Courtesy to others

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Jasonsmith
Known user

Courtesy to others

Post by Jasonsmith »

This is a heartfelt appeal to everyone who comes on here to please think before posting scatalogical abuse and absurd threats. Who does it serve? I think the anonymity afforded by the web is part of problem. I wonder how many of these posters would bother if everyone used their own name and their partner/mother/child could see that the sum total of their contribution to a discussion is making crude composite pictures, writing torrents of four-letter abuse, or macho bravado. It reminds me a lot of people who scratch their initials or four-letter words on train windows. They may think it's the last word in teenage rebellion, valid self-expression, making their mark, or 'just a laugh' but for the overwhelming majority of people it's a pointless act of vandalism that makes our world that little bit uglier and more depressing. There's enough ugliness in this world (Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea spring to mind) without being confronted with the verbal equivalent of antisocial behaviour on a site that should be involved with discussion about some of the most beautiful and uplifting music that I know.
I for one would welcome a function on this board where individual users could block posts from chosen individuals. On the other hand if one of these posters (you know who you are) would like to continue this thread and try and present a rational argument as to why they feel justified in hijacking threads for foul-mouthed rants and personal arguments then I'm sure not only I would be all ears. Someone made the comment that people in North Korea are being killed for campaigning for free speech. One would only hope that if they ever win it, they will treat it more preciously and use it more wisely than some of the recent posters on this board who only seem interested in using their right to free speech to generate confrontation and cause offence.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

well said
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

courtesy is good.

but what´s that about four-letter words.. you are not asking for censorship, are you?

moustachio anyone?
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Not censorship, rather self-censorship. I can swear with the best of them (in two languages!) when someone cuts me up on the motorway or my computer crashes before I've had the chance to back-up the last hour's work, but I would never dream of coming on here and subjecting anyone to a torrent of abuse or using language that I thought might be offensive or upsetting to others. I think a basic rule of thumb might be if you wouldn't say it in front of your mum/kids, then you should think hard before saying it on here. That way you make this little corner of thze virtual world a better place :D
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

I think you're reading too much into it.

But what makes me smile is how there's always some budding peacemaker on hand to start a 'stop the fighting' type thread, which just draws more attention to the whole thing and allows it to drag on.
Haha.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Well I for one am sick of it and I'm not prepared to look away any more. I don't care if people live out their petty squabbles in online forums, I'd just rather that if they have to do it here — a space (allegedly) dedicated to a band that I care deeply about and one that plays an important part in my life — they spare a second to consider the feelings of other members of the human race. Too much to ask?
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

Jasonsmith wrote:Well I for one am sick of it and I'm not prepared to look away any more.
Right on, brother!! Stand!! Fight for your right to party-poop!! You have you to complete or there is no deal!!

Seriously, though-- Mr. Big Buttocks from the other thread is free to step in and declare some peace any time he likes. Or not. I couldn't care less.
But so long as someone is here flattering themselves into thinking they can bust my balls, I'll happily entertain myself at that person's expense.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

sweet :roll:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

carpenters_fan wrote:
Jasonsmith wrote:Well I for one am sick of it and I'm not prepared to look away any more.
Right on, brother!! Stand!! Fight for your right to party-poop!! You have you to complete or there is no deal!!

Seriously, though-- Mr. Big Buttocks from the other thread is free to step in and declare some peace any time he likes. Or not. I couldn't care less.
But so long as someone is here flattering themselves into thinking they can bust my balls, I'll happily entertain myself at that person's expense.
Our fine National Health Service has excellent mental health treatment facilities. I would happily suggest you avail yourself of them at the taxpayers' expense.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

All rather mystifying frankly. I'm with Jason on this one. I'm guessing most people are too.
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

I agree with Runcible et al. This is getting very tired.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

They Transmit wrote:I agree with Runcible et al. This is getting very tired.
I think you're right, sorry if I stoked the fire with my post above, just couldn't resist a bit of twisted wordplay :oops:

BTW how was the Damo Suziki gig? I've not had a chance to speak to TEY or anyone that went yet due to pressure of work.
They Transmit
Known user

