Football (American style)

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Football (American style)

Post by spzretent »

This game shapes up to be a close one. But because its the Super Bowl it probably wont be. Hopefully it will be a classic.
Looks like i'm watching at home. More snow on the way tomorrow.
At least 5 times in the last 15 or so years I watched the game in the UK. Very hard trying to explain American Football to English people. "Why does it stop and start so much?" or "What do you mean the have 11 players for offense then they switch 11 more player for defense"? Dont even get me started on Special Teams. :lol:
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
niamhm
Known user

Post by niamhm »

somthing thats puzziling me ,why do they hold the Superbowl at this time of year , hasn`t Dallas just been battered by winter storms and some workers at the stadium hospitalized by huge chunks of ice falling from the stadium roof, wouldn`t a couple of months from now be a better time to hold it? excuse me if I`m been a tad ignorant on the subject.
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I will be rooting for the Steelers and their rapist quarterback. As a resident of the city of Chicago there is just no way I could possibly back Green Bay. On the menu: a meaty chili and my famous chorizo nachos!
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Steelers gonna win me some money tonight
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Maybe not... I am enjoying this more than last year, which you may find odd.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

niamhm wrote:somthing thats puzziling me ,why do they hold the Superbowl at this time of year , hasn`t Dallas just been battered by winter storms and some workers at the stadium hospitalized by huge chunks of ice falling from the stadium roof, wouldn`t a couple of months from now be a better time to hold it? excuse me if I`m been a tad ignorant on the subject.
Every once in a blue moon a city that isn't Miami, New Orleans, San Diego or LA get to host a Super Bowl. Its only fair. And Dallas had worse weather than Detroit.

Glad Green Bay won. I wanted them all along.If I openly root for a team they always lose. Nice to see Pittsburgh go home not winning for a change. Good game. good food. Good beer. Win Win Win!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

My son helped me cook up a chili and my wife and daughter made some fresh French bread baguettes. I had some tasty Fish Tale IPA (excellent brew out of Olympia, WA) staying cool on the back porch and we had a peach pie for dessert. Now, all we needed was a good game and hopefully a GB win. Thankfully, that is exactly what we had!

That was a superb game. I was getting nervous when Pittsburgh came back with full throttle momentum in the second half. But, Green Bay prevailed and hoisted the trophy. Honestly, I would not have been able to watch Ben Roethlisberger on that podium.

As always, at the end of a Super Bowl it makes me think that one day the Cleveland Browns might just be up there lifting the Lombardi trophy. Remember what Lennon said, "you might say I'm a dreamer...but I'm not the only one". :D
niamhm wrote:somthing thats puzziling me ,why do they hold the Superbowl at this time of year
Because the regular season only just ended exactly two weeks ago today. The two teams get two weeks to rest and prepare for the game. It wouldn't make any sense to play it later in the year.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

Ah, I love how I'm finding out about the winner from this forum...

I was at a bar, discussing "band plans" with another guy named Kevin....and another person named Evan (don't worry, our drummer is named Tommy)...They had only one TV that was tuned to the Superbowl a little after the first quarter*. No one seemed to mind. I had loads of fun, hitting on bartenders, getting free songs on the jukebox (Replacements, Big Star, Can, Spacemen 3, Smiths, and Clash thank you very much...), and drinking amazing beer (Ballast Point, Ommegang, Rogue, Green Flash, etc). I looked up at the screen while the black eyed peas were performing and thought it was Tron on meth (meaning they had done tons of meth to the point where they stopped trying to recreate the original and they had no money to do so...). Ah, horrible pop culture - why are you so easy to make fun of? I felt gratified from earlier when the Capitals shut out the Penguins (Hockey). God, that was great. It kind of signified the Superbowl (although I didn't watch it...) if you think about it.

*Trainspotters: It was Small Bar in San Diego. If you find yourself there get the Mac and Cheese and order their Bloody Mary. All I can say is BACON, BACON, BACON!!!!!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

