Man U vs Man City

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

spzretent
Site Admin

Man U vs Man City

Post by spzretent »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/footbal ... 265810.stm

If this had happened here at an American Football game and someone ran on the field they are fair game. It has happened. And the players are treated as heroes.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Man U vs Man City

Post by runcible »

Shame he didn't land one on Bellamy before he was arrested.

Bellamy is one of the biggest cocks in football.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

you are right about Bellamy, hes a twat, i hate him, his team, and the other team too, but i dont agree with you at all, its only a matter of time before a player gets stabbed/ seriously hurt by some nutter invading the pitch. I was suprised that no player was injured during the west ham/millwall fiasco.
runcible wrote:Shame he didn't land one on Bellamy before he was arrested.

runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

solarflarez wrote:you are right about Bellamy, hes a twat, i hate him, his team, and the other team too, but i dont agree with you at all, its only a matter of time before a player gets stabbed/ seriously hurt by some nutter invading the pitch.
Rather a tongue-in-cheek throwaway comment there from me. Of course I don't really advocate violence towards players, officials or even between supporters. Bellamy is pretty high on the shit list though - sounds like a horrible man. But then you think of Joey Barton and suddenly Bellamy seems angelic...
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

ask Monica Seles.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

Post by Stuart X.Hunter »

runcible wrote:
I thought that was Dion Dublin...oh, you said is the biggest cock :oops:

Surprised nobody has questioned a certain "lack of form" Ferdinand and his moody centre-half buddy Vidic who decided to berate Bellamy for his (IMO) "nothing" attack on some nugget fan...If only Rio had shown a turn of pace as he did to get too Bellamy when he gave the ball away on the half-way line when lil Craig scored.

Also; Gary Neville is now an abomination of a player IMO...twice now he has shown that he is past it and more interested in antagonising the people who (inadvertently) pay his wages...

All in all it was an entertaining game...and a twelth...interesting for me though that we seemed to have one team who were "overjoyed" to accept a draw and another who only know the word "WIN"...but they both had 7mins.

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

if the scum were winning at 90 mins, there would have been no injury time at all, and no i wont comment about any lack of form from any of them players, i wouldnt waste my fingertips typing anything about them
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

solarflarez wrote:if the scum were winning at 90 mins, there would have been no injury time at all, and no i wont comment about any lack of form from any of them players, i wouldnt waste my fingertips typing anything about them
You just did. :wink:
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
bruce_brobertson
Known user

Post by bruce_brobertson »

I have to disagree with the insinuations that the added minutes were put on in United's favour. The injury time was added for both Manchester United and Manchester City's gain, either side could have scored a fourth, the mere fact that City were happy to 'take the money and run' is their problem, United however wanted the 3 points and thus went (and got) for the winner. I watched the game and not once saw Sir Alex nagging the 4th official for the time added on.

Can anyone say Mark Hughes wouldve had complaints if City had made it 3-3 in the same situation? Nah thought not.

As for the pitch invader, fair play, he is a fan and just wanted to run onto the pitch to celebrate with the players..Bellamy was bang out of order to do what he did, the fan was under control by the 2 stewards and had no intention of spitting at Bellamy.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Gary Neville? He's been an arse for donkey's years. Joey Barton remains the most revolting player I can think of though.

Bruce - your red-tinted spectacles are very amusing. If Man U had been winning and it was in the 7th minute of injury time do you think Ferguson wouldn't have been nagging the 4th official? 'Nah, thought not'.

As for saying 'fair play' regarding a man who runs onto the pitch... My earlier comment was far from being serious - I am amazed anyone can condone someone running onto the pitch for any reason whatsoever. Maybe because he was a Man U fan you think it's OK - but it's not. A life ban and criminal record should be imposed on anyone who invades a football pitch.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

runcible wrote:Gary Neville? He's been an arse for donkey's years. Joey Barton remains the most revolting player I can think of though.

Bruce - your red-tinted spectacles are very amusing. If Man U had been winning and it was in the 7th minute of injury time do you think Ferguson wouldn't have been nagging the 4th official? 'Nah, thought not'.

As for saying 'fair play' regarding a man who runs onto the pitch... My earlier comment was far from being serious - I am amazed anyone can condone someone running onto the pitch for any reason whatsoever. Maybe because he was a Man U fan you think it's OK - but it's not. A life ban and criminal record should be imposed on anyone who invades a football pitch.
Ahh football..it's a riddle covered in an enigma wrapped in a jobby!
Bruce' failing was running the "correct" point about "additional time" being there for both teams to utilise, with the pap payday pic of Fergie and Wiley.

Agreed; a fan has no right whatsoever to be on the pitch. Just as a fan has no right to throw objects at players. Just as much as a fan has no right to hurl racist insults at players.
However; we see players DELIBERATLEY harming others recently Adebayor on Fabregas (another pitch invader) and Van Persie (who along with Kuyt (who did get booked) and Robben should have been dismissed at Hampden recently for there theatrics).
In addition Mascherano last night on Beckford.
Also we have Drogba throwing thing (back) into the crowd and Adebayor (loves his controversy) celebrating a goal with the wrong fans a few weeks ago and Gary Neville adopting similar tactics.
Lastly we have Diouf accused of making a racist insult towards a child.

Is it any wonder?