Post by They Transmit »

Hey Mojo, wasn't directed at thee.
The Sonic Cathedral gig was great fun, we played very loudly and that made me happy LOL.
TEY where great and their set with Damo was nothing short of ace, very CAN in feel and vibe.
Kontakte have been booked to support Damo again at the end of this month at Bardens Boudoir so I'm really looking forward to that show as I think I might be playing guitar in the Damo Suzuki backing band. Oh Mother Sky!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Eat-lights-Become-lights/225847625393
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

They Transmit wrote:Hey Mojo, wasn't directed at thee.
The Sonic Cathedral gig was great fun, we played very loudly and that made me happy LOL.
TEY where great and their set with Damo was nothing short of ace, very CAN in feel and vibe.
Kontakte have been booked to support Damo again at the end of this month at Bardens Boudoir so I'm really looking forward to that show as I think I might be playing guitar in the Damo Suzuki backing band. Oh Mother Sky!!
Hey for a Can fan that must seem pretty special - I know how excited Dave Phil & Roger were about the Legion do. Have PM'd you with a more sensitive question. I guess Damo must still have it after all these years - best of luck to you for your gig!
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

Post by Goodnightgoodnight »

I agree with everyone except carpenters fan, who should really get it out of his system in the real world, instead of coming on here and mouthing off at anyone who so much as looks at him funny.... its pointless and stupid as hell.
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

Goodnightgoodnight wrote:I agree with everyone except carpenters fan, who should really get it out of his system in the real world, instead of coming on here and mouthing off at anyone who so much as looks at him funny.... its pointless and stupid as hell.
Yawn, one more herd-following, free-thought dodging, consensus-obeying nonentity. Oh, and you've been here all of a fortnight, too. You must really know your shit.
Mr. Sheep, you're walking all over your own self now. Walk on.

NEXT!!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

carpenters_fan wrote:
Goodnightgoodnight wrote:I agree with everyone except carpenters fan, who should really get it out of his system in the real world, instead of coming on here and mouthing off at anyone who so much as looks at him funny.... its pointless and stupid as hell.
Yawn, one more herd-following, free-thought dodging, consensus-obeying nonentity. Oh, and you've been here all of a fortnight, too. You must really know your shit.
Mr. Sheep, you're walking all over your own self now. Walk on.

NEXT!!
Ok, I've tried to stear clear of this, but god, you're as trying as a screaming infant.

Thus far, your contribution to Spiritualized related conversation and topics = 0

Most newbies don't usually introduce themselves to this board by showing their arse to everyone. Nope, not a great way to make friends or have your point(s) taken seriously. In the past, a few of your ilk have come and gone around here rather quickly. Unless you have something to offer other than your heard-it-all-before-drivel, a quick exit, or at least an end to your screaming child postings, is most welcome. Seriously, take a look at how you come across . . .
I think I feel it coming on
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

purespace wrote:Nope, not a great way to make friends...
Ain't trying to make friends. If I had any more, I'd just be turning 'em away. The idea of being taken 'seriously' makes me spew.

And I ain't no noob, dood. I'm an old ghost.

Apart from a little flurry of chat over the shows and bitching over item-costs, hardly anybody here is talking Spz, bear it in mind.
When Jason gets his arse in gear and makes a new proper Spz LP for me to buy and take home, I'll be among the first to comment. Discussed his past glories back in the day, then moved on. There's more to dig.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

"And I ain't no noob, dood. I'm an old ghost."

which makes it all the worse actually. spleen venting is obviously helping you out.

so, you've come back just to shit all over the lawn then. making the world a bit better right. well done. carry on. more crap to filter through and avoid.

and you're wrong. there's plenty happening with the new gigs/songs/downloads that others have made available on this forum. So baz mark III, I don't understand how a "well bred" lad such as youself can carry all that inside of you. as you suggested, go dig something somewhere else.

really.
Last edited by purespace on Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

carpenters_fan wrote:.

