Last five albums/lp's you bought?

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Shinesalight
Known user

Re: Last five albums/lp's you bought?

Post by Shinesalight »

The vinyl release of 'The Sound Of Young America' by The Voices is now up for pre-order via my label, Drone Rock Records. Might be of interested to a few of you on here:-

http://dronerockrecords.com/shop/sound- ... pre-order/
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Shinesalight wrote: Sun Apr 28, 2019 6:44 pm The vinyl release of 'The Sound Of Young America' by The Voices is now up for pre-order via my label, Drone Rock Records. Might be of interested to a few of you on here:-

http://dronerockrecords.com/shop/sound- ... pre-order/
Cool, thanks for the heads up!

Yesterday at a flea market record show (inside a modern barn) I picked up:

Pearls Before Swine: One Nation Underground
David Bowie: Space Oddity (Ryko clear vinyl)
Donny Hathaway: Extension Of A Man
Roberta Flack & Donny Hathaway
Tom Waits: Closing Time
Wes Montgomery: Tequila
Black Pearl: Black Pearl
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

It has been busy here :D :

1. Stereolab: Transient Random-Noise Bursts with Announcements Expanded Reisssue
2. Stereolab: Mars Audiac Quintet Expanded Reisssue
3. The Beach Boys: Pet Sounds 1999 Mono reissue
4. ACR: Box
5. Bob Dylan: Real Live
6: Bob Dylan: Down in The Groove
7. Tangerine Dream: Poland
8. Wooden Shjips: Live in San Francisco June 8, 2018 (in hand made sleeve :roll: )
9. The Warlocks: Mean Machine Music
10. His Name is Alive: All The Mirrors in the House (Early Recordings 1979 - 1986)
11. Josefin Ohrn + The Liberation: Sacred Dreams
12. Mark Peters: New Routes out of Innerland
14. Mark Peters: Ambient Innerland
15: Electric Moon: Hugodelia (live) (Preorder)
16. DJINN: DJINN (Preorder)
17: Kandodo: K3 (Preorder)
18. The Comet Is Coming: Prophecy
19. Anything at all released on the Polytechnic Youth label
20. Shed loads of Jazz
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

you certainly have been busy Olan!
olan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 pm
8. Wooden Shjips: Live in San Francisco June 8, 2018 (in hand made sleeve :roll: )

is this the one from Silver Currant, the label run by Ethan from Comets on Fire? they do some really nice handmade stuff.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

angelsighs wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 4:33 pm you certainly have been busy Olan!
olan wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 7:24 pm

is this the one from Silver Currant, the label run by Ethan from Comets on Fire? they do some really nice handmade stuff.
Yes, it is the Silver Currant one. Also, in late breaking news, VI by Papir arrived today.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Do you actually listen to this stuff Olan or is it some kind of collection compulsion disorder? :wink:

I received a box from Cardinal Fuzz today and I know it'll be a while before I get through it.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

sunray wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:26 pm Do you actually listen to this stuff Olan or is it some kind of collection compulsion disorder? :wink:

I received a box from Cardinal Fuzz today and I know it'll be a while before I get through it.
I've been off work since mid-February so I have plenty of chance to listen to it as I could barely move in February and March. There was a week or two where even getting up to flip a record over was not really happening. This is why downloads and streamers are a wonderful thing.

Bit better now, so hopefully will not be spending as much money :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: (yeah, right). Even managed to go to work yesterday :shock: .
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Ah right, makes sense. Glad to hear you're back on your feet. :D
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Birthday vinyl has arrived...

Trimdon Grange Explosion - S/T LP (Been after this one for a while. Beautiful folk/psych)
Guaranteed Ugly - S/T LP (Took a punt on this... trashy surfy Cramps-y punk. One of the most beautiful slabs of vinyl i've seen)
The Darkside - Mayhem To Meditate EP (An old classic. Glad to have this on vinyl again)
Demadrados Soldados De Ventura (DSDV) - Clifton Park Vol.1&2 LPs (Never heard of them before but took a punt on this pair of LPs after hearing a snippet online. Reminded me of Magic Lantern - crafted chaos!)
Spiritualized/Mercury Rev - Greenpeace Split 7" (Another gap in the Spz back catalogue filled)
Lupine Howl - The Carnivorous Lunar Activities Of... LP (Another great album. Glad i found it cheap on vinyl)
Sin Music - Cloud 9/Smoke Yourself Thin 7"(Debut 7" from this band from Southend On Sea. Produced by ex-TFC drummer Brendan O'Hare... very Mogwai-esque)
Carlton Melton/Empty Shapes - Split LP (The last CM release i was looking for. Complete set of CM vinyl now).
Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription LP (Genius Records, purple sleeve) (The completist in me has been after this for a while. Nice to have this alternative sleeve version.)

