Slipstream

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

clewsr
Known user

Slipstream

Post by clewsr »

so did anyone make it on Friday night? I didn't sadly, even thouigh I was in the area.

What was it like?
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

I did, and Andy B did too. I think it's fair to say it was your loss and our gain ... they were blummin' good. Lots and lots of new stuff, which took up where the newer stuff of Transendental left off.

Started off with "Tonight's the night" and the last but one song was "Anything and Everything", I think two of the songs were the downloadable one from the Slistream site and one song had the Sway riff at the end.

They're at the Roadmenders soon ... go!
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

cheers Slim. Disappointing we didn't make it. It would help if my girlfriend could stay awake past 10.00pm!

Was it just two of them, or was Ray Dickaty there on sax too?

I'll see if I can make the roadmenders...
DJ Sulkykid
Known user

Post by DJ Sulkykid »

It would help if my girlfriend could stay awake past 10.00pm!

...feed her with class A's it'll take your whole relationship to a new level
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

Just the two of them.
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

DJ Sulkykid wrote:It would help if my girlfriend could stay awake past 10.00pm!

...feed her with class A's it'll take your whole relationship to a new level
it might be an option after the baby is born. At the moment, I can safely say that would be unwise.
DJ Sulkykid
Known user

Post by DJ Sulkykid »

that's it...I can't fucking stand it any more...Why is everybody on this board so FUCKING SENSIBLE...?!?AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! B O L L O C K S
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

[quote="DJ Sulkykid]I'm sick of all the stiffs...I'm sick of all the pricks...I'm bored[/quote]

oh go fuck yourself. If you're so bored and everyone is so dull go find somewhere else to play. there isn't exactly much going on here anyway. Maybe you should take some of your crazy class a's. - oh, how rebellious.

knobhead.
DJ Sulkykid
Known user

Post by DJ Sulkykid »

I think I'm gonna fuck myself...bye bye ass wipes
DJ Sulkykid
Known user

Post by DJ Sulkykid »

oh go fuck yourself. If you're so bored and everyone is so dull go find somewhere else to play. there isn't exactly much going on here anyway. Maybe you should take some of your crazy class a's. - oh, how rebellious.

knobhead.[/quote]

just one question for you Clewless...does your mum write your posts for you or are you this dull and listless naturally ?
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

perhaps I am just humourless today. But your posts don't exactly sparkle with wit and humour.

Oh sorry - Clewless.. I take it all back, you are a comedian.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

and while the one time keyboardist and mr clews continue to argue.

i went to the labour club it was lovely, it always is there....where else can you watch bands in front of a grimethorpe colliery band poster. whilst drinking dew drop (ok, maybe you can in hebden bridge trades club, but few other places)

there was family down the front, even kids on stools. and the jazz butcher. there was even an oil lamp. rotating as well.

a lovely night, in a lovely venue really. they didnt play much old stuff, mostly new, the mattock wall of drumming more then filled the place, and i caught a sway riff somewhere in it all. and marks bought a vocoder.

look, they've got a lovely new website which tells you all you need to know (southerners may wish to note the new london date in november)

http://www.slipstreamweb.co.uk/
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

Hello Andy! That was my boy (and me missus), sat on the stools at the front (+ my mate & his son). We were all knackered, but what a fantastic show! And a great venue, but seriously smoky (yeah - it must be my age).

Maybe see you at the next gig...

Pete
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

hehe, its mad that you can have a venue that lets you do that. which is good of course.

bizzarley, i went to school with hosts of people called spiby, but then thats lutterworth for you, its an odd place, spacemen 3 signed their record deal there after all. you are'nt related to any of them are you?
slim
Known user

Post by slim »

Spiby wrote:Hello Andy! That was my boy (and me missus), sat on the stools at the front (+ my mate & his son). We were all knackered, but what a fantastic show! And a great venue, but seriously smoky (yeah - it must be my age).

Maybe see you at the next gig...

Pete
So, over your left shoulder you had Andy and over your right shoulder you had me and directly behind you was Pat Fish.
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

indeed

although no carruthers and laz, who were presumably ensconced in a notable (and highly recommended) drugby pub.

i went with the fantastic lee allatson from the band misterlee who themsleves play a masters of budvar night for pat fish in feb 2006