And I ain't no noob, dood. I'm an old ghost. .
Now thats just funny. You on your period or something? Maybe a long lie down in a dark room will chill you out...
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

purespace wrote:so, you've come back just to shit all over the lawn then. making the world a bit better right. well done. carry on.
Yeah, just like...botox/Re-Evolution. And all the other dissers who do so much to further the good round here.

Some people need to look in the mirror before they criticise. I unwittingly crashed a thread where people were being called 'dickheads', were being met with all the same old prejudices for just having the nerve to question the cost of stuff in the store. By who? Some dudes who loudly complain about how the board is shit now and full of dickheads, but contribute nothing to generate any upswing. Go figure.
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

Goodnightgoodnight wrote:Now thats just funny. You on your period or something? Maybe a long lie down in a dark room will chill you out...
Err, yeah. Whatever. Keep on rockin', Chumplestiltskin. Be sure and let the board know if Mummy gets you that Spector box for Chrimbo.
purespace wrote:as you suggested, go dig something somewhere else.
I dig my bed
You dig my bed
I dig my grave
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

"Like a rolling stone,

Like a rolling stone,

DIG IT, DIG IT, DIG IT, DIG IT......."
carpenters_fan
Known user

Post by carpenters_fan »

"Gentlemen, he said
I don't need your organization, I've shined your shoes
I've moved your mountains and marked your cards
But Eden is burning, either brace yourself for elimination
Or else your hearts must have the courage for the changing of the guards

Peace will come
With tranquility and splendor on the wheels of fire
But will bring us no reward when her false idols fall
And cruel death surrenders with its pale ghost retreating
Between the King and the Queen of Swords"
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

carpenters_fan wrote:""

maybe you should give your mum a call or sign up to those therapy lessons? Dr Johnston is looking forward to your return

*sigh*

now i'm doing it
Goodnightgoodnight
Known user

oh forget it... its a forum for gods sake, theres more important things in life... still can't quite see why u get so worked up all the time, short fuse or otherwise
John Smith
New user

Post by John Smith »

Goodnightgoodnight wrote:still can't quite see why u get so worked up all the time
For the same reason some poor stricken mod felt so stung by one of my posts to the "bitchin" thread - and its zero bullshit cuts to the red raw meat of the matter - that he was compelled to delete it in a failed effort to deny the inherent truth and authority it spoke with (and still speaks with)...because we're ALIVE, man. And where life is, there shall follow blood and thunder.
Amen.
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

John Smith wrote:
Goodnightgoodnight wrote:still can't quite see why u get so worked up all the time
For the same reason some poor stricken mod felt so stung by one of my posts to the "bitchin" thread - and its zero bullshit cuts to the red raw meat of the matter - that he was compelled to delete it in a failed effort to deny the inherent truth and authority it spoke with (and still speaks with)...because we're ALIVE, man. And where life is, there shall follow blood and thunder.
Amen.
it all makes sense now John Smith Carpenter Fan Baz Mark III, et. al. you were publicly slighted, taken to task on this board, felt the "almighty hand" of a mod, got booted, feel compelled to publicly grind your face saving axe and get the last word in, claim that everyone but you are lemmings because you're not allowed to post your swastica eyes pics ad nauseum, claim there is nothing happening here yet continue to hang out under 4-5 new user IDs per week, and THEN. wait for it. tell everyone else to get. a. life. if you believe half of what you've posted about how shit this board's become, you'd have fucked off to the other end of the net by now and left us lemmings to our cliffs. but you can't. your well bred egos won't let you. do you understand how boring and pathetic your posts have become? you weren't always this way, but you are now. nobody gets anything of worth from your posts. you come here to feed your egos. b.o.r.i.n.g. m.a.n. b.o.r.i.n.g.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

is this the internet equivalent of ramming your head into wall?
i think it is.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

John Smith wrote: For the same reason some poor stricken mod felt so stung by one of my posts to the "bitchin" thread - and its zero bullshit cuts to the red raw meat of the matter - that he was compelled to delete it in a failed effort to deny the inherent truth and authority it spoke with (and still speaks with)...
Are you thinking of the composite picture of the t-shirt and the dog poo?

