice.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Thank You, Runcible;

It helps to have Good info and a trusted Dealer; [ that just doesn't quite sound like I intended.............]
"Everything is a Poison; it is the amount or degree that separates one Poison from another"
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

spzretent wrote:There seem to be quite a few people who post here who have very good to high end systems.
Especially the thread about record cleaners. That was a dead giveaway.

I can't praise Music On Vinyl enough and I think that needs to be done with the quality they put into these releases.
or two. I think I see The Stranglers- Aural Sculpture in my future.
The Stranglers - "The Raven" would also be a pick on my list if it should become available and maybe
The Clash - "Sandinista!" (3 LP set);

I would REALLY like to see "Eclection" S/T from 1968 reissued on vinyl; It is such a BEAUTIFUL
recording; and by the way - "Collector's Records" [insert HA] re-released this as an unlistenable horror on CD, so AVOID that error.
Paracelsus
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

I got the Music On Vinyl 'Just For A Day' reissue and it's great. Got a different pressing of Souvlaki, no clue as to who did it but it sounds decent enough.

Light In The Attic do great reissues also.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

semisynthetic wrote:
I would REALLY like to see "Eclection" S/T from 1968 reissued on vinyl; It is such a BEAUTIFUL
recording;
Coincidentally, TheWarmth and I were talking about this album just the other day. I'm pretty sure it has been reissued on vinyl - I have seen it recently - but I don't know if it is a legit reissue. My guess is it's a needle drop bootleg. I thought I might have this album tagged on to the end of a cd or a tape but can't find it. I'll keep looking. I think I have their excellent single; 'Please', though on a compilation.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

redcloud wrote:
semisynthetic wrote:
recording;
Coincidentally, TheWarmth and I were talking about this album just the other day. I'm pretty sure it has been reissued on vinyl - I have seen it recently - but I don't know if it is a legit reissue. My guess is it's a needle drop bootleg.

It would not be Out of the Realm of Possibility you saw an original release. "Eclection" is another one of those gems that simply got lost in the crowd; 1968 was a wonderful year for great music of a wide variety of types; this recording - I have seen in Cut-out bins AND "ASST" racks; the person placing it there simply because they just did not know what it was or "where" it belonged. The first copy I bought was a STAGGERING $1 [sealed], but a cutout; NOT with the usual "hole" but riveted! I purchased a copy more recently, [sealed], but it was a little more than $1 this last time. :D
Paracelsus
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I looked up the Eclection album on ebay and there were a number of original copies listed, but they the ones in decent shape were pricey.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

semisynthetic wrote:[
It would not be Out of the Realm of Possibility you saw an original release. "Eclection" is another one of those gems that simply got lost in the crowd; 1968 was a wonderful year for great music of a wide variety of types; this recording - I have seen in Cut-out bins AND "ASST" racks; the person placing it there simply because they just did not know what it was or "where" it belonged.

No...if I remember correctly it was a gloss cover slick. Definitely a reissue. It wasn't that long ago that I saw it either. I may go back this week and have a look to see if it is still there.

Also, the shops I tend to go to definitely know their LP's. Deals are still scored but it does mean you have to look harder. There are so many value books these days that even if they don't know what they are sitting on they can look it up to see what it might be worth. Gone are the days when one could walk into record stores and spotty teenagers with Anvil t-shirts working there. That's when they really had no idea what these crazy 60's albums were worth. In 1989 or '90 I scored an original Moving Sidewalks LP precisely this way (although I think it was a Motley Crue shirt he was wearing!). 8)
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I am pleased that "Eclection" may have been reissued; by all means go and get it! I would like to know the label and date that the LP was reissued. Unlike the US cover, the UK release DID have a clarafoil cover, (which would give a "slick" appearance), but anyway, it would be nice to know the details if it has been reissued.
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Last few assorted Recordings you bought?

Post by semisynthetic »

A few new goodies from here, there and lilmoxie.com, too.