Should do me for a wee while...
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Laz69 wrote: Mon May 13, 2019 8:20 am Birthday vinyl has arrived...

Sin Music - Cloud 9/Smoke Yourself Thin 7"(Debut 7" from this band from Southend On Sea. Produced by ex-TFC drummer Brendan O'Hare... very Mogwai-esque)
Nice to see! I'm friends with them and Brendan down in Southend On Sea and the local boozer, The Railway Hotel, that a lot of bands spring up from. This 7" was an RSD exclusive at our local store South Records so it's nice to see it getting some wider love. Check out Dark Globes as well if you haven't already. Brendan plays drums in them and Tom from Sin Music sings/plays guitar. Lot's of band cross pollination down by our seaside.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

johnnyboy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Nice to see! I'm friends with them and Brendan down in Southend On Sea and the local boozer, The Railway Hotel, that a lot of bands spring up from. This 7" was an RSD exclusive at our local store South Records so it's nice to see it getting some wider love. Check out Dark Globes as well if you haven't already. Brendan plays drums in them and Tom from Sin Music sings/plays guitar. Lot's of band cross pollination down by our seaside.
Small world!

My brother and I have known Brendan for many years but i met Tom (lovely fella) when he came up to Glasgow for the TFC shows end of last year. Tom sent my brother the audio from the 7" as a taster and he let me hear it. Was bloody brilliant. My brother had Tom send up one of the 7" for my birthday as a surprise! :D Pass on my regards and love for this next time you see them!
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Laz69 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 4:36 pm
johnnyboy wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 12:39 pm

Small world!

My brother and I have known Brendan for many years but i met Tom (lovely fella) when he came up to Glasgow for the TFC shows end of last year. Tom sent my brother the audio from the 7" as a taster and he let me hear it. Was bloody brilliant. My brother had Tom send up one of the 7" for my birthday as a surprise! :D Pass on my regards and love for this next time you see them!
Haha, that's brilliant, small world indeed! Yeah Tom is pretty cool, very much a Teenage Fanboy. The Railway Hotel is such a great place for bands and likeminded folk. I'll mention you when I next bump into him down there.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Well..... it's way more than five.
One of my local record shops just bought a sizable collection of original UK LP's from the 70's. Most are A1 B1's.
In the last two days I have purchased:
Steely Dan- Can't Buy A Thrill
" - Pretzel Logic
" - The Royal Scam
" - Aja
Joe Walsh- So What
" - Barnstorm
Supertramp- Crime Of The Century
" - Crisis What Crisis?
Frampton Comes Alive
Lynyrd Skynyrd- Nuthin' Fancy
" - Gimme Back My Bullets
Doobie Brothers- The Captain & Me
Barclay James Harvest- Baby James Harvest
V/A Heads Together/First Round a Vertigo Swirl comp
Todd Rundgren/Utopia- S/T
Not purchased but gifted to me by Mick MacNeil the original keyboard player from Simple Minds was a tub of roughly 100 tapes of lives shows and studio outtakes, a huge lot of vinyl and a gold record for New Gold Dream. This would not have happened without the incredible help of James/Laz69 who graciously drove quite a way to pick these up, pack them up and facilate the shipping to the US. I am forever in your debt James.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

spzretent wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 am Not purchased but gifted to me by Mick MacNeil the original keyboard player from Simple Minds was a tub of roughly 100 tapes of lives shows and studio outtakes, a huge lot of vinyl and a gold record for New Gold Dream. This would not have happened without the incredible help of James/Laz69 who graciously drove quite a way to pick these up, pack them up and facilitate the shipping to the US. I am forever in your debt James.
Glad to have helped :)
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