But seriously 'John', have you ever stopped and asked yourself why you feel the need to spread so much negativity, belittle other people views, and regard most of the world's population as your inferior? I live in Germany, where exactly these ideas did, and regrettably still do, cause untold misery. In one of your earlier posts you spoke about the deep sense of self-hate that everyone has. I'm going to disagree with you here, because like Pop Staples says 'If you disrespect everybody that you run into, how in the world do you think anybody's supposed to respect you? Respect yourself.
Here's another thing to think about. Couldn't you spend your time more productively? You wrote once about wanting to spread your positive energy when you feel good. Go ahead! Call someone you love and and tell them! Plant a tree! Help an old lady across the street! You'll feel better about yourself.
A life-changing event earlier this year taught me one extremely important lesson. You are a long time dead, and if you make the world a better place while you're alive, it hasn't all been in vain.
Someone has PMed me asking that I simply ignore you, but since you toned down the agressiveness of your language I'm happy to engage, and I'm looking forward to hearing anything you have to say, because as you say, you contribute interesting and informative content to other forums. The multiple personalities thing is a bit creepy though.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

Oh, this thread is genius. And i'm being quite serious...its a total farce...brilliant!!!

Perhaps a new and fifth spiritualized forum thread should be opened up -

Music
Gigs
Other
Spaceman 3
Bitchin'

Could turn out to be the most used and most entertaining thread.

Yeah, yeah, i know...if i've got nothing useful to say, don't say anything...blah...blah.

I reckon its got more to do with the fact not much is happening on this whole forum and not much is happening with the band at the moment. Sexual frustration but with spiritualized. The acoustic gigs were just a quick hand-j*b...alright for the time, but it just won't keep ya satisfied for very long.

Now there's a pleasant metaphor.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

gimperella wrote:Oh, this thread is genius. And i'm being quite serious...its a total farce...brilliant!!!

Perhaps a new and fifth spiritualized forum thread should be opened up -

Music
Gigs
Other
Spaceman 3
Bitchin'

Could turn out to be the most used and most entertaining thread.
what a bitchin' idea!! 8)
Spam-A-Lam-A-Ding-Dong
New user

Post by Spam-A-Lam-A-Ding-Dong »

purespace wrote:it all makes sense now John Smith Carpenter Fan Baz Mark III, et. al. you were publicly slighted, taken to task on this board, felt the "almighty hand" of a mod, got booted, feel compelled to publicly grind your face saving axe and get the last word in
Nope. As usual, you're barking up the wrong tree. The reference was to a post made yesterday, from way after it all kicked off. That it cut so venemously to the point of the matter, and so immaculately exposed and shamed the hypocrisy of the dissers, was evidenced by it's meek removal (non-offensive as the content was).
So I was CELEBRATING it's truth-in-the-moment, not bemoaning its deletion.
And you're among the most b.o.r.i.n.g. people God ever scraped from beneath the toenail of creation.
So...

YOU CAN THROW YOUR GODDAMN COCKS AND I DON'T CARE! YOU PRICKS CAN THROW EVERYTHING IN THE GODDAMN WORLD, AND YOUR GIRLFRIEND'LL STILL LOVE ME! 'CAUSE YOU'RE PAYIN' 10 BUCKS AND I'M MAKIN' A THOUSAND, BABY! SO SCREW YA!
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

How does one throw one's cock, anyway?
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

gimperella wrote:How does one throw one's cock, anyway?
Carefully!
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

gimperella wrote:I reckon its got more to do with the fact not much is happening on this whole forum and not much is happening with the band at the moment.
Hi

If you access the main Spz site you will have your attention drawn to a unique musical experience currently happening (that may never happen again - oh please Lord let there be an official recording) called Acoustic Mainlines where a gentleman by the name of Jason Pierce under the moniker of J.Spaceman is playing concerts across the country that have produced feedback more positive than the initial reviews of Pet Sounds.

