Lone Pigeon

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

candy-cane-girl
Known user

Lone Pigeon

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Don't know if any of you were there for the gig over the Orange Evolution weekend, but Lone Pigeon has re-issued some of his earlier CDs, that features some workings of tunes from Concubine Rice and schmooooziii (or however it is spelt).

The CDs are

28 Secret Tracks, Honda Hedge and Moses.

All equally as good as one another, some a little bizarr-o in places but thats what you would expect!

Worth getting Moses for "sitting on a toadstool" alone, anyway, you have to email the man himself if you want one and the email is:

lonepigeon@hotmail.co.uk

(saw him post this on the aliens website and thought i should relay the message!)

Oh also this:
His next release will be an album entitled 'Baby Piano'. they are giving it away, no cash required... though they do ask that you consider making a voluntary donation of ten quid to a charity of your choice.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

THE LONE PIGEON RULES

Post by BzaInSpace »

I was kindly given a cassette of '(Gord's) 28 Secret Tracks' a few years back. Murky sound, but completely beautiful. Also shocking [well, it was to me at the time :oops: ]to find where the chorus of 'Dry the rain' originated.
I think Gord gets a credit on the Beta Band version though.

Candy-Cane, do any of the other two albums have a song called 'Rise Don't You Stop' on it? I have loved this song for some time too, but have been unable to locate it.... What a song indeed though. Magical

And the idea of the record-cash-goes-to-charity is indeed an excellent idea, but really the big fucking bands should be made to adopt this practise immediately with their next shareholder-happy 'major release'.
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

More information can be found here Jigs:

http://fencerecords.com/tunes/lp_moses.htm

With more tracklistings here:

http://www.btinternet.com/~andy.jlove/discog.htm

No rise dont stop, though you could always email him and find out where you can get it? There is Hondahedge, which I dont know the tracks of.

And sadly I am one of these people who just can not ever remember the name of songs, EVER!

Anyway, i hope you find joy in your purchases!
drones
Known user

Post by drones »

Ahh, the fence collective, I read an article about "that lot" in a broadsheet, recently (They have these cumbersome things, in the foyer at work!)

I holiday in the East Neuk of Fife every odd weekend, never knew they had an underground scene.

take care
I only feel right
with a football at my side