Question for the Mods

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Question for the Mods

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

What's the time-out regarding posting a reply to a thread.

I've just spent about 35mins composing a mini-essay and when i clicked Preview I was told I was logged out and therefore lost all I'd entered. Great.

Is there anyway of allowing a longer duration prior to auto-log-out or should I just compose my words with more haste.

I await your answer

Cheers
Shoulders back, smash it
Nomen_Luni
Known user

Re: Question for the Mods

Post by Nomen_Luni »

If you have clicked the 'Keep me logged in' box when you're entering your username/password, you won't have to worry about that. In theory at least. I never have to enter them when I read the forum.
http://www.myspace.com/Nomen_Luni

We must perform a Quirkafleeg
NightWash
Site Admin

Post by NightWash »

Nomen_Luni is correct. Just click the little box next to the login button and you can edit as long as you want to.
But i think one hour should be also a good time for the default. At the moment it is 10 Minutes (i think). I have to search a bit and will change this.

Cheers

NightWash

Edit: I found the setting. It is already one hour - i think your post took you longer than expected. You can save a post as draft, so you can edit it later and add more info to it. I think this is the function to use. The post wont show up in the forum until you post/submit it.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

eleKtroniK:musiK wrote:What's the time-out regarding posting a reply to a thread.

I've just spent about 35mins composing a mini-essay and when i clicked Preview I was told I was logged out and therefore lost all I'd entered. Great.

Is there anyway of allowing a longer duration prior to auto-log-out or should I just compose my words with more haste.

I await your answer

Cheers
you preview?
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Hello Ben, yes I preview for grammar (I really do) and to see that it makes sense (to me at least). Sometimes I even compose in Word first.

Thanks (as usual) Nightwash...i now do re-collect about 4 cigarette breaks and it may even have been 2Hrs. Nevermind...it is in my head and useful as a draft for later...

Cheers
Shoulders back, smash it
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

is wrote:Damn - I thought this may have been a long overdue discussion of lapel widths.

:lol: Lol!
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

And why, every time i open the Outpatients link, it's frozen and says; "It is currently Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:42 pm" ?

Or why is the board now one moderator less ?
What more can the heart of a man desire?
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

and what's the deal with the dates only gigs section? i see 4 topics in the board index but can't access them or that section of the forum and i am freaking out that there have been other tour dates announced that i don't know of!
there was a thread on benicassim that i assume has been moved in there. maybe it's a secret, maybe it's nothing, maybe it's a minor hiccup. i've already lost interest. but i'll hit submit anyway.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I think its a good idea, and the suggestion came from within the Spiritualized camp too.

I can see the topics listed without problem - can't everyone else? If not let us know and we'll make sure it's sorted.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

runcible wrote:I can see the topics listed without problem - can't everyone else? If not let us know and we'll make sure it's sorted.
Nope - "You do not have the required permissions to read topics within this forum."

Love,

Ian
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

After some tinkering (sonic screwdriver, etc) all should now be able to check out the latest section.

Cheers
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

No idea what was going on there but the ever remarkable Mr Nightwash seems to have made it as friendly as is required.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

oh boy. Really sorry that the pemissions were screwed up.
thanks Bza! I had copied the exact same permissions from the
original gigs thread. Guess it did not take.

Again sorry to the board.

Best,

M
Design.
NightWash
Site Admin

Post by NightWash »

runcible wrote:No idea what was going on there but the ever remarkable Mr Nightwash seems to have made it as friendly as is required.
Havent done anything there :shock: :lol:

The permission management is not so easy with this board. The more options you have, the more complicated the things are. I think Mod did everything correct when creating the board but maybe its a glitch/bug in the phpBB version we use. Will try to find out more about it.
But it seems to work now - so problem solved. Thanks, Bza :)

Cheers

NightWash