spzretent wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:36 am Not purchased but gifted to me by Mick MacNeil the original keyboard player from Simple Minds was a tub of roughly 100 tapes of lives shows and studio outtakes, a huge lot of vinyl and a gold record for New Gold Dream. This would not have happened without the incredible help of James/Laz69 who graciously drove quite a way to pick these up, pack them up and facilate the shipping to the US. I am forever in your debt James.
That tub sounds AMAZING!
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I'll let you know once Parcel Force get their shit together and actually pick up this haul in Glasgow and deliver it here. This is not proving so easy.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Well......all 3 parcels arrived this afternoon.
Tapes? Thought I was getting approx. 100. Nuh uh. More like 250 tapes. Early demos, rehearsals and unreleased version and songs. Quite a treasure trove.
The load of vinyl was also incredible. The numbered Australian Sister Feelings call which I have never even seen was a part of this haul. Loads of rare 12"s and LPs. Even a signed Empires & Dance Zoom UK LP.
The glass on the gold record didn't fare too well. I was going to replace the glass anyway.
A big kiss to James/Laz69 for even making this possible.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Wow, what a great gift you got there. Have you thought about what you’re gonna do with the tapes? Digitize ‘m and share them perhaps? #askingforafriend :D
But really, just curious.
"I've been drinking all night long, but my hands are steady"
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I have exchanged a few emails with Jim Kerr and he was worried that may happen. I told him I would never do that. In the end he said he is fine with my having them.
What era is your "friend" after? There seems to be loads of Once Upon A Time and Street Fighting Years era stuff so far. I did come across an instrumental rehearsal version of Sparkle In The Rain which is cool. Loads of interesting instrumentals too. I have only scratched the surface. Like maybe 10%.
It's kind of weird in that if I try and listen to too much I may wind up getting really sick of Simple Minds which I don't want to happen. Having said that I am really a fan of the first 6 records. After that it is pretty hit or miss for me. Mick MacNeil left in 1992 I think. So nothing past that. I am being carefuI guess.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

It's the albums up to and including Sparke in the Rain for me. I do like Once upon a time, because I played it to death when I was a kid (not to mention live in the city of light)
But there is one particular thing I am curious about. I used have a Rock Palast broadcast of a pre-NGD gig that had an epic version of Room. I was pretty dissapointed when I got Empires And Dances and Room turned out to be bout minute and a half and lacking the epic chorus of the live version I knew. Would be fun to hear what the history of that song was. Did start out as the live version and did they cut it down for the album, or did it develop into how they played it live. So there's that. And I'd kill for a decent recording of that live arrangement. The one I mentioned above is on youtube but sound quality and performance are not the best (Jim's pretty off key there).
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You and I must have exactly the same taste. Room is one of my favorite Simple Minds songs especially off of the first 3 records. That and Pleasantly Disturbed from Life In A Day. That one is an epic long track. Both done live on the 5 X 5 tour.
I will look. I may well have that Rockpalast show as many of the "official" live recordings through radio etc. are here. If I find it it's yours. It may take quite a while especially if it is not labeled.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Oh man, that would be great! Cheers!
Will give Life ain a Day a spin tonight, haven’t heard it in ages.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Any doubles in that Simple Minds tote, I love the early stuff best also.
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

The Flaming Lips: Death Trippin' At Sunrise: Rarities B-sides & Flexi Discs 1986-1990
Mudhoney: Tomorrow Hit Today [MOV]
The Ethiopians: Woman Capture Man [MOV]
Moby: Everything Was Beautiful & Nothing Hurt
Bob Dylan: Love And Theft
Various Artists: The Wall [Redux]
Redd Kross: Third Eye [MOV]

all at Deep Discount sale (which I think is still ongoing)
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Spiritualized - And Nothing Hurt
Kurt Vile - Bottle it In
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard - Fishin for Fishies, Infest the Rat Nest
Ten Fe - Future Perfect Present Tense, Hit the Light
Follakzoid - I
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Blanck Mass - Animated Violence Mild,
Sleep - The Sciences,
Hey Colossus - Four Bibles,
Hey Colossus - The Guillotine,
Rose City Band - "Self Titled ",
Vanishing Twin - The Age Of Immunology,
Minami Deutsch - Cant Get There ep ( pic disc)
White Hills - Live At Roadburn,
Centrum - For Meditation,
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Grateful Dead: Cambodian Refugee Benefit, Oakland Coliseum Broadcast, 13th January 1980 2xLP
Grateful Dead: Visions of the Future, Spectrum Broadcast, 18th March 1995 Vol 1. 2xLP
Grateful Dead: Visions of the Future, Spectrum Broadcast, 18th March 1995 Vol 2. 2xLP
Grateful Dead: Laughter, Love and Music, The Bill Graham Memorial, 1991
Dub Syndicate: Tunes from the Missing Channel
Mick Harvey: Sketches from the Book of the Dead
Sons of Kemet: Burn
Ill Considered: Ill Considered 8
Spacemen 3: .kaleidoscope skies. Box Set (details here: https://www.discogs.com/Spacemen-3-kale ... e/13935834 ) Pretty mad 2xLP set of a show played in Nuremburg on 9 May 1989 (which I had not got a recording of). This is #18 of a limited run of 23 :shock: ....
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