Aaron Rodgers and GreenBay deserved to win. Aaron's from NorCal (Chico, home of Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.) and went to Cal. He had a heavy burden fitting in the shoes of that other 'person' he replaced at quarterback, hey what's his name ??? 8) But he's much better than him !
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I fell asleep before half-time. Glad to see Green Bay win. This will give an excuse so Roethlisberger can rape some more chicks! Missed "I gotta feeling". Did Fergie piss herself again? What happened with Christina Aguilera, she botch the national anthem! Classic! HAHA!!! Fuckers!!! Feel for the the people who went there and got cheated! "You ever have the feeling you've been duped" SUCKERS!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Now that the NFL lockout is officially over I told myself that with the Browns coming over to the west coast twice this season I would take my son to at least one of the games. I was hoping they would play the Seahawks in Seattle cause it's our nearest big city but instead we get SF and Oakland. Not complaining as it is still close(ish), but it does mean a flight rather than a car trip. Spent about 90 minutes researching Oakland Coliseum vs Candlestick Park and decided on nabbing tickets to the Cleveland vs San Francisco game on Oct. 30! :D

Now, hopefully the Browns will do something in Free Agency. We are 39 million below salary cap. With some money to spend they better get their ass moving. So far they seem quiet. Maybe that's a good sign? :roll:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I bet the odds of Philadelphia and Atlanta going to the NFC Championship game has to be pretty high. Both teams are now STACKED!

I'm somewhat puzzled by what Cleveland may or may not do in the free agency game. I don't think we need some big name player that demand high salaries as we have two first round picks next year and will need the cash. BUT, to fill some blatant holes has to be a priority. Defensive line, right side of the offensive line, cornerback and linebacker are all positions we need to seriously beef up. I thought that Tyson Clabo dude down in Atlanta would be a perfect fit at right tackle but he resigned with the Falcons. Hopefully Cleveland can do something decent even if the signings are diamonds in the rough. :roll:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Here we go football fans....

NCAA begins this week and the NFL on Sept. 8! :D
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

I enjoy NFL football and am looking forward to the new season. However, the intensity with wich some people approach it does get on my nerves, with Packer fans being the worst (at least in the Midwest). They'd sooner murder your family than allow you to cheer for the Bears, despite the fact that many of them are happy to live in the fine city of Chicago. Last year was particularly frustrating for obvious reasons.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Big fan, as you guys know. 24-7? No. But, I do avidly follow the Browns. Sorry, it is just something one does when they have grown up in Cleveland. It's an insane sense of loyalty. Given how bad we have been for so long I emphasize the use of "insane".
spzretent wrote:I just watched the White Sox lose in the bottom of the ninth inning on Gamecast.
:D ...this is good for my Indians. Shame though that Detroit won (sorry Alan!). I have resigned myself to the Tribe finishing third but 2nd would be good too. 1st in the AL central and going to the playoffs seems no longer possible. But, there is still a month left in the season. So, anything is possible (god, we didn't make it easy tonight though!).
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I'm going to Portland State's home opener today. Certainly not on the same scale as the Univ. of Oregon/Oregon State Univ. games but still a fun day (and affordable!).
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Wow! Just Wow!

Nothing seemed to be working for our QB today...with exception to one amazing drive he was relatively ineffective. But, good QB's (he's too young to call "great", just yet) have bad days too. But, they keep their poise and make it count WHEN it matters. And that, my friends is exactly what Colt McCoy did today for the Cleveland Browns. Losing 16-10 to Miami with 2 minutes left in the game he kept his cool and led our team 80+ yards for the game winning strike with 43 seconds left. 17-16. Thank you very much.

I'm happy and I'm proud of my team!

:D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: Me too! Down 20-0 at the half! Winning 26-23 in OT!
The Lions game was on a tv screen next to the Browns game so I had my eye on it. Great come back for your boys! And man, what about them Bills?! They too came back (again!) from 21 down against New England! A good weekend for Cleveland, Detroit and Buffalo.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Sweet jesus, the Browns looked pathetic today! :evil:

The only good to come out of today was the fact the Steelers also lost. Fingers crossed that the Ravens also lose later tonight.

And man....how about those Lions and Eagles? Two teams moving in two directions. Yet again, Detroit save their best football for the second half while the Eagles lose again in the 4th quarter. I honestly had Philly pegged as favorites in the NFC this year. They could still come up trumps...but a lot of questions remain.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!
What a Detroit sports weekend!
MSU beat OSU :D
Michigan kicked the crap out of Minnesota :|
Lions beat Dallas :shock:
Tigers split w/the Evil Empire :lol:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Detroit Lions 5-0. Best start since 1956! Watching them on Monday Night Football was hard to picture that bumbling, shambolic, hapless team that didn't win one game in 2008. My, how things have changed, Alan!

Matthew Stafford's shoulders must be insured like Betty Grable's legs! I'm sure when you play Green Bay the Packers defensive line and their line backers will probably have a fatwa on Stafford's shoulders. Keep that kid healthy and your team may make the playoffs.