I read with astonishment last week as UEFA decided that Eduardo had not dived.
It must have been the possibility of intent of contact that may have come from Boruc that changed there minds.
That ol' nugget!

It won't be long until we see something like Keane' on Halland again (incidentally only a 3 match ban was recieved initially for that).

Think the FA (or whatever quango it is) needs to sort out policing the players...as these "idols/icons" forget the influence they have on there followers.

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

solarflarez wrote:if the scum were winning at 90 mins, there would have been no injury time at all, and no i wont comment about any lack of form from any of them players, i wouldnt waste my fingertips typing anything about them
:roll:
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

sunray wrote:
You just did. :wink:
i didnt, i was wearing thimbles!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
bruce_brobertson
Known user

runcible wrote:As for saying 'fair play' regarding a man who runs onto the pitch... My earlier comment was far from being serious - I am amazed anyone can condone someone running onto the pitch for any reason whatsoever. Maybe because he was a Man U fan you think it's OK - but it's not. A life ban and criminal record should be imposed on anyone who invades a football pitch.
Ok look from this perspective, its pre-season and its Manchester United V European XI. It is friendly game but playing are some of the worlds best players,and it is almost a full house at Old Trafford. A streaker runs onto the pitch and is greeted by roars of laughter by the fans and even manages to raise afew smiles from the player.

Do you think that this individual should also be banned for a lifetime?

I agree (to an extent) with what you are saying about pitch invasions, but I can understand where the lad was coming from,he had just been on his way out and turned and saw the winning goal being scored, I can see where is he coming from in terms of a rush of adrenaline he mustve got.
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ppage-time
After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when they are in front. In 48 games when United were ahead, the average amount of stoppage time was 191.35 seconds. In 12 matches when United were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.
solarflarez
Known user

Post by solarflarez »

I agree (to an extent) with what you are saying about pitch invasions, but I can understand where the lad was coming from,he had just been on his way out and turned and saw the winning goal being scored, I can see where is he coming from in terms of a rush of adrenaline he mustve got.[/quote]
on his way out?? ah, he's true fan then?
bruce_brobertson
Known user

Who really cares about the pitch invader to be honest, in all a great game which we (united) deserved to win...Man City, for all their well taken opportunities didnt deserve anything from the game, they were outplayed for the entire 2nd half, only mistakes from Ben Foster GIFTED them 2 dirt cheap goals.

Am I the only red on this forum?
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

No.
cantona
Known user

Post by cantona »

mkb wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ppage-time
After the controversy over Michael Owen's winning goal in Sunday's Manchester derby, the Guardian has looked at all of United's league matches at Old Trafford since the start of the 2006-07 season and discovered that, on average, there has been over a minute extra added by referees when United do not have the lead after 90 minutes, compared to when they are in front. In 48 games when United were ahead, the average amount of stoppage time was 191.35 seconds. In 12 matches when United were drawing or losing there was an average of 257.17sec.
If anyone had of seen Sky Sports News last nite, then they'll have seen the stats they produced for the average stoppage time played at each the top four teams homegrounds since 2006.

United were bottom of the pile on something like 3.23 mins, Liverpool next with something like 3.27, then Arsenal & top of the pile - the team who has got the most minutes of stoppage time was Chelsea, with something like an average of 3.49 minutes!

I sense the Guardian know those stats but have their own agenda to sell papers, so they use another angle. The only stats that need reading are those that I have listed above. There's less stoppage time played on average at Old Trafford than the other teams that make up the top four - FACHT!
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Guess we found out the one thing Citeh can't buy then.... TIME.

:lol:
mkb
Known user

Post by mkb »

cantona wrote:
mkb wrote:http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009 ... ppage-time
If anyone had of seen Sky Sports News last nite, then they'll have seen the stats they produced for the average stoppage time played at each the top four teams homegrounds since 2006.

United were bottom of the pile on something like 3.23 mins, Liverpool next with something like 3.27, then Arsenal & top of the pile - the team who has got the most minutes of stoppage time was Chelsea, with something like an average of 3.49 minutes!

I sense the Guardian know those stats but have their own agenda to sell papers, so they use another angle. The only stats that need reading are those that I have listed above. There's less stoppage time played on average at Old Trafford than the other teams that make up the top four - FACHT!
Yes, but the issue isn't the amount of stoppage time itself, it's if more is added when a team isn't winning that's the issue, which the stats you've provided don't account for.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Red-tinted spectacles make you see one thing but not another it seems. Course the non Man U fans have known that for years of course.
Stuart X.Hunter
Known user

runcible wrote:Red-tinted spectacles make you see one thing but not another it seems. Course the non Man U fans have known that for years of course.
And I'm sure they're all "high-fiving" each other for there cleverness.

Why did Man City not close Giggs down?
Why did Richards get attracted to the middle of the penalty area?
Why did Wright-Phillips fail to see what was about to happen?
Why has Given not realised that staying on your feet and standing tall was the way to difuse Owen' chance?

Whilst Owen took 3 paces backwards, waved his arms like a lunatic for the pass and probably had the time (no pun intended) to piss himself at the room he got...were the 3 City players mentioned above thinking about time added on?
Probably!

But then surely with there red-tinted spectatcles crushed on the ground they should have known what was coming.

Best,

Stuart
Shoulders back, smash it