As for the forum, a committed and hard-working member has cleaned up some recordings of the St Mary's gig and posted them on yousendit for those yet to witness this once-in-a-lifetime musical spectacle, in addition to the other kindly members who are making sure the music of Spiritualized (& SM3) is appreciated in the best possible way for as many as possible, despite the fact thaqt most gigs on the current Acoustic Mainlines tour are sold out.

PS If anyone is interested in tix for Queens Hall in Edinburgh there are still some left - PM me for details as it's a bit complicated but I got one a few days ago after gig was officially sold out. This is not an offer akin to eBay whoring, by the way!
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Don't you remember Percy Thrower?
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

Starfish wrote:

Don't you remember Percy Thrower?
I might regret this, but...er...no

(edit ten minutes later: hold on, think i just got that...)
Last edited by gimperella on Tue Nov 07, 2006 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

mojo filters wrote:
gimperella wrote:I reckon its got more to do with the fact not much is happening on this whole forum and not much is happening with the band at the moment.
Hi

If you access the main Spz site you will have your attention drawn to a unique musical experience currently happening (that may never happen again - oh please Lord let there be an official recording) called Acoustic Mainlines where a gentleman by the name of Jason Pierce under the moniker of J.Spaceman is playing concerts across the country that have produced feedback more positive than the initial reviews of Pet Sounds.

As for the forum, a committed and hard-working member has cleaned up some recordings of the St Mary's gig and posted them on yousendit for those yet to witness this once-in-a-lifetime musical spectacle, in addition to the other kindly members who are making sure the music of Spiritualized (& SM3) is appreciated in the best possible way for as many as possible, despite the fact thaqt most gigs on the current Acoustic Mainlines tour are sold out
Wow, that was really very patronising towards me. If you had read the next sentance of my post, you would've realised that i mentioned the acoustic mainlines as i compared them to sexual frustration and a quick hand-job. I presume you have never experienced this as you would realise that as good as the hand-job was, and as much as you appreciate it, it just makes you want a shag even more. Clearly you are not intelligent so i will spell this out...replace 'hand-job' with 'acoustic mainline gigs' and replace 'shag' by 'album'. Its a metaphor (maybe - long time since i was at school). Not amusing (not meant to be) - it was just the easiest way for me to give my opinion as to why there is so much arguing on this forum. It was my opinion and my opinion alone. I came to that conclusion on my own and without external help. I am allowed to have an opinion and i am allowed to voice said opinion - hence the need for a 'forum'. Clearly i was wrong in my opinion, and i apologise. Clearly the real reason as to all the arguements is closely linked to the patronising, arrogant, illiterate, knob-heads like you. Thank you. I await the inevitable and as-pointless-as-this-post backlash.

I apologise for having a short fuse, but i would like to point out i have never got into an arguement where i haven't been sticking up for myself.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

Sorry, what was the title of this thread?
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

'Courtesy to others'
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

exactly
Spamuel L. Jackson

Post by Spamuel L. Jackson »

Davey, for a guy who lives in the Bath, your posts sure do stink!

(just joshing, man. har)
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

Is that a dig at me davey? If i'm poked by a big stick whilst i'm trying to sleep, take it for granted i'm going to say something. If it was a dig at me davey, can you please justify why i shouldn't say something if i'm being poked at by a big stick whilst i'm trying to sleep?

This is very reminiscent of our spat davey. So, once and for all davey, please justify why i should not be allowed to say something, or why i must bite my tongue, or smile and bear it, if (and only if) i am being poked at by a big stick.

Also, please justify why you have now jumped in on this because all you have done is seemingly fan the flames and make this much worse than it really is.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

gimperella wrote:Is that a dig at me davey? If i'm poked by a big stick whilst i'm trying to sleep, take it for granted i'm going to say something. If it was a dig at me davey, can you please justify why i shouldn't say something if i'm being poked at by a big stick whilst i'm trying to sleep?

This is very reminiscent of our spat davey. So, once and for all davey, please justify why i should not be allowed to say something, or why i must bite my tongue, or smile and bear it, if (and only if) i am being poked at by a big stick.