olan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 am Spacemen 3: .kaleidoscope skies. Box Set (details here: https://www.discogs.com/Spacemen-3-kale ... e/13935834 ) Pretty mad 2xLP set of a show played in Nuremburg on 9 May 1989 (which I had not got a recording of). This is #18 of a limited run of 23 :shock: ....
Effing hell, that is a serious work of art. Very very jealous :D
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

olan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:35 am Spacemen 3: .kaleidoscope skies. Box Set (details here: https://www.discogs.com/Spacemen-3-kale ... e/13935834 ) Pretty mad 2xLP set of a show played in Nuremburg on 9 May 1989 (which I had not got a recording of). This is #18 of a limited run of 23 :shock: ....
:shock: :shock: :shock: Where in the hell did you come across this Olan? Nowt to be found on Discogs obviously.

I want one goddamnit! :lol:
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

I was contacted by the seller asking for €130 for a copy... Fair play for all the effort, but nah...
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

spzretent wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:42 pm You and I must have exactly the same taste. Room is one of my favorite Simple Minds songs especially off of the first 3 records. That and Pleasantly Disturbed from Life In A Day. That one is an epic long track. Both done live on the 5 X 5 tour.
I will look. I may well have that Rockpalast show as many of the "official" live recordings through radio etc. are here. If I find it it's yours. It may take quite a while especially if it is not labeled.
Been on a massive Simple Minds bender today and suddenly thought about your box full of tapes. Have you had the chance to listen to them? And any good stuff in it?
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Its been a while since I listened to any of the tapes. I did separate what was of interest to me which is basically up to Sparkle In The Rain era stuff. Lots of rehearsals and instrumental stuff. I ran the risk of getting sick of them as I listened to so much in a short period of time. Much of the really early stuff sounds rough. Not sure if it is tape deterioration or the recording itself.
I'll keep you posted.
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

I can imagine it could become a chore, when it should be a fun thing.
But yeah, keep me posted, I’d like that. Cheers!
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Au Pairs ‎– Sense And Sensuality
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds ‎– Ghosteen
Meat Puppets - Huevos
ESG ‎– Come Away With ESG
Roxy Music ‎– Original Members '72-'73 (bootleg)
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Courtney Barnett - Unplugged
Raymond v/h Groenewoud - Speel
The Thrills - So Much For The City
Simple Minds - Sisters Feelings Call (first UK pressing)
Isobel Campbell - There Is No Other
all vinyl.
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

10000 Russos: Kompromat, 10000 Russos, Distress, Distress
I find that they have a good beat to run to on the treadmill.

Nico: Desertshore, The End

On these two she does almost all the writing and on The End she pays tribute to the late Jim Morrison by singing almost the entire insane Doors song The End written by Morrison.

Also I watched the film about Nico's later years: Nico, 1988. It wasn't as depressing as I thought it might be. She's got a bad drug habit and her son attempts suicide which he fortunately survives, but she's still touring and drawing crowds. Ultimately the saddest thing is that she dies at age 49.
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

nghst wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:22 am 10000 Russos: Kompromat, 10000 Russos, Distress, Distress
I find that they have a good beat to run to on the treadmill.
The drumming on their latest album is incredible. Especially when witnessed live. Really unusual beats and patterns, almosty hypnotic to watch. My wife said their drummer, João, was like one of those nodding dogs as she watched him play; his head just bobbing along to the odd patterns :lol:

