It's Dead

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

candy-cane-girl
Known user

It's Dead

Post by candy-cane-girl »

I have had two PMs lately for live shows that I was seeding etc. And i'm afraid its bad news maybe not for you, but for me.

I have spent the last 6 years collecting bootlegs, camcorders whatever I could of any band that i was into, the white stripes, soledad brothers and spiritualized being just 3 of these.

Last sunday my external harddrive failed. I mean it's dead and gone, believe me im gutted. The majority of music on it was legit CDs that i own that i painstakingly put onto my PC for DJ purposes but i know i'm never going to get everything back and do not have the time at present final year degree n all :(

So what i'm asking is for you to nominate a favourite show of yours that i may be able to locate so i can slowly start getting back what i lost (though nothing can take those family holiday photos, xmas etc pictures again).

Whats worse is my original recordings as well are now gone also. :cry:
NightWash
Site Admin

Re: It's Dead

Post by NightWash »

You know that you can also get some media recovery software, for example http://www.highergroundsoftware.com/ ? There are some around, its worth a try. Usually they cost around 50-100$.

If this fails (or you would like to be sure that you get some data back - around 70% or more) you can also look out for professional hard disk repair and recovery services. Google a bit. They are expensive but they have the equipment to get your data back.

Hope this helps

NightWash
candy-cane-girl
Known user

Post by candy-cane-girl »

Its not recoverable under any normal means. Which is really annoying!

I was quoted £600 for the whole drive to be recovered! Eeep!
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

hey Candy Cane Girl
I've sent you a message.