Also, please justify why you have now jumped in on this because all you have done is seemingly fan the flames and make this much worse than it really is.
Read your own posts, put them in context of the point Jason Smith was wishing to make when he started this thread, and see if you can work out whether or not it was a dig at you.

PS, on a forum where most people try to be as anonymous as possible, why are things taken so personally?

And see if you construct a reply without resorting to swearing, name calling and the use of mono-syllabic abuse. It demonstrates a lack of vocabulary, and poor grasp of the English language.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

davey wrote:Read your own posts, put them in context of the point Jason Smith was wishing to make when he started this thread, and see if you can work out whether or not it was a dig at you.

And see if you construct a reply without resorting to swearing, name calling and the use of mono-syllabic abuse. It demonstrates a lack of vocabulary, and poor grasp of the English language.
C*nt.

If my use of english is so very very basic, why then do you not answer my questions which i asked directly to you? Is it because you do not understand the question - are you not a literary fellow? I would be happy to reword it a little, just say. Or is it, as i suspect, that i have a point and if you back down you think it will make you look like a fool when admitting a dick like me has said point? Please answer my questions or please be quiet on matters which do not involve you.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

gimperella wrote:
davey wrote:Read your own posts, put them in context of the point Jason Smith was wishing to make when he started this thread, and see if you can work out whether or not it was a dig at you.

C*nt.

If my use of english is so very very basic, why then do you not answer my questions which i asked directly to you? Is it because you do not understand the question - are you not a literary fellow? I would be happy to reword it a little, just say. Or is it, as i suspect, that i have a point and if you back down you think it will make you look like a fool when admitting a dick like me has said point? Please answer my questions or please be quiet on matters which do not involve you.

Ok, I'll use plain english for you, as all the subtleties of our fine tongue seem lost on you.

In a thread entitled 'courtesy to others' you were displaying a huge lack of 'courtesy to others'. Do you not see the delicious irony there?

You've made a valuable contribution to this thread, as you have clearly demonstrated the lack of courtesy that exists that the foresighted Jason Smith was highlighting. Actions speak louder than words. Well done from all of us.
Spamuel L. Jackson

davey wrote:demonstrated the lack of courtesy that exists that the foresighted Jason Smith was highlighting.
The foreskinsighted Jasonsmith needs to read a little more carefully, my man.
I was the first person to be jibed at during the exchanges which led to the uproar in that thread, and the guy doing the jibing had already opined that the majority of members here were dickheads by the time I offered the 2cents that caused him to spit piss in my direction. Then some loser with zero to contribute (check his glittering post-history for proof) waded in, and it all went nuclear.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

davey wrote:Ok, I'll use plain english for you, as all the subtleties of our fine tongue seem lost on you.

In a thread entitled 'courtesy to others' you were displaying a huge lack of 'courtesy to others'. Do you not see the delicious irony there?

You've made a valuable contribution to this thread, as you have clearly demonstrated the lack of courtesy that exists that the foresighted Jason Smith was highlighting. Actions speak louder than words. Well done from all of us.
Davey, i have asked you to answer my questions twice now. I have also pm'd you, to try and agree to draw a line under all of this and not respond to each others posts, as clearly we both rub each other up the wrong way. Despite my effort to try and rationalise trivialites or come to some sort of truce with you, you simple ignore this and bulldoze on. The comments i posted replied to someone else's post which i felt patronised and insulted me in a way which was unfair and unjust. So i said that was how i felt. Perhaps not in the finest queens english i admit, but said it all the same. You then bulldozed into something which didn't concern you and started repremanding me, without even a by-your-leave for the contents of the post i replied to. Again. So, for the third time davey, i ask of you, please justify your actions be answering my questions as this has gone on way too much, yet again. And as soon as this is settled, can you please ignore my posts as i have been ignoring yours because i find you irratating, obnoxious, patronising and rather pathetic - clearly we rub each other up the wrong way. Be both have and can contribute to this board in a positive way, however clearly not with each other.

I apologise to everyone else for this (yet another) arguement being on the board, however I have tried to discuss this with davey over pm's, however he has, for whatever reason, chosen to air this in public.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

Spamuel L. Jackson wrote:
davey wrote:demonstrated the lack of courtesy that exists that the foresighted Jason Smith was highlighting.
The foreskinsighted Jasonsmith needs to read a little more carefully, my man.
I was the first person to be jibed at during the exchanges which led to the uproar in that thread, and the guy doing the jibing had already opined that the majority of members here were dickheads by the time I offered the 2cents that caused him to spit piss in my direction. Then some loser with zero to contribute (check his glittering post-history for proof) waded in, and it all went nuclear.
Thats not what I meant. To quote MrSmith:

"This is a heartfelt appeal to everyone who comes on here to please think before posting scatalogical abuse and absurd threats. Who does it serve? I think the anonymity afforded by the web is part of problem. I wonder how many of these posters would bother if everyone used their own name and their partner/mother/child could see that the sum total of their contribution to a discussion is making crude composite pictures, writing torrents of four-letter abuse, or macho bravado."

Thats what I meant. And to be fair to the guy, he's right.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

So its ok to belittle, patronise, discriminate and abuse people providing its in the queens good english. That isn't what you mean, i'm sure, but it is what you are saying.
Spamuel L. Jackson

davey wrote:Thats what I meant. And to be fair to the guy, he's right.
Yeah, but that whole passage was directed at me. And to be fair to the guy, he's dead wrong. What he's talking about isn't the "sum total of my contribution" here or anywhere. I'm as fucking passionate about music as (if not 1000 times more passionate than) anyone here, so to be told that I do jackshit by fuckin' tards like botox - whose whole post-history reads like a litany of snarks at other members and FUCK ALL ELSE - is bound to draw a fiery response from me.
That's where Jasonsmith needs to get his shit squared up. I was treated with discourtesy first, then I hit back. All he's REALLY holding against me - holding up as a misleading example of my supposedly igniting the conflict - was that I took a shot at the way in which Spz THE BRAND manage their commercial end...and why should that be taken as a slight on anyone here? Either literally or as some kind of meta-insult (ie. I slagged their fave lil pop band's lil shop)? Spiritualized is about the sounds and not the commerce, right?
I'll say what I like about corny merch, and if somebody don't like it...TS.
Last edited by Spamuel L. Jackson on Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spamuel L. Jackson

gimperella wrote:So its ok to belittle, patronise, discriminate and abuse people providing its in the queens good english.
Exactly. Right again. It's ok to snark, bitch and take shots...so long as you do it in a non-flagrant, subtle manner. Well, I don't get with phony shit like that.
gimperella
Known user

Post by gimperella »

A room full of passionate people with totally different opinions and ideas may be chaos, but it is a wonderful thing. More fool those who try and stifle it.
davey
Known user

Post by davey »

anyone know any chilled out music?

I've heard of a band called Specialized or something....

.... I think they make bikes too.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

baz (mark II) wrote:
I don't think any of us needs to take things so hard as to leave. I admit my own attitude hasn't always been spot on, and that I've been prone to acting like an uppity fuck. I can set that right.
I think we should all agree to leave shit in the past, start talking about tunes, and make the board a cool place to hang. There're a fair few people here whose contributions I've gotten into the habit of looking out for, it'd be a shame if the vibe disintegrated completely.

And you did for quite a while and it was during that time when i found your posts worth while reading and i wish that was still the case. You contributed a fair amount of excellent music related posts and threads started and much more than just that. You even sent me a cool comp once and i sent one (hopefully as cool) back. What happen ? I can't get my head around this at all. What was the main reason for this sudden change in direction ? I think i know the reason(s) behind the ban you got but beyond that i'm totally miffed. Honest, i'm totally miffed. Is it just the words of one person or many people that you didn't like ?

I really wanted to stay out of this and baz (mark II) i was hoping to be able to send you this via a PM but really i don't know what name to send it too and i wish it was much easier to send you a PM like it was before.

As for the other little spats on this board just let them get on with it and let it slide. Folk on here aren't daft are they and most will soon see straight through them, which by the way is not direceted at any individual. You soon build up an idea of who you'll interact with and who not to so much because eventually it all leads to a point when you agree to disagree. And hey everyone, it's not that important and cool to have the last word.

Honest i wish it was easier for me to send you PM because i really didn't want to put this on the main board and if you want to reply back on here that's fine, but i'd welcome a PM from you too as i would from anyone else.
Jasonsmith
Known user

Post by Jasonsmith »

Thanks Jig for digging out baz/carpenter/spam*'s archive mail where he appears to concede that on occasion his 'youth and anger' can lead him to go a little too far in disturbing 'the vibe'. To be perfectly honest, along with the offensiveness, the pure hypocrisy 'lets play music on the world's smallest violin: get over it' for someone he had slighted: the megalomania 'I'm a crusader for freedom, free speech, and justice; your censorship means you can't handle the truth, purity, and veracity of my pronouncements', vanity 'I'm probably 1000 times more passionate about music than any of you puny earthlings, and your girlfriend wants to sleep with me' makes me think that Mr. baz/carpenter/spam* is a recidivist. You also mentioned in that post that in the past he's made some welcome contributions to this site. Let's hope he ditches the 'my record collection/musical knowledge/penis/desire to grind people down is bigger than yours' contests and continues to contribute worthwhile content, and if someone has a dig now and then he can turn the other cheek. Maybe he's something to do with the prioducers of Big Brother and it's all some kind of scam so we'll all be the subject of some Channel 4 documentary, who knows. best wishes, Dr. 'foreskinsighted' Jason Smith
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

The Jig wrote: And hey everyone, it's not that important and cool to have the last word.
Wise words, Jig.

Just a shame no-one's listening...
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

You'd be surprised Fuzz - a lot of people are listening.
Spamuel L. Jackson

Jasonsmith wrote:Thanks Jig for digging out baz/carpenter/spam*'s archive mail where he appears to concede that on occasion his 'youth and anger' can lead him to go a little too far in disturbing 'the vibe'.
The context was a thread where people were announcing their departures and/or dissatisfaction over some conflict involving Pete Kember, I wasn't really anything to do with the vibe-killing in that topic. That acknowledgement of my own failings was as much a head-nod to everybody else's, a little entreaty-to-brotherhood kinda deal.

Which is what I'm talking about. I'm happy to acknowledge I'm a bit...nuts...and prone to the odd...outburst, but few others seem prepared to admit their failings or hypocrisies or that anybody else involved could be anything less than a blameless cherub-cheeked goldenboy. And that's bull.
To wit:
jasonsmith wrote:the pure hypocrisy 'lets play music on the world's smallest violin: get over it' for someone he had slighted:
That 'someone' threw the initial slight and provoked an equal reaction -- far from being a poor innocent victim of my big, bad ugly invective, he was an aggressor.
Your take on things is 100% biased against one guy, which is why I refuse to acknowledge anything you say. TheJig at least presented something objective and fair, and was able to fathom a rough approximation of the truth.

Y'know what I usually do when a messageboard spat kicks off that doesn't involve me, Jasonsmith? I sit back, grab the popcorn and let people get on with it. Give it a whirl.
jasonsmith wrote:'I'm probably 1000 times more passionate about music than any of you puny earthlings
Haha! Funny, man.
As for the megalomania, it isn't wholly without awareness. Y'know, it's done with a grin, even if I do genuinely feel that way some of the time. Point is, I'm only liable to come out swinging and self-proselytizing like that if I'm being mobhandled. And I was, so I did. Deal with it.

jasonsmith wrote:and if someone has a dig now and then he can turn the other cheek.
Have done, often. But whatever, man.
The Breeze
Known user

Post by The Breeze »

Talking of courtesy to others.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHCvuJ2JIKU
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

:lol: i wouldn't take that from a bunch of retards who do not realise punk ended in the late 70's and that the remones weren't all that!