Dedicated to the memory of Fuzzhead

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

sunny
Site Admin

Dedicated to the memory of Fuzzhead

Post by sunny »

'Main Notice for Murray, Adrian
MURRAY, ADRIAN - June 18, 2009, (suddenly), at his home, Apt 3d, Library Square, 13 Kent Street, Belfast, beloved fiance of Asia, a much-loved son of Brendan and Ethna, 40 Parklands, Antrim, brother to Brenda and Damien and brother-in-law to Bobby and Diane. Funeral Service to be held in Roselawn Crematorium on Monday 22nd inst. at 10.30 a.m. Very deeply regretted by the entire family circle.'

It has fallen on me to be the bringer of some very sad and awful news. Our fellow board member Adrian 'Fuzzhead' Murray passed away on June 18th. He was a valued member of this board who posted here frequently and shared many a music recommendation with the rest of us. We will miss him and his love of music... the thing that binds and defines all of us here. As we try to recover from the shock of this, we will observe a day of silence in his honour, starting Monday 10.30am to Tues 10.30am.

Much love to Fuzzhead's nearest and dearest, we share your grief with you.

Sunny xx
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
sunny
Site Admin

Re: Dedicated to the memory of Fuzzhead

Post by sunny »

dmurray0 wrote:Sunny,

Really appreciate all the help you have gave us in these dark hours. The whole family extend our thanks to you.

Such a nice gesture that the board has done, he would be so proud.

We have selected Ladies and Gentleman We Are floating in Space as his final song. Tears keep welling up when we hear the lyrics.

Thanks again for all the words of comfort. If you want to add this mesage to the announcement feel free to share our comments to the entire board.

Thanks again,

Damien
'Come and rock and roll me over, Let's get this damn job over.'
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I just wanted to express my sadness regarding Adrian's untimely departure. His presence here was informative and stimulating. He sent me an enjoyable Lee Perry CD last year too which is a nice memory of the guy. A good attitude, fine taste and a valued forum member tragically absent from future proceedings.

I'm aware of how much his family misses him and even at a distance I know everyone here feels the same.

RIP Adrian.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I agree wholeheartedly.
Even though most of us communicate through this message board we are all part of one big family. And it hurts when we lose a member.
For those of you who participated in the Spacemen Fantasy Premier League, that was all down to Fuzzhead. I know it made my Saturdays during the season so much more fun.

Godspeed Fuzzhead!
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
jamie79
New user

Post by jamie79 »

sunny wrote:
dmurray0 wrote:Sunny,

Really appreciate all the help you have gave us in these dark hours. The whole family extend our thanks to you.

Such a nice gesture that the boatd has done, he would be so proud.

We have selected Ladies and Gentleman We Are floating in Space as his final song. Tears keep welling up when we hear the lyrics.

Thanks again for all the words of comfort. If you want to add this mesage to the announcement feel free to share our commenst to the entire board.

Thanks again,

Damien
jamie79
New user

Post by jamie79 »

It was adie who introduced me to spiritulized, an they were the key to many great memories that we shared together, my thoughts are with his family and his fiance asia,
you will always hold a special place in my heart an were a dear friend

JAMIE
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

My condolences to his family. Playing LAGWAFIS is a nice way to go out. Like Runcie, he has been generous in sending me cd's in the past.

R.
jack white
Known user

Post by jack white »

lovely guy. going miss his presence around here and in my little spiritualized world.
gonna burn brightly
for a while
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

Spoke to Adie a few times through pm's and he was open, friendly, humorous (well he took the piss!) and I always got the feeling that "Carpe diem" was his approach to life.
His pure affection for Asia always came across; in all the little (sometimes) taken for granted things he chatted about.

Like his little nephew has worked out; God always takes the good ones for special jobs.

Peace be with you, Adie

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
Fede77
Known user

Post by Fede77 »

Tanti saluti Fuzzhead...ci mancherai
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

It was a big shock reading this today. Whilst I didn't know the guy I did have communications with him via this forum and the Primal Scream 'Webadelica' forum as well and he always seemed like one of the good guys. Seeing the name 'Fuzzhead' usually guaranteed a good read in the many threads he posted in.

It must be a tremendous loss to his family and friends so my heart goes out to them all.

RIP Fuzzy Head!
purespace
Known user

Post by purespace »

this is shocking and devastating news.

I'm reflecting on what I'm doing with "now"

Life is precious and so easily taken for granted.

White Light and Peace to Fuzzy, his family and friends. We'll all see you in the next one.
I think I feel it coming on
Shaun
Known user

Post by Shaun »

I can not put the feeling of this sadness into words. Love and Peace to his family and friends xxx
What more can the heart of a man desire?
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

Not been around for a few weeks due to Polish travels, but shocked to read this. A valuable member of the family abd a terrible shame at the loss.

Godspeed indeed Fuzzhead! :cry:
dmurray0
New user

Post by dmurray0 »

Well, we had Adrian's cremation service on Monday. Absolutely stunned by the turn out. Service was only scheduled for 1/2 an hour but it went well over that due to the numbers. Our 2 songs for him, Joy Division Love Will Tear US Apart and Spiritualized LAGWAFIS, were played several times instead of once as we had so many people turn and meet us afterwards.

Reading on this forum, and several I'm a member off too, myself and the family are filled with pride to see how much he was valued by all. These dark times have been helped by all the kind words and we would like to thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Thank you once again,

Regards,

Damien Murray

Proud brother of Adrian " Fuzzhead" Murray- 22/03/79 - 18/06/09
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

dmurray0 wrote:Adrian " Fuzzhead" Murray- 22/03/79 - 18/06/09
Jesus, just 30 years old. That is truly heartbreaking.