Who would have thought....the fucking Buffalo Bills and the Detroit Lions would be kicking ass in 2011? Now, maybe the Cleveland Browns can join your club? You guys have improved so much that as a Browns fan I don't think I can consider you friends anymore! I'll just stand over here with a paper bag over my head. Oh wait, There's a Chiefs fan...I can talk to him! :)
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

This is the way things are supposed to work. When you so suck for so long and draft so high theoretically you are supposed to draft good players to make you better. But when you have a clueless stubborn owner who employs the worst General Manager in sports history and then finally his contract is up and you sign him to an extension as a screw you to the fans, you get what we got. No idea how quickly this team may have turned it around had Millen been fired the first time. They had a whole scouting department for the draft every year and when their pick came up Millen just walked in and drafted who he wanted. That why we were SO bad for years.
Yesterday was unprecedented around here. Not hosting a Monday Night Football game for a decade, Tigers game on at 4:15pm(but thats another story).
My friends who had tickets styed ihn hotel rooms downtown. Must have been crazy.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:Tonight could be one of the great Michigan State wins I ever remember.
That is why I L O V E college football.
I was watching that game and I always think of you when the Spartans are on tv. I am fairly certain I could hear East Lansing all the way over here in Oregon! BUT, with all due respect my friend...I think that you guys got away with one. Saying that, I still think you would have won if it had gone into OT and...I WANTED MSU to win.

But, I watched that play over and over and honestly couldn't see anything conclusive for them to change the ruling on the field. The 55 yard Hail Mary was thrown, it ricochet's off another player into the other guys hands and he momentarily thinks or is amazed he has the ball, tucks it in and that momentary half a millisecond allows the Wisconsin players to maul him on the line. He never stretches his arms out for the ball to obviously cross the plane. As a non-biased observer of that game I couldn't help but think that if my Cleveland Browns won like that...I would be euphoric!. Had they lost like that I would have a sinking hole in my stomach and feel cheated that the ruling on the field wasn't left due to it being inconclusive evidence to overrule the call.

But, you should feel euphoric. That was easily the best game of the day and they did outplay the Badgers. :D
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

They kept putting up that image with the red line blown up and he clearly crossed the line. Whether it was conclusive? Not for me to say. All the guys on College Game Day seemed to think the refs got it right.
I'll take it. :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote: I'll take it. :D
And so you should! A very exciting finish to an exciting game.

Cleveland v Seattle today. Today is a must win game and quite honestly...if we can't beat Seattle who are starting their second string QB then...

....oh shit, nevermind....I may jinx us. :roll:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

An incredibly satisfying victory especially with the ebbs and flows of that game. Bad start. Great 2nd quarter. Letting Wisconsin slowly back in the game. Cant wait to read todays paper.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

A win is a win...and I too will take it. But man, that Cleveland vs Seattle game was UGLY!

It's a sad day when a baseball player outscores your entire football team! The only good that came out of it (other than the win) is the fact that Seattle are clearly even more inept at offense than the Browns are!
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Man, what happened to your Lions last night, Alan? Looks like we're tied for second in the division now.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Cleveland Browns offense = :oops: :evil:

McCoy looked decent but no TD's, Greg Little looked decent but no TD, Cribbs played ok but no TD, our 3rd string RB had a decent game but no TD.

And how do we find a way to lose this week? On a 20 yard field goal our left guard's foot clips the ball as it is being snapped to the place holder! Un-fucking-believable! I guess they get points for the "creative ways to lose a game" stakes. It would all make for great comedy if I wasn't so embarrassed and sad to watch this horrific, painful offense.

Have to say, our coach also called what seemed like the dumbest plays ever when the game was potentially in our hands and a TD would have sealed it. 6 plays from the 19yard line and he runs them all including a hand off to a TE who has NEVER run the ball before (he fumbled but we got it back). Our QB was having a good game but not once did the coach choose to have him throw to the end zone. These calls put us in the position to kick the field goal with 2 minutes left in the game. The field goal we missed, I might add.

Unbelievable.

:twisted:
James T
Known user

Post by James T »

Skol Vikings! How will it go later? Well, I think it's obvious the packers will win. I can live in hope.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

A friend sent this to me....sadly, it pretty much sums us Browns fans up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRBDMMVctu8
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Hey Alan, with Oregon losing last night to USC that may set the Ducks up for a Rose Bowl match between Michigan State! If so, a bet of Oregon/Michigan craft brews will be essential. :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Browns win...but only just! Came down to the final play of the game. Had Jacksonville made a 1 yd TD we would have lost in the dying seconds. Thankfully, their rookie QB missed the WIDE OPEN guy on the right side who would have easily scored!

