Chris Morris

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Juzba
Known user

Chris Morris

Post by Juzba »

Many fans here?

The man is a comedic genius. Just watched all episodes of Brass Eye and Jam this weekend (probably for the 20th time). Blue Jam also is a feast for the ears, excellent music in between the sketches (if they can be called that) too.

Vintage morris quote

"The twisted brain-wrong of a one-off man-mental"
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Liked 'The Day Today' Didnt happen to see all of the 'Brass Eye' shows for one reason or another. Is there a dvd out.

John prescotts face was blown over on the M25 today.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Jam and Blue Jam was pretty scary stuff, especially the radio shows that went out at about 2am when you may have been out of your tree anyway.

Some people say alcohol is a drug. It's not. It's a drink.
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

ORBITAL wrote:Liked 'The Day Today' Didnt happen to see all of the 'Brass Eye' shows for one reason or another. Is there a dvd out.

John prescotts face was blown over on the M25 today.
There is one indeed. Costs only 8.99 £ from Play.com (postage incl.) . Highly worth ordering for that ridiculous price. Possibly his best work.
Haven't seen the day today, but just ordered it yesterday.

Starfish: You can download all three series of Blue Jam from http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk (just scroll down a bit)
It's free and the quality's quite decent, all you need is bittorrent.

Fantastic stuff, and as you mentioned best listened to late at night when your fucked-up factor is enough as it is.

Fact me til I fart
will this do?
Known user

Post by will this do? »

"Thankfully the Heroin I take is harmless. I inject once a month on a purely recreational basis. But what about others, who aren't as well off or as middle-class as me. Builders or blacks for example. To them my advice is to stay well away. Good Luck."

MORRIS: Gay desk now, from Colin Poppshed.

POPPSHED: Thanks, Chris. Quick roundup of today's gayness, starting with the roads. The M70, the A3, the B664 and the A48(M), they're all gay as of midnight tonight. The gay elements are potassium, zinc, hydrogen, copper and argon. Quick look at the world's walls - the Wailing Wall is gay, Hadrian's Wall is very gay, the Great Wall Of China, that's not gay, and the Old London Wall has also stopped being gay. Gay cars next, they're the same as last night - all Volkswagens registered between 1982 and 1985, they stay gay for another fortnight. And finally, the gay seas are the Caspian and the Mediterranean, so see you there. Chris.

"I HATE Sebastian Coe"

"And if we receive any news on the death of Michael Heseltine in the next hour, we'll let you know."

Gay as a window...Bad Aids...Paedogeddon...Fact me till I fart...Cake (a made up drug) -the man's a genius (long with Coogan, Iannucci, Baynham, Front, Mackichan). Did you notice that Dot Cotton's doctor on a recent Eastenders, was the guy who played all the doctors in Jam. Kept expecting him to purposely soil himself, or worse (!).

and many many more...
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

Juzba wrote:Starfish: You can download all three series of Blue Jam from http://www.cookdandbombd.co.uk (just scroll down a bit)
It's free and the quality's quite decent, all you need is bittorrent.
OK, now just suppose there was someone who was a bit of a computer dimwit and didn't know who or what a so-called "bittorrent" is, how would you go about explaining it to them? You know, how to download it, what it involves and if it is safe from viruses. I'm sure they'd find this information most helpful.

:roll:
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

you can download and run the bitottrent application from here :
http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/download.html

Its kind of a hidden application - it will only run or appear when you try to download a bit torrent.

Once it is installed in you go to a bit torrent site, sharingthegroove.org, suprnova.com, or just seach google, you will see .torr attachments added to threads - these are the torrent files that control the download, they are only small, but once they are run bit torrent will open up, ask you to where you want to save the rest of the download, and your are away.

Things to be aware of:
1. torrents are usually [but not always] associated with larger lossless formats, such as flacs and shn files. This is good, because they are of better quality, but bad because even on broadband your download will take some time, - 2 hours to 24 depending on how many seeds or peers are open. - see 2.
2. When dowloading you act as a server as well as a downloader, thereby you share the load with everyone else. if there's lots of people with their torrent windows open it will be fast otherwise, if there's only a couple open it will be slow. Some of the sites have that information alongise the thread.
3. Its considered bad etiquette to download and leave. you should keep you torrent window open after your download has completed to allow others to get the thing. Share the love.
4. If files do come down as flacs or shn's your need a converter to play them Seach for 'DBPowerAMP Flac/shn codec' on google and you should find the software to either play the files of convert them into the format you prefer.

err. thats about all I can think of. I've only been using these a little while, so I may have missed something vital, or told you a pack of lies. Hopefully soemone will correct me if I have...

Oh - Virus's? - I've never had any problems coming from torrent files, but you are at risk, as you are whenveer you dowload anything from the net. Keep an anitirvirus application up to date and running. - AVG is a free one that I use.
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

Yeah, but does Chris Morris make you laugh, or does he merely raise a small smirk?
Juzba
Known user

Post by Juzba »

radioshack wrote:Yeah, but does Chris Morris make you laugh, or does he merely raise a small smirk?

You twunted little honda scheme! Of course he does! :)
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

The best thing he's done in my opinion is the Phil Collins Nonce-Sense thing. That was genius, brilliant to watch.
Starfish
Known user

Post by Starfish »

here's his Robert Kilroy-Silk sketch from Jam
http://www.ukindependence.org/