turntable help

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

SpaceLine
Known user

turntable help

Post by SpaceLine »

way off any topic, but i assume there are some folks here who use turntables. i've got a sony direct drive deck and lately i've been noticing that the albums all seem warped when i play them. that's the best way i can describe it. i think there is something amiss with the platter, but i don't know much about them. is there generally a way to adjust them? i know how to set the arm and all that, and i redid that today to make sure. i tried 7 or 8 records so i don't think it's them, i doubt they are all warped. any suggestions? i finally got higs lows and heavenly blows and i don't want to play it if my turntable might screw it up somehow. thanks!
mbv
Known user

Post by mbv »

I'm having a similar problem on my Technics SL-150, it only started the other day. It slows down and then speeds up again throughout the record. maybe it needs oiling? or dusting? :lol:
"Hot damn! Let us rumble, keep going and don't slow down ... lets have a little fun ..."
- Hunter S Thompson
TheWarmth
Known user

turntable help

Post by TheWarmth »

Hello Spaceline,
I have a vintage Sansui direct drive table and I ran into this problem once, too. I took it in to my audio repair guy who normally works on my old guitar pedals and he fixed it in no time. I'm not sure what he did or what the specific problem was, but it can't be that big of a deal because he didn't charge me much. If you can't work it out yourself, I'd suggest taking it to an audio repair shop. Hope that helps.
good dope/good fun
Known user

Post by good dope/good fun »

I have 2 Technics 1200MK2's.
I have had them for years and they have never ever given me any problems.
They might be a little expensive, but are the best that money can buy.
I am serious about my vinyl and spare no expense in terms of quality in my components.
Sorry I can't help you out with your problem.