John Lennon, Yoko Ono "Life with the Lions" Zapple; USA 1969; [Sealed] PROMO
John Lennon, Yoko Ono "Wedding Album" LP ODEON Japanese [Sealed] Very Nicely Done.
John Lennon, Yoko Ono "Wedding Album" Cassette ODEON Japanese [Sealed] Very Nicely Done.

Y. Ono "On thin Ice, for John" Pinkish, Translucent vinyl 7" Test Pressing; USA 1981 [Mint]
Y. Ono "On Thin Ice" 12" Promo White Vinyl w/ Pic Sleeve & Press Kit USA 1981 [Mint]

The Beach Boys "Good Vibrations"/ "Wouldn't it be Nice?" 7" vinyl Jugoton Pressing; (former) Yugoslavia Pic Sleeve 1976; obscure copy;

David Bowie "The Man Who Sold the World" RED LABEL Mercury 1970; commercial release USA

Soft Speaker "The Jockey" Edelweiss Records; 2012; USA CD Pic Disc

Mike Oldfield "Hergest Ridge" Original US Virgin LP 1974
Eat Lights Become Lights "Autopia" UK LP Green Vinyl Neo Krautrock [Sealed]
Spacemen 3 EAR "A Taste Of 3rd Stone" Vol.1 UK CD
Spacemen 3 And The Birth of Spiritualized UK [Book] 2004

NASA Kennedy Space Center Logo [Nylon Snapback Hat]
Rolling Stones Saint Of Me 5 Mix UK Double 12" Mint [remixes]
Rolling Stones Saint Of Me US 12" [Sealed]
Spectrum 1992 Super Stocking Stuffer SFTRI 209 Sonic Boom; Pic Slv
Dean And Britta I'll Keep It With Mine UK 7" GPS55 [New]; Pic Slv
A.R. KAne Cool As Moons 1993 US Promo Only Clear Vinyl 7" Pic Slv
Volume 12 Winter 1994 UK LP + Magazine Spiritualized E.A.R.
Sacred Bones Presents Todo Muere Vol.1 LP Moon Duo
Dead Skeletons Dead Magick LP

"I'll Fly Away" 1909 Columbia "Note the Notes" single sided 78 rpm 10" disc; Gospel; [Mint]

Elvis Presley "Change of Habit" 7" EP 1969 Australian Release - RCA, [New]
Elvis Presley "His Hand in Mine" 1960 MONO US LP Promo RCA White Label [Mint]
Attachments
(former) Jugoslavian "Jugoton" Pressing
(former) Jugoslavian "Jugoton" Pressing
BeachBoysJugo2.jpg (40.25 KiB) Viewed 7428 times
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

semisynthetic wrote:I am pleased that "Eclection" may have been reissued; by all means go and get it! I would like to know the label and date that the LP was reissued.

I left work earlier than normal today. I had no meetings, nobody hanging out in my room...so, I boogied and went down to the record store. I looked through several bins but didn't see it there. I also went to a second but they too didn't have it. I asked them if they know about a vinyl reissue/bootleg and off the top of their head they couldn't recall one. However, they said that so many 60's albums are being reissued that it is very possible but probably not a legit copy. I'll keep looking. I am pretty damn certain I saw one not that long ago.

On a side note, all of Acid Mothers Temple were in one of the stores scouring the record bins (they play Portland tonight). I talked briefly to Kawabata (is he the one with the long grey hair?) but let him enjoy looking though the records in peace.
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I HAVE seen an Italian Bootleg CD of "Eclection" recently, so that is an "improvement", maybe. I'll describe it when it arrives.
Paracelsus
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

semisynthetic wrote:I HAVE seen an Italian Bootleg CD of "Eclection" recently,
Akarma Records?
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