A win's a win, it's crisp and sunny outside and I saw a cool gig last night...so I'm smiling. :D
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Packers are a good team so I'm not sure if I would give up on the Lions, yet. My concern about them is that they are getting a just reputation for being pretty dirty. Suh being a local Portland boy receives a lot of press here (usually good). Shame he seems to now be making a name for himself for being a thug and a dirty player.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:And now a bold faced liar.
Yep. What a shame too. He is such a great player but I have lost a lot of respect for the kid.

On a different note...who the hell is going to beat Green Bay?

New England looked invincible a few years back when they went undefeated only to lose in the Super Bowl. But, GB look pretty awesome and I honestly do not know who will step up and stop them. Whoever it is I seriously hope that it is ANYBODY other than Pittsburgh, Baltimore or Dallas! Especially not Pittsburgh! :evil:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:They were beatable yesterday and last Sunday. Someone will knock them off.
True. They still play some decent teams too. Raiders, Giants, Lions, Bears and Chiefs. Of all of them how ironic and funny it would be if KC beats them! :D

Guess it would be best for GB fans if they lose in reg season than in post season though. Ahhhh...one day people will be writing these things about the Browns.

One day.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Playing one of our better games today...leading from the go ahead only to lose in the final minute. The football gods really do hate Cleveland.

:cry:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Funny how this thread has completely quieted down. Thinking about it I guess I can assume for us that it is because:

ME: The Browns have been nothing short of disappointing this season. As a Browns fan who is used to disappointment that means something when I declare their season is bad. They have been excruciatingly painful to watch and I am running out of answers as to why I continue to watch and support them. Only three more weeks left of the season and the nightmare ends. Until, of course, next season. :roll:

For the rest of you...

Spzretent:
MSU should have made it to the Rose Bowl with an exciting game against Oregon on the cards. But, they lost a heartbreaker to Wisconsin sending the Badgers to the Rose Bowl instead. The Lions are playing well but are showing a reckless attitude towards discipline and professionalism, which is getting in their way.

The Warmth:
The Bears are hanging around but they REALLY should have won that game against Denver. Tebow just continues to surprise all of us. Can Chicago stop Green Bay?

Minky: Like the Browns, the Eagles have been very disappointing. This, however, is even more surprising as they spent so much money on bringing some top class studs to their roster. Proof maybe that egos can't be coached. Either that or Reid is on his way out?

Not sure who else on here regularly watches football. I listed the guys above because they have the most replies in this thread. This year's NFL season has had some interesting stories but nothing comes close to Tim Tebow. I've enjoyed watching him prove so many wrong. Shame he plays for Denver though. It brings back awful memories of John Elway coming back to beat Cleveland in the 86, 87 and 89 AFC Championship games.

Any college bowls you guys are looking forward to watching?
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

Chicago can't do anything without Cutler and Forte! Such a drag. Sunday's game against Denver was just awful.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

redcloud wrote:Minky: Like the Browns, the Eagles have been very disappointing. This, however, is even more surprising as they spent so much money on bringing some top class studs to their roster. Proof maybe that egos can't be coached. Either that or Reid is on his way out?
You're absolutely right on both points but honestly I don't see Reid going anywhere next year, as much as everyone seems to want that here. They have some real talent on the team but they're so inconsistent, when they decide to show up to play they look really good. But lets face it, the whole NFC East sucks so none of these teams are going anywhere this year. Although that was one helluva game, the other night, between the Cowboys & the Giants...two teams I can't stand!
Alex English
Known user

Post by Alex English »

As a Broncos fan, this season has been crazy. At first, I was firmly in the Suck for Luck camp and thought they blew it by beating the Bengals in week 2 and then the whole Tebow insanity began. I have been to every home game this year and the Bears game was amazing. I cannot believe Barber went out of bounds on the Bears last drive. The crowd was electric after the game. Strange things are happening. It is almost as if the magic of the old Mile High Stadium is back. Almost. Of course the Patriots game will reveal a lot this week. I am just enjoying the ride or um, Walking With Tebow. :wink:
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