I can only hope you added some life to those years Fuzzhead....

RIP
evan:)
Known user

Post by evan:) »

Really sorry to hear about this - any time i posted spacemen 3 bootlegs or rare live tracks Adrian (fuzzhead) was one of the people who always said thanks and had some thing to say about the music.

This quote from him says it all really...

"This show is superb. The band are really enjoying it thanks to the energy coming from the crowd. I'd loved to have been there.

I love the bit where the crowd are humming Ode To Street Hassle, to try and prompt the band to play it. When they start playing the song it's such a beautfiul moment! You can hear a couple of people in the crowd going nuts when they realise Spacemen 3 are playing the song just for them. Gorgeous moment that sums up the meaning music has for a lot of us."

death is not the end...

stuck for words really

respect.
ro
Known user

Post by ro »

thank you, Fuzzhead, for the time you spent here.

I fondly remember when you posted about your earwax blockage. You were so frustrated that the Music wasn't coming in clearly! I thought, "that's dedication".

peace be with you and your family.
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Shocking news, didn't have any personal dealings with Fuzzhead but always enjoyed his posts. My condolences to his family and friends.
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Been away from the forum for a while and this is very sad news to come back to. RIP.
ORBITAL
Known user
Location: Drinking Breaker at night, in the cold duchess light.

Post by ORBITAL »

Hope you are at peace, brother. May your family always take a little comfort from how popular a guy you were.
Work is the scourge of the drinking classes
Noddy
Known user

Post by Noddy »

R.I.P, his kind words on our music where hugely appreciated and he seemed like a great knowledgable fella.
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

So, so sad. Fuzzhead kindly sent me some live discs many moons ago, and his posts were always a pleasure to read. My condolences to all his family and friends. R.I.P. :cry:
Meo
Known user

Post by Meo »

Sad news, always fully into it and interesting Fuzzhead, peace brother. x
simonkeeping
Known user

Post by simonkeeping »

ro wrote:thank you, Fuzzhead, for the time you spent here.

I fondly remember when you posted about your earwax blockage. You were so frustrated that the Music wasn't coming in clearly! I thought, "that's dedication".

Amen.

You can get a real sense of what people are really like on this board. It is in a funny way a little like having a bunch of mates who may never meet. So to lose one of the crew is really sad. From reading back your posts you always seemed so enthusiastic and full of life. So sorry to hear this tragic news.

respect
clewsr
Known user

Post by clewsr »

I've wanted to post something here for a little while, but couldn't think exactly what to say. These two posts say it much better than I could, so all I will say is for what its worth, is that my thoughts go out to your Family and Friends. Rest in Peace.
simonkeeping wrote:
ro wrote:thank you, Fuzzhead, for the time you spent here.

Amen.

You can get a real sense of what people are really like on this board. It is in a funny way a little like having a bunch of mates who may never meet. So to lose one of the crew is really sad. From reading back your posts you always seemed so enthusiastic and full of life. So sorry to hear this tragic news.

respect
radioshack
Known user

Post by radioshack »

I'd also like to offer my thoughts to Fuzzhead's family and friends at this time.

I was away from the board for a few months, and upon returning was shocked to hear of his passing. Truly sad.

This thread has really moved me. The loved ones he's left behind must be really proud and touched by the kind words and the sweet anecdotes left by other board members.
catweazel
Known user

Post by catweazel »

Like some other people here I haven't visited the forum for a while - I was completely shocked to hear this tragic news... I remember reading Fuzzhead's posts over the years and, as someone has already pointed out, he really was one of the good ones. Intelligent, witty and always a pleaure to read his posts. I take some comfort in knowing that he really enjoyed the spacemen boots I posted here a while ago... I'm sure he's up there blasting out Rollercoaster to all and sundry and having a good laugh at us mere mortals. - no doubt about it.

My condolences to all those who knew him.

I'll miss him for sure round these parts.
marcvolta
Known user

Post by marcvolta »

I know i dont have a very hi post count, but i read this board constantly, all day every day, and sometimes when the topics go a bit dead, it feels like they are kinda waiting for Fuzzhead to say something. i know that sounds dramatic and kinda lame, but i kinda think its true. almost a year now. still a shame....

all the best Fuzz.
Muscles
Known user

Post by Muscles »

FUCKING FUZZHEAD ! HE WAS FROM IRELAND IF IM NOT MISTAKEN !

I REALLY ENJOYED TAKING THE PISS OUT OF HIM ! I THINK !

JESUS CHRIST !

MEET YOU ON THE OTHERSIDE MY FRIEND !

XO.
www.instagram.com/davidstroughter 8)
stephanie
New user

Post by stephanie »

I registered on this board to send my thanks to sunny last year, but I've managed to forget my log in details.

On behalf of my family, I'd like to thank the members of the forum for their continual kind words. Adrian is missed every day but still, a year on, people are still posting messages on this thread. He will never be forgotten.

Thanks
Stephanie - Proud niece of Fuzzhead
johnnyboy
Known user

Post by johnnyboy »

Thinking of you all Stepanie. How fast the year has gone. He's very much missed from this and other forums.

My own brother died around the same time as Adrian, the 23rd will be a year, so I know how you all must be feeling. Learning to live with the loss is the hardest thing I've ever experienced but hopefully it gets better with time.

Whenever I think of my bro I see him smiling and laughing, which is a small comfort, and I hope that's the same for you and yours with Adrian.

All the best,

John.
JCALDL_69
New user

Post by JCALDL_69 »

http://www.thecreatorsproject.com/en-uk ... han-glazer
and so it should be dedicated to his memory
bless him
and his whole family
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Wow!
This is amazing!
I am in contact w/Fuzzhead's brother Damien.
I will forward this onto him.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)