redcloud wrote:
semisynthetic wrote:I HAVE seen an Italian Bootleg CD of "Eclection" recently,
Akarma Records?
This Particular Example was labeled "Fractured Gems"; "11 Bonus Tracks"; an Italian ROIR via Germany, oddly.
I have not yet received it, but that was the description given me; I like to know the "label".
Paracelsus
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Sweet Heart Sweet Light
The Chameleons- What Does Anything Mean, Basically?
Do Make Say Think- Winter Hymn Country Hymn Secret Hymn
Mainliner- Mellow Out
The Men- Leave Home
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Spiritualized - Sweet Heart, Sweet Light
Lupine Howl - The Carnivorous Adventures of Lupine Howl
Low - C'mon
Tunng - Comments Of The Inner Chorus
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Last few recordings you bought?

Post by semisynthetic »

Sweet Heart Sweet Light 2LP (FAT POSSUM - USA) on order
Sweet Heart Sweet Light 2LP (Double Six/Domino - UK) on order
Sweet Heart Sweet Light CDs; USA / UK / Japan
"Hey Jane" 7" (UK) on order
Brian Jonestown Massacre "Strung out in Heaven" PROMO CD UK
Eclection BOOTLEG CD Italian, via Germany (1968 material) Fractured Gems label 2012
Eclection S/T AMPEX 8-TRACK TAPE [still Sealed] Elektra label1968
"Rolling Stones Live" 2LP set (ROIR)
"The Stooges LIVE" 2LP set (ROIR)
"An Evening with Wild Man Fischer" - Bizarre Label; 1969 2LP set [Sealed] "Hello, my name is Larry, do you wanna hear an original song for only a dime? I GUARANTEE it is completely original" (Wow).
The MC5 "High Times" (original issue) German Release w/ gatefold, unipak cover.
Lupine Howl "The Carnivorous Adventures of Lupine Howl"
Spacemen3 "Big City/ Drive" 12" vinyl; original release w/ Pic Slv. (new)
Paracelsus
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

Spiritualized - 'SHSL'
Mark Lanegan Band - 'Blues funeral'
Willis Earl Beal - 'Acousmatic sorcery'
Neutral Milk Hotel - 'In an aeroplane over the sea'
Smith Westerns - 'Dye it blonde'
Hey Jayne
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

All purchased on RSD:-

Moon Duo - Remixes
BRMC - Howl Sessions
The Heads - Radio 1
Velvet Underground - Loaded
King Creosote & Jon Hopkins - Jubilee EP
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Last few asorted recordings you bought?

Post by semisynthetic »

A few assorted Sounds

Mercury Rev "See You On The Other Side"
White Hills "Dead" 12"
White Hills "Stolen Stars Left For No One" 12"
White Hills "Live at Roadburn 2011" CD - Imported from the Netherlands
[S/T] "A Winged Victory For The Sullen" (members of Stars of the Lid) - LP
Wooden Shjips "Remix" 12"
The Heads "Under The Stress of a Headlong Dive" 2xLP
Elvis Presley - translates to "His Greatest & Well, Well, Well"; #11/30 Promo Discs w/ artwork; Elvis interview followed by splices of JUST "Well, well well WELL WELL Well, Well", etc. until a bandmember starts to ask a question, whereupon Elvis responds with, "Hey man, don't interrupt me when I'm Well'in". Rare and Strange; but funny; an extended excerpt from the US release of "Having Fun with Elvis Onstage", 1969. RCA/Nederlandes/Preview Discs
Elvis Presley "How Great Thou Art" 1968 RCA Promo White label; [Sealed]
Paracelsus
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

In the last week:

Mary Butterworth - (s/t obscure psych reissue on Lion Records) LP
Five Day Week Straw People - (s/t obscure psych reissue out of Italy) LP
Spiritualized - SHSL (CD)
Green Pajamas - 'Summer of Lust' (autographed official CD reissue of their self released cassette from 1984)
Plasticland - 'Salon' (original Pink Dust LP)
semisynthetic
Known user

Re: Last few assorted recordings, etc. you bought?