I am a bandwagon Lions fan. It is surprising how out of control they play. They are becoming the thugs of the NFL. I hope they can turn it around.
MSU is much closer to my heart. Yeah, I was bummed they lost to Wisconsin but it was a great game. Why they were going after that punt is a mystery. But we still play in a New Years bowl game.
I am pretty much addicted to the MLB Network. That is where my allegiance lies. Baseball Baseball Baseball!
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

spzretent wrote:I am pretty much addicted to the MLB Network. That is where my allegiance lies. Baseball Baseball Baseball!
Yeah, me too. A lot fun reading about all the moves/trades going on. I can't wait for next season.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:I was so excited when the Lions drafted Suh. He has turned out to be quite the piece of shit. And he isn't even playing that well this season. certainly not worth all the drama we get with him.
Yep, such a shame too. He has or is becoming another Albert Haynesworth. Just a thug. Weird thing is he isn't from "the ghetto" AT ALL! He is from a solid working/middle class neighborhood in Portland and attended one of the better schools in the city (Grant High).

Did you hear about his car accident in Portland when he returned here during his 2-game suspension? The passengers of the car have since said that he lied to the police and that there was a lot more to the crash than he led them to believe.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:we heard about it. he had an interview he walked out on locally. The questions were to specific. What did he expect?
What an idiot. Certainly not winning himself any fans.

I know several people who live in the Grant High School district and they said that the school was proudly promoting and enjoying the accolade of Suh being an alumni. This, of course, was before the season began and he started to show his less disciplined side. Now, I think they are a bit embarrassed.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

he just needs to learn he doesn't walk on water and that he is not smarter than everyone else.
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

LIGHTS OUT SHITTSBURGH !

Never seen the Niners play defense like that, Aldon Smith is a beast, however, they won't get far in the playoffs ( i don't think ) ? Alex Smith is a mediocre quarterback, at best.

Super Bowl : Green Bay vs. New England
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spacemanrich wrote:LIGHTS OUT SHITTSBURGH !

Never seen the Niners play defense like that, Aldon Smith is a beast, however, they won't get far in the playoffs ( i don't think ) ? Alex Smith is a mediocre quarterback, at best.

Super Bowl : Green Bay vs. New England
Always glad to see Pittsburgh lose. Funny thing is...when the 2011 schedules came out all Browns fans thought that the NFC West would be a piece of cake. Nobody foresaw the 49ers turning around as well as they did.

The Packers are definitely the team to beat. And, they are beatable! Kansas City proved that they are not invincible.

Looking at the AFC I'm not sure who will stop Green Bay (or even San Fran if they make it that far). Baltimore? Maybe but they tend to self destruct (witness their thrashing by, at best, a mediocre team in San Diego). Pittsburgh seem too banged up to go all the way and New England are solid but I'm not sure if they are as good as either SF or GB. But then again, they may just be hitting their stride in time for the playoffs.

Hell, who knows...maybe Tebow will lead the Broncos to glory. :wink:
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

i dunno anything about this sport (other than the fact i've watched a few superballs- one out of interest and the others to see the cheerleaders) but was told of this interview which is quite funny, apologises if it's been put up before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSFYxDGKy8
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

You should see some of the baseball ones.
not video but still funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YKxf3OkpJc
This was from a pre-game radio show which obviously never aired.
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

too many balls to the head it seems...
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Eagles eliminated.
Thanks a lot New York Jets :roll: ... for playing some real shitty football. :evil:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Minky wrote:Eagles eliminated.
Thanks a lot New York Jets :roll: ... for playing some real shitty football. :evil:
I hate the Jets. But, with all due respect Minky...I'm not sure if the Eagles deserved to go to the Playoffs. They certainly haven't played for their money this season.

But, who am I to say....the Browns once again played another poor game. One offensive TD scored in 60 min is just unacceptable at this level. Actually, the game could have been closer and possibly even won by Cleveland. An absolute horrific clock management blunder by our coach at the end of the 1st half when we were at the goalline meant we walked away with 0 pts rather than the bare minimum of 3 pts! Then, late in the game a 4th and 5 play call that we took our final time-out on was to a well covered receiver 3 yards shy of the first down! Unbelievable.

Thank god this mess ends next week.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

redcloud wrote:I hate the Jets. But, with all due respect Minky...I'm not sure if the Eagles deserved to go to the Playoffs. They certainly haven't played for their money this season.
Yes, it's been a disastrous season for the Eagles but if they had one less loss it would basically have made this a three way race for NFC title. I think they're playing better football now than the Giants & Cowboys, so it's hard to say if the Giants or Cowboys deserve to go to the playoffs any more than the Eagles.
Last edited by Minky on Sun Dec 25, 2011 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Minky wrote:it's hard to say if the Giants or Cowboys deserve to go to the playoffs any more than the Eagles.
Good point. The teams that make the playoffs from the AFC West will be similar to the NFC east. Just kinda.....there.