They are an incredible band. Absolutely love them. And just beautiful to watch live 8)
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Pictish Trail- Thumb World LP
Cheval Sombre- 10th Anniversary LP
Raymonde- Babelogue LP
Ted Hawkins- The Next Hundred Years LP
Badfinger- No Dice expanded CD
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Proper Ornaments new album
Humanist New album
Nuggett vol 1 box set, vol 2 box set and Children of Nuggets (this is ace) box set, did a deal in Kingbee records
Whilst i was there i got an original mint copy of Death in Vegas Contino sessions
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

beaker73 wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:11 pm
spzretent wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:42 pm You and I must have exactly the same taste. Room is one of my favorite Simple Minds songs especially off of the first 3 records. That and Pleasantly Disturbed from Life In A Day. That one is an epic long track. Both done live on the 5 X 5 tour.
Been on a massive Simple Minds bender today and suddenly thought about your box full of tapes. Have you had the chance to listen to them? And any good stuff in it?
Have you seen this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JasKiPW1stw
beaker73
Known user

Post by beaker73 »

Yes, I have. Thanks for posting it here. It is the show I was talking about. I even found a rip of a bootleg dvd that has a little better audio quality. Oh, if only they could put stuff like this out officially, instead of that street fighting years box set :roll:
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

postie is still delivering so the new Chris Forsyth & Garcia Peoples, and Dungen Live records have arrived. will be some good jams to get lost in
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Latest Covid arrivals...

Spectrum - War Sucks 12" (THIS is a gorgeous slab of vinyl! Thought this was released on clear vinyl, but its a green/red split. Nice heavy weight too.)
Spacemen 3/Sun Araw- That's Just Fine/I'm Gonna Cross That River Of Jordan split 7" (Great Pop Supplement release)
Spacemen 3 - Walking With Jesus 7" - (The orange splatter one on Earworm)
The Darkside - Lunar Surf 7"
Spectrum/Moonshake - Taste The Ozone/Night Tripper 7" (came free with one of the Independant 20 compilations)
E.A.R ‎– Pocket Symphony 5"

Joyous!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

angelsighs wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:00 am postie is still delivering so the new Chris Forsyth & Garcia Peoples, and Dungen Live records have arrived. will be some good jams to get lost in
Never really tried Chris Forsyth but have heard good things about both him and Garcia Peoples. Whats the album like Sighs? I've got a credit note with Norman Records that needs using and was thinking that this might be the album to get.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

Laz69 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:56 pm Spectrum - War Sucks 12" (THIS is a gorgeous slab of vinyl! Thought this was released on clear vinyl, but its a green/red split. Nice heavy weight too.)
Where is that available?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

veiko wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:09 pm
Laz69 wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 1:56 pm Spectrum - War Sucks 12" (THIS is a gorgeous slab of vinyl! Thought this was released on clear vinyl, but its a green/red split. Nice heavy weight too.)
Where is that available?
Picked up from Discogs along with the Sun Araw split. Cut a deal for both.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Shinesalight wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 7:49 pm
Never really tried Chris Forsyth but have heard good things about both him and Garcia Peoples. Whats the album like Sighs? I've got a credit note with Norman Records that needs using and was thinking that this might be the album to get.
well speaking as a fan it's definitely a cracking live album. whether it's the best entry point to his catalogue is another matter though. it's basically very jam based readings of some of his recent material. the final side is one epic jam that just builds and builds! as you are certainly not averse to jams 8) you may well dig it without the context. but think clean and piercing guitars rather than heavy and droney.

I did try some of Garcia People's own stuff too, but it didn't really float my boat- they seemed to be a mix of a jam band and some more song based college rock type bits. the jam bits were definitely more my thing, and they certainly add a lot to the Forsyth album.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Cheers for that Sighs. I actually ended up spending my credit note on something else though it might be something I may return to.
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Jonathan Richman And The Modern Lovers - Its Time For
Masters Of Reality - The Blue Garden/ s/t
Loop - Edizone Limitata
All the above from discogs, well priced and in really good condition, been after all for a while.