Post by semisynthetic »

A Few New Sounds and Ephemera for the Arkiv (from Here, There and lilmoxie.com) :D

"Let it Come Down" Spiritualized; 2LP UK; [MINT/ in shrink].
"Eat Lights Become Lights" 7" [Square] Green Vinyl; New. UK V. Well Done
"This Is Why You Love Me" Brian Jonestown Massacre; Vinyl LP; UK, original release. [sealed]
"Their Satanic Majesties Second Request" Brian Jonestown Massacre; UK LP; original release. [sealed]
"Metal Machine Music (Mlps)" Lou Reed; Japanese release, RCA CD; from the 1975 2LP RCA Set. [sealed]
"Taking Tiger Mountain By Strategy (Mlps)" Eno, Brian; CD; Japanese Release; from the 1973 release. [sealed]
"Track of the Hunted" Der Blutharsch; CD, Switzerland; (disc Made in Germany for special release). [sealed]
"When All Else Fails!" Der Blutharsch; CD; Switzerland; (disc Made in Germany for special release). [sealed]

"(I'm Just) A Vagabond Lover" Rudy Vallee', US 1922; single sided 78 rpm Test Pressing' (#d "3").
"My Generation" THE WHO; 1964/5 Brunswick; UK 7" Test Pressing w/ Brunswick Sleeve; MINT.
*"My Generation" THE WHO; 1965 Brunswick; UK 7" Commercial Release w/ Brunswick Sleeve; MINT
"Please Please Me" The Beatles; UK, 7" First Pressing in Parlophone sleeve; [Incredible, Truly; As New].
POSTER: Soft Speaker in Concert; "Return to Majestic Vortrobos" V. Nicely done!
BOOKLET: c. 1970 Atom Heart Mother Pink Floyd in Concert; Autographed by the Band; (Nick Mason as "Nicky")

* New Addition.
The attached Images of Lou Reed's Classic [Metal Machine Music] "amine-beta-ring", released on a Japanese Mlps CD; A question comes to mind, simply; WHY obtain this copy of such Sound, Noise and Fury; Isn't the 2LP vinyl set ENOUGH ALREADY? The answer is, NO. I LOVE IRONY; but there are questions about quality and Music;
(even the amphetamine structure is incorrectly presented), just as the Original Release, naturally.
This is one Exceptional example of the Sonic Extreme, reissued in the Highest Fidelity currently possible; with Great Detail to the Original analogue release.This recording may be the archetypal anti-ambient musical Pro-noise; with History and memories filled with Dischordant Extremes. No panning, no scanning; Full Separation of Channels blasting out "Music to clear a Room By"; :D ..
Attachments
Lou Reed Mlps Obverse
Lou Reed Mlps Obverse
LouReedMMM 001CompWebOb.jpg (24.88 KiB) Viewed 7428 times
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:03 am, edited 4 times in total.
Paracelsus
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Bob Dylan & The Band- The Basement Tapes
Can- Soundtracks
Can- Delay 1968
Om- Pilgrimage
My Bloody Valentine- EPs 1988-1991
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

CAN - Monster Movie
Fionn Regan - 100 Acres of Sycamore
The Smiths - The Sound of the Smiths
Spiritualized - SHSL Japan edition
John Jacob Niles - Boone-Tolliver Recordings
angelsighs wrote: Can- Soundtracks
Can- Delay 1968
Soundtracks is my favorite album ever, so bought Monster Movie and love it. Malcolm Mooney is really great on both. Is Delay 1968 worth a buy?
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

not listened to them yet, Soundtracks only arrived today! I will post here what I think
I love Monster Movie too, its the sound of a more raw and rocky Can. You Doo Right is amazing- what a huge, thick groove it is
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Toe Fat - s/t (1969) original issue LP w/uncensored cover on Rare Earth. I think it is a first US printing run before the cover was censored (similar to the first Moby Grape LP whose cover was quickly censored after its initial print run).
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Delay 1968 is ok, but I never listen to it. I can do up a link for you if you want. I did a vinyl transfer a few years ago.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Animal Collective - Transverse Temporal Gyrus
Animal Collective - Honeycomb/Gotham
KTL - V
robotoilet
Known user