Enjoy Detroit's post season run, Alan! It's been a long time coming. I hope that you all will be saying that to me next year! :roll:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I know most of you have probably seen this but....I was just watching one of those "10 best plays of the year" video and this play from last week made the list. Showy? Yes. But, he gave the fans something to watch (which is more than any Browns player has done this year).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtaDy_Y9kNI
TheWarmth
Known user

Post by TheWarmth »

The only reason I have to watch any more of this season is to root against the Packers, which I'm sure I will find myself doing come playoff time.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

I know what you mean Paul! Our season was over a long time ago. I'm not sure who I want to do well....I don't mind the Packers but I am tired of them. I would like to see Detroit upset some people but I have concerns over their thuggish attitudes and mentality. Maybe it is San Francisco's time (again)?

I really, really hope that both Pittsburgh and Baltimore don't progress far.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Baylor vs Washington..... :shock:

Well if you are a defensive person you probably couldn't watch that game without shouting at the tv or laughing your ass off at the pathetic excuse for defense. But, if you are an offensive person it was pretty explosive. A fun game to watch but quite honestly it was a joke at times.

I tuned in to watch Robert Griffin III....I like Colt McCoy a lot but I have a feeling he will be the fall guy for the Browns miserable season. With two picks in the first round the Browns may go for RG III.
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Another season comes to an end...

I am hoping that today, Cleveland's last game of the 2011 season, which is being played today on the Jan. 1, 2012, will be the beginning of something bigger and better for 2012.

I have no unrealistic ambitions to make it to the 2013 Super Bowl. I JUST WANT THEM TO COMPETE!!! Anything else will be a bonus. Anything less will be typical/predictable Cleveland Browns football. :roll:
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

spzretent wrote:I cant believe what I just watched.
Close to or over 1000 yards passing, 11 touchdowns. Wow!
I am a Matthew Stafford believer. Over 5000 passing yards this year.
If Matt Flynn torched us for nearly 500 yards today I shudder to think what Drew Brees is gonna do to the Lions defense next week.
It could be ugly.
I always believed that if Stafford could stay healthy he would lead the Lions to their best season in years. I saw flashes of him in the past couple of years that made me believe in him. I also watched most of the Lions v GB game but man, it was S-L-O-W! Between the aerial attack and the numerous penalties it just went on and on. Once the Browns game started we asked the pub to put it on a tv next to our game so we could keep our eye on it. It had many shades of that Baylor v Washington Bowl game. A lot of offense but no defense whatsoever. GB had better tighten up too or else they might get upset in the playoffs!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Some great college bowl games yesterday!

Michigan St. beating Georgia in triple over time! Congrats to Alan, who must have a weary head right now.

Oregon winning the Rose Bowl for the first time in 95 years! People are going crazy over here. Good for the school and the state.

Oklahoma State beating Stanford in over time in the Fiesta Bowl! Wow, now that was an incredibly fun game. I feel soooo bad for Stanford's kicker. Stanford should have won that game...twice!

Lots of food, friends, football and fun yesterday. Just like the new year is supposed to be. Back to the grind today feeling a tad bit heavier and not as rested as I would have wanted.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

I hope the Lions beat the fucking "Sainted" Drew Brees...not looking good right now but still a lot of time left.
Minky
Known user

Post by Minky »

Haha, Pittsburgh has just been TEBOWED!
redcloud
Known user

Post by redcloud »

Minky wrote:Haha, Pittsburgh has just been TEBOWED!
What a game! I SOOOO enjoyed that. Bye bye Pittsburgh. :lol: :lol:

Thank you Denver! Thank you Tim Tebow!
spacemanrich
Known user

Post by spacemanrich »

What a game ! I liked that better than the Saints vs. Lions game, at least you kinda know the outcome, but last nite's game was totally different ! The criticism of Tebow has been immense, but he fought thru and had one of his best games in his young NFL career : 300+ yards passing, 2-3 touchdowns, qb rating of 125 pts. , etc., etc. He chewed up the Steelers secondary with ( oh my gosh ) long passes ! The OT play was brilliant ! Not bad for a 4th string qb going into the season and naysayers saying that he can't pass and play in a NFL style offense ...

I'm not a god fearing bloke, but I'm a disciple now. Jesus is alive. :wink: