Record shops abroad- advice needed!

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

sunny
Site Admin

Record shops abroad- advice needed!

Post by sunny »

So, I'm off on tour again in mid October. I will be searching for record shops in the following cities;

Prague
Bratislava
Vienna

Anyone here have any recommendations (any genre is welcome)?
:D :D :D
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
a beautiful noise
Known user

Post by a beautiful noise »

hey sunny, in prague they have a decent shop with a ton of bootlegs in it. it's just east of the Wenceslas Square. it's down a corridor but relatively open and easy to find.

sorry that's all the help i can be, prague was difficult to track down a record store.

have a great time.

me.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

a beautiful noise wrote:prague was difficult to track down a record store.
That's true. A friend told me about a store where they sold loads of unusual stuff from across Europe. Damned if i could find it, but it sounded perfect for me.
sunny wrote:Bratislava
I think i'm going there later in the year. Be interested to know if you find any decent stores over there... 8)
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

a beautiful noise wrote:hey sunny, in prague they have a decent shop with a ton of bootlegs in it. it's just east of the Wenceslas Square. it's down a corridor but relatively open and easy to find.

sorry that's all the help i can be, prague was difficult to track down a record store.

have a great time.

me.
Excellent! Ta.

Jig- I'll post if I find any good shops.
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

Sunny, i hope you don't mind me using your thread but it seems like a good one to use rather than have loads of individual ones. But.....

I'll be searching for record stores in Munich, any recommendations ?

And just anything else in general really.

p/s.....Thanks sunny but Bratislava is now on hold for a few months more, but would still like to hear what you think of the city.
sunny
Site Admin

Post by sunny »

The Jig wrote:Sunny, i hope you don't mind me using your thread but it seems like a good one to use rather than have loads of individual ones. But.....
Of course not- I was actually thinking it would be great to have an available list of record shops that could be updated somehow by anyone interested... I'm going to start writing down good shops that I find on my travels, try to compile a list or something (ahem-when/if I find the time). It would be great to be able to share info like that easily. Most normal travel guides are totally inadequate when it comes to stuff like this.

I've never been to Munich though...hopefully someone else has. :D