Post by robotoilet »

TheWarmth wrote:Delay 1968 is ok, but I never listen to it. I can do up a link for you if you want. I did a vinyl transfer a few years ago.
That's very kind of you. I'd like to get your vinyl transfer if you don't mind.
angelsighs wrote:not listened to them yet, Soundtracks only arrived today! I will post here what I think
I love Monster Movie too, its the sound of a more raw and rocky Can. You Doo Right is amazing- what a huge, thick groove it is
So have you listened to them? How do you think?
Tago Mago is the great album and of course I love it. But I really love Mooney's voice, like Soul Desert and She Brings The Rain, so for me Soundtracks wins out.
And yes, You Doo right is really great, which never bores me for 20 minutes.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
My Bloody Valentine - EP's 1988-1991

Took the plunge and splurged out on the remasters. I've never heard any MBV other than Loveless (despite it being one of my favourite albums) so I'm very excited :)
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Spz - Hey Jane 7"
Spz - SWSL black and white vinyls
Sparklehorse - Dreamt For Light Years In The Belly Of A Mountain re-issue LP
Sparklehorse - It's A Wonderful Life re-issue LP
Fuxa - The Electric Sound Of Summer picture disc LP
My Bloody Valentine - Feed Me With Your Kiss EP

mc wrote:My Bloody Valentine - Loveless
My Bloody Valentine - Isn't Anything
My Bloody Valentine - EP's 1988-1991

Took the plunge and splurged out on the remasters. I've never heard any MBV other than Loveless (despite it being one of my favourite albums) so I'm very excited :)
If Loveless is one of your favourite albums and you haven't heard Isn't Anything or those four EPs you're in for a mind-fuck :lol:
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Broc wrote:If Loveless is one of your favourite albums and you haven't heard Isn't Anything or those four EPs you're in for a mind-fuck :lol:
I couldn't agree more.

The b-sides of the You Made Me Realise, Feed Me With Your Kiss and Soon EPs are, for me, the greatest music they ever made. There isn't anything on Loveless to touch 'Slow' which has possibly the fattest and greatest bass sound I have ever heard.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

runcible wrote: The b-sides of the You Made Me Realise, Feed Me With Your Kiss and Soon EPs are, for me, the greatest music they ever made. There isn't anything on Loveless to touch 'Slow' which has possibly the fattest and greatest bass sound I have ever heard.
Those four EPs are astonishing and are as groundbreaking as Loveless I think. I take it you mean the Glider and Tremolo EPs, some of the material on those is just jaw-dropping. I listen to those EPs more than the LPs. Isn't Anything suffers a little from having Loveless released a few years after it. If deserves far more recognition that it receives.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Broc wrote:
runcible wrote: The b-sides of the You Made Me Realise, Feed Me With Your Kiss and Soon EPs are, for me, the greatest music they ever made. There isn't anything on Loveless to touch 'Slow' which has possibly the fattest and greatest bass sound I have ever heard.
Those four EPs are astonishing and are as groundbreaking as Loveless I think. I take it you mean the Glider and Tremolo EPs, some of the material on those is just jaw-dropping. I listen to those EPs more than the LPs.
Glider yes - I always think of it as being 'Soon'. On the other hand I didn't like the Tremelo EP much to be honest. I remember the band being highly amused because the tapes were almost returned as the pressing plant thought they were faulty! The other EPs are incredible though with the B-sides being superior to the A-sides as far as I am concerned.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

robotoilet wrote:
angelsighs wrote:not listened to them yet, Soundtracks only arrived today! I will post here what I think
So have you listened to them? How do you think?
Tago Mago is the great album and of course I love it. But I really love Mooney's voice, like Soul Desert and She Brings The Rain, so for me Soundtracks wins out.
And yes, You Doo right is really great, which never bores me for 20 minutes.
agreed.. You Doo Right could go on for another 20 mins as far as I'm concerned!
I've listened to Delay 1968 and really enjoyed it- a great companion piece to Monster Movie, similarly raw and scratchy guitars. the amazing thing about the Can albums is the production still sounds stunning and contemporary (although I guess just could be good remastering). and the drumming.. wow

I've gotta say all this MBV talk is whetting my appetite too.. my EPs collection arrived and I can't wait to get stuck in! (I also have only really heard Loveless)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I have always preferred 'Monster Movie' to 'Tago'.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

redcloud wrote:
I have always preferred 'Monster Movie' to 'Tago'.
I love Monster Movie but I wouldnt go that far. Tago Mago is simply mindblowing. I remember I was in a bit of a lull, not finding much music to excite me and then I heard that and it blew me away. the two long ambient sound collages in the middle I do have to be in a certain mood for, mind you..
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

mc wrote: I've never heard any MBV other than Loveless (despite it being one of my favourite albums) so I'm very excited :)
I think angelsighs said the same thing a while back. Gotta say i find that attitude baffling. You get an album that you love and then don't bother to check out that band's other material. :? Bizarre.

Anyways, like the others said, you're in for a treat. "I Believe" from the FMWYK ep was always a personal fave of mine. Like Runcible said, Slow is another great tune.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

sunray wrote:
mc wrote: I've never heard any MBV other than Loveless (despite it being one of my favourite albums) so I'm very excited :)
I think angelsighs said the same thing a while back. Gotta say i find that attitude baffling. You get an album that you love and then don't bother to check out that band's other material. :? Bizarre.

Anyways, like the others said, you're in for a treat. "I Believe" from the FMWYK ep was always a personal fave of mine. Like Runcible said, Slow is another great tune.
it's a fair point- I do also have the Tremelo EP as well, and I've 'almost bought' Isn't Anything many times. I don't know why I haven't investigated further either, sometimes the amount of music I want to get into is just overwhelming and things get left by the wayside... if only money and time was no object..
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

Just a few things lately......

Spiritualized (1992) US RCA/Dedicated Promo interesting; "I Want You", w/ "Feel so Sad";
the obverse labeling is OK, but the disc reads "Feel so Bad"; not a HUGE error; but interesting.
Plus:
Spacemen3 "Transparent Radiation"/"Honey" on the "Forced Exposure" label; nice pic slv.
Spiritualized "Medication" 12" from The Pharmacy.
Spiritualized "Sweet Heart, Sweet Light"; Japanese CD OBI +2 songs, including "Outro".
Cake; "Box Set of 7" discs".
Goat; 7" single; Quite good.
Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" MONO; USA; original copy [sealed]; a nice surprise.
David Bowie "Man from Free Cloud"/ "Is there life on Mars?" orig. Japanese coupling; 7"; NICE pic Slv
The Pretty Things "Silk Torpedo" orig. 1974; USA; [sealed]
Firesign Theatre "Eat or be Eaten" Promo Excerpts from the LP.
Black Oak Arkansas "Live in Japan" Japanese Promo, w/ OBI and promo sheet
Brian Eno "This" Promo from "Another Day on Earth" 2005
Brian Eno "Before and After Science" Mlps Japanese Release. V Nicely Done.
Eclection "Eclection + 11"; Bootleg.
Eclection "Mark Time"/ "Nevertheless" US 7" MINT 1968 Elektra
"Some Things Never Change" (by the "anonymous Comedy and Philosphy Team") 1922 78 rpm disc; USA; RCA.