The Strokes - The New Abnormal,
BC Campfire - Shortly After Take Off,
Bob Dylan - Highway 61 Revisited,
Sleep - Dopesmoker,
Pigs x 7 - Viscerals
White Heaven - Out
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: Sat May 09, 2020 10:21 pm White Heaven - Out
Presume you bought this when the new reissue went live a few weeks ago?
Black Editions are doing so many great rereleases of Japanese psych stuff (originally on PSF) but I keep missing out as the runs are pretty short!
Had a listen to this and the guitar playing is superb.
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

angelsighs wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:56 am
Black Editions are doing so many great rereleases of Japanese psych stuff (originally on PSF) but I keep missing out as the runs are pretty short!
Yeah I`d noticed Dave Cambridge going on about it over the yrs and took the chance when he had a few for sale on the Cardinal Fuzz site, not disappointed
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Annual birthday splurge...

Spacemen 3 - Revolution 7"
Spacemen 3 - Cheree 7" flexi
EAR - Vibrations LP
EAR - Data Rape (Pt 9) 7"
EAR - Transitor Music 7"
EAR - Pestrepeller LP
Spectrum - Songs For Owsley 12"
Spiritualized - Smile/Sway 12"
Josh T. Pearson - Sweetheart I Ain't Your Christ / Country Dumb 12"
Cult Of Dom Keller - Ascend! LP
Las Cobras - Selva LP
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Laz69 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:51 pm Annual birthday splurge...

Spacemen 3 - Revolution 7"
Spacemen 3 - Cheree 7" flexi
EAR - Vibrations LP
EAR - Data Rape (Pt 9) 7"
EAR - Transitor Music 7"
EAR - Pestrepeller LP
Spectrum - Songs For Owsley 12"
Spiritualized - Smile/Sway 12"
Josh T. Pearson - Sweetheart I Ain't Your Christ / Country Dumb 12"
Cult Of Dom Keller - Ascend! LP
Las Cobras - Selva LP
Happy Birthday!!
nghst
Known user

Post by nghst »

Fiona Apple The Idler Wheel...
Fiona Apple Fetch the Bolt Cutters
Nico The Marble Index
Nico Drama of Exile
Suicide Suicide
Suicide The Second Album + The First Rehearsal Tapes
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

niamhm wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 11:22 pm
angelsighs wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 8:56 am
Yeah I`d noticed Dave Cambridge going on about it over the yrs and took the chance when he had a few for sale on the Cardinal Fuzz site, not disappointed
Well, I've not yet managed to find this at a reasonable price, but did find another slice of Japanese psych from Black Editions in the form of High Rise - II. Heavy and intense, bit like Mainliner but with shorter sharper songs.

I have to say Discogs is a bit dangerous, my vinyl collection is still in its infancy but it's also good for finding rare CDs when they pop up. When something appears at a good price (and also in the UK as shipping can be brutal) it's hard to resist! Some other recent purchases include:
White Manna - Live Frequencies
Ghost - Second Time Around
Magik Markers - The Voldoror Dance
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Latest bunch...

Sleepy Sun - Maui Tears 2LP
Sleepy Sun - Embrace LP
Sleepy Sun - Spine Hits LP
Beachwood Sparks - S/T (2LP reissue)
Kikagaku Moyo - Stone Garden EP (reissue)
Asteroid #4 - Northern Songs LP
Sonic Boom - All Things Being Equal (Jap. CD)
Sinner DC - The Sonic Boom Mixes 12"
Spacemen 3 - Perfect Prescription LP (blue vinyl reissue on Fire from a few years ago)
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

New:

ACR: Loco
New Order: Power, Corruption and Lies Box Set
Durutti Column: Idiot Savants
Matthew Halsall: Salute to the Sun
Sault: 7
Sault: Untitled (Rise)
Sault: Untitled (Black Is)

Also, a shedload of Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds LPs second hand as thy were very keenly priced and in beautiful condition.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Eddie & The Hot Rods - Get Your Rocks Off
Oulu Space Jam Collective - Harvest Sage
Fleetwood Mac - Alternative Rumours
Goose - 2020/09/17 South Farms, Morris, CT (download)
The Beat of the Earth - s/t
Centre el Muusa - s/t
Aquarian-Time
Known user

Post by Aquarian-Time »

Asteroid #4-Northern Songs
Six By seven-Dream On (vol 11) I have them all now, sort of ambient, krautrock stuff
Beatles-White Album (2018 re-issue)
Bob Mould-Blue Hearts
Pink Floyd -Relics Mono re issue
Nick Masons Saucerful Of secrets 3 Lp and the Blu Ray, absolutely fantastic
Osees- Protean Threat
Sly& The Family Stone -There's a Riot Going On (original press with bonus 7")
Mercury Rev-Secret Migration -5 cd box set
Doves-The Universal Want (box set) Excellent album
Stephen malkmus & The Jicks-Sparkle Hard
Throwing Muses-Sun Racket
Fleetwood mac everything from the 1970-74 period. Wonderful stuff, I think Midlake maybe listened to an album or two !
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Bobby Gentry- The Delta Sweete 2x LP
Replacements- Inconcerated 3x LP
Kelley Stoltz- Crockodiles LP
Free Slope- Daydream Melodies clear vinyl LP
LAGWAFIS VMP 2x LP
Stooges- Goose Lake LP
White Stripes- De Stijl 20th Anniversary box LP
Rolling Stones- Goats Head Soup- deluxe CD

Some great d/l from Bandcamp:
Chicos De Nazca- Love Triumph
Foxtrot Sierra- Ersatz Cowboy
Free /Slope- Isolation Drone
The Aliens- Electronville
Mote- Smalas
Bosques- Mutaciones
Luna- Marquee Moon
Polska Radio One
davedecay
Known user

Post by davedecay »

Mogwai - Every Country's Sun
Mogwai - Rock Action
The Daktaris - Soul Explosion
R.E.M. - The Best Of R.E.M. At The BBC
Spacemen 3 - Live In Europe 1989 (RSD)
Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Spiritualized - Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space (VMP)
Elton Motello - Victim Of Time
The Beach Boys - Carl And The Passions - So Tough / Pet Sounds
Doug Sahm And Band - Doug Sahm And Band
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

Mogwai - As The Love Continues,
Blanck Mass - In Ferneaux,
Burial & Blackdown - Shock Power Of Love `12 ep
Burial, Four Tet & Thom Yorke - Her Revolution `12 ep
Flowered Up - Weekender `12 ep
The Lucid Dream - The Deep End,
Glasvegas - Godspeed,
Sleep - Iommic Life,
Hill - Frid,
Djinn - Transmission,
William Doyle - Great Spans Of Muddy Time,
Sonic Boom - Almost Nothing Is Nearly Enough
Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
Carlton Melton - Where This Leads,

That might be the first Carlton Melton release I`ve been disappointed by, musically treading water, bad pressing and compared to previous efforts the sleeve just seems at bit cheap, their cover art was always impressive can`t say that this time, :|
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Birthday haul (incl pre-orders, which seems to be the norm with new albums!)

The Heads - Relaxing With... reissue LP (preorder)
BMX Bandits - Star Wars reissue LP
Teenage Fanclub - Endless Arcade LP
Bardo Pond - Is There a Heaven? EP
Bardo Pond - Vol.8 LP
Curanderos - S/T LP (Bardo Pond side project)
Dino Jr - Sweep It Into Space LP
Spectrum - Indian Summer EP (friend found a duplicate and sent it on)
Acid Rooster - Irrlichter LP (preorder)
Dead Skeletons - (Orð) EP

Think i have an album a week coming over the next two months. #firstworldproblems :lol: For me, thats bordering on silly!
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Sole - Selling Live Water
Sonic Boom - Almost Nothing Is Nearly Enough
The Velvet Underground - Velvet Underground (Golden Archive Series)
Warning - Watching from A Distance
Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
rapideye
Known user

Post by rapideye »

Apart from Pure Phase...

GYBE - Luciferian Towers
GYBE - G_d's Pee At State End
Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - Carnage
Nick Cave & Bad Seeds - The Firstborn Is Dead
New Order - Movement
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I've not bought much since late last year. In addition to the SPZ reissues I've bought the following:

Durutti Column: Sex and Death 2xLP reissue [This was a freebie and I got a thank you in the sleeve notes. They used some of my tapes of DC demos for the extra disk]
Sedibus: The Heavens
Sons of Kemet: Black to the Future
Cheval Sombre: Days Go By
Can: Live In Stuttgart 1975
The Doors: The Doors (Mono reissue via Vinyl Me Please)
Darkside: Psychic
Miles Davis & John Coltrane - The Final Tour: Paris, March 21, 1960
Mogwai: Zero Zero Zero
FSOL:We have Explosive
FSOL: Accelerator

Some CDs were also purchased
The Delines: The Night Always Comes
Various Artists: Trojan Box Set Dub Vol 1 & 2