Have a GREAT DAY!
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

A Few Nice Additions:

Dwarves "Blood Guts and Pussy" Sub Pop UK LP Release; V. Nice; (if one can say that :D). (orig.)
Moody Blues "Question"/ "Candle of Life" Threshold GERMANY 7"; V. Nice Pic Slv. c.1970 (orig.)
Moody Blues "From the Bottom of My Heart" 1965 Decca F. 12166 UK 7" (orig.; in Decca Slv).
Scott McKenzie "San Francisco"/ What's the Difference" CBS UK 7" 1967 (orig.)
American Resurrection Crucifixion; [this is the 4 Seasons Acid Album you have likely NEVER heard, but should].1968; Note: The above LP was reissued by Rhino in a simple Jacket; the original has the look of a newspaper w/ a booklet inside.
Jake Holmes appears on the album; w/ a "SubTitle" Track "Genuine Imitation Life". This may be dated, but it AIN'T "Big Girls don't Cry"! The first time I heard this, many years ago, I did NOT know exactly what I was listening to, but I knew they had been up rather late..........This is an LP worth owning. USA

Spiritualized "Music in A&E" Green Vinyl; UK 2LP Set Autographed and dated. New; V. Nice. 2008.
Spiritualized "Hey Jane" Dft. Promo CD2; Jacketed; 2 Versions; UK 2012

The Slits "Spacier" French Tour 7" Disc; V. Nice Pic Slv.
Nirvana "Hormoaning" Australian Tour 12" EP c. 1990

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paracelsus
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

A Few New Items:

Garbage “Not Your Kind of People” 2LP 2012 [sealed]
Garbage “Not Your Kind of People” Deluxe CD 2012 [sealed]
Der Blutharsch “First” issued in 2001 Germany CD [sealed]
Der Blutharsch "Der Gott Der Eisen Wachsen Ließ" [1/600] LP Germany [sealed]
Der Blutharsch/ Novy’ Svt “Café Mentone” Germany/ Holland 7" Clear Vinyl [sealed]
Der Blutharsch “Fire Danger Season” CD Germany (Leather Package) [sealed]
Der Blutharsch “Der Sieg Des Lichtes Ist Lebens Heil!” LP Germany [sealed/ ltd 1000]
Harpers Bizarre "S/T" (MONO) Warner Brothers USA LP 1967 [Still sealed]
The Silver Beatles; (Early Recordings; (1) Pic Disc LP; (2) White Vinyl LPs [sealed] ROIO; this is a "spare copy"; the sound quality and packaging is really exceptional; I have seen these pop up lately at reasonable prices.
The Who "Wasp Man"/ "Cobwebs and Strange" German Coupling; GREAT Pic Slv 7" 1967 MINT
Harpo Marx (written by); a rare single of a Childrens Lullaby sung by Mario Lanza "Guardian Angels 'round My Bed" 1949 USA 10" Promo Single sided disc; MINT; from a 10" "Mario Lanza" LP.
and a few really Nice GPS Label singles.

PLUS: Firesign Theatre "Not Insane" c. 1972; ironically, I cannot yet QUITE recall where I placed it..............Truly. Found it!; RIGHT NEXT to The Nixon Tapes Box Set. Go figure.

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!
Last edited by semisynthetic on Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
Paracelsus
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

semisynthetic wrote:David Bowie "Man from Free Cloud"/ "Is there life on Mars?" orig. Japanese coupling; 7
Is this a different song than "Wide-Eyed Boy From Freecloud"?
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

I should have placed the "correct" listing with it; but, no, it is the same song and version; but just like "Point me at the Sky" (Pink Floyd) is written as "Point me TO the Sky, the translations or errors are there. The "Translation Sheet" for "Julia Dream" in the Japanese single is just SO wrong, that it is amusing, but the language and imagery that Waters was using probably IS impossibly difficult to precisely translate. I doubt if "armadillo" comes up much in general music in Japan. :D One single even lists Roger as "Pete Waters", but exactly which one escapes me at the moment, I believe it might be the First Japanese Tour EP, or possibly the correlating single. (I enjoy these "errors" or translational variants; but when they occur on US and UK discs, I guess they are just ERRORS!)

NOTE: I have since located "Wild Eyed and Free Cloud"; Interesting take; it is the same cut, to the second. PROMO.
Japanese; w/ Insert.
Paracelsus
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Luna – Rendezvous
Luna – Romantica

Both of these RSD releases sound and look beautiful, I just wish they had an inlay sleeve. Romantica had the lyrics on an inlay card with the CD.

My Bloody Valentine – You Made Me realise EP
The Go-Betweens – Friends Of Rachel Worth LP
semisynthetic
Known user

Post by semisynthetic »

A few new additions; From here & there and lilmoxie.com, too

The See See "Gold & Honey" w/ "Sunbleached" EatlightsBecomeLights remix GPS81 RSD 7" [sealed]
"Kick out the Jams" Africa Babaataa & The MC5 2012 RSD Ryko Beautiful colored marble vinyl 7" [sealed]
SPZ "Sweet Heart, Sweet Light" UK 2LP set; White Vinyl 2012 Double Six/ Domino Records [sealed]
SPZ "Sweet Heart, Sweet Light" USA 2LP set; Fat Possum 2012 [sealed]
Slipstream "Transcendental" CD 2003 USA
Unconditionally Guaranteed "Uncuts Guide to the Month's Best Music" March 2nd 1999; COMPILATION; (Great Stuff).
Fire is Good; FireCD37; Compilation CD
David Bowie "The Man Who Sold the World" LP set; Ryko reissue [sealed]
Bing Crosby "That's What Life is All About" 7" USA WB PROMO single sided Test Pressing; [MINT]
Firesign Theatre "Continuing Adventures of NICK DANGER!" LP c.1974 [MINT]
Paracelsus
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Moon Duo - Mazes Remixed LP (Ltd. wax-sealed sleeve)
The Heads - Relaxing With LP (Red Vinyl)
Ghost Box Study Series 08 7" (Preorder)
Spiritualized - Little Girl 7" (Preorder)
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual (Test Pressing)
Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Big Moon Ritual (CD)
The Ford Theatre - Time Changes:A New Musical (Original LP)
Plasticland - Mink Dress and Other Cats
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Dropped into Probe in Liverpool today and picked up
Kandodo: Kandodo on vinyl
The Heads: Relaxing With... On red vinyl
Big Star: Radio City on red vinyl

There were masses of Can and Neu! LPs in the shop that will need thinning out as we're on (yet another) krautrock trip here.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

these are over the last month or so ,
BRMC-Howl ,RSD,
BRMC-Howl Sessions,RSD,
Spiritualized -SHSL (double vinyl),
Moon Duo -Mazes Remixes,RSD,
The Heads- Relaxing With.. (black vinyl :( )
Burial-Street Halo/Kindred ,
Richard Hawley-Standing At The Skys Edge ,

very pleased with all these purchases,the vinyl is the first vinyl in 15 yrs. and sure is a buzz getting one of those packages through the door ,may have to check myself as this could become an expensive but enjoyable habit,
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: Green Pajamas- All Clues Lead To Meghan's Bed :wink:
One of their best! Thing is...they have so many albums and the wonderful thing about this band is that they really don't make a bad one. I rate the albums by just how good they are and both 'Meagan's' and 'Northern Gothic' are essential PJ's.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

redcloud wrote:
spzretent wrote: Green Pajamas- All Clues Lead To Meghan's Bed :wink:
One of their best! Thing is...they have so many albums and the wonderful thing about this band is that they really don't make a bad one. I rate the albums by just how good they are and both 'Meagan's' and 'Northern Gothic' are essential PJ's.
:mrgreen: Please can you find me a CD of Meagan's Bed? Next to impossible to get over here! I love that album.