what happened after return of the jedi...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

bunnyben
Known user

what happened after return of the jedi...

Post by bunnyben »

'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
marcvolta
Known user

Re: what happened after return of the jedi...

Post by marcvolta »

i too have never seen star wars(i mean not a second of it) and i am a very happy person with out having seen it...

i dont understand why people i know are so crazy over it, then again maybe i should see it before judging, but i like the thought of living my entire life without having seen it
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

it contains all of the elements of the perfect story- a prince, a quest, a wizzard, an evil lord plus the philosphy of good vs evil etc. if like me you adore stories you;ll love it
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

The roman empire, the early caliphate, buddhism, garbage disposal, fat business men, yeti/bigfoot and teddybears that live on the moon+ some greek and persian mythology.. and the usual orphan unaware that he is of royal blood.
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
echobaseone
Known user

Post by echobaseone »

I think you really have to be of a certain age for Star Wars to have a profound effect on you. I saw the first one (or fourth one, I guess?) on my 8th birthday, and it just blew me away. My mum took my brother and I out of school to see Empire Strikes Back on opening day...one of the best days of my young life. Return of the Jedi was alright, the first half was great, but even at 13, I could see the marketing value in the Ewoks.
Interesting thing about Return of the Jedi...George Lucas approached David Lynch to direct it!!! Lynch was kinda feeling burned by the whole Dune thing, so declined. But can you imagine?
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

echobaseone wrote:George Lucas approached David Lynch to direct it!!! Lynch was kinda feeling burned by the whole Dune thing, so declined. But can you imagine?
That would have been totally amazing - Darth Vader talking backwards and shrinking for no apparent reason, Luke waking up half way through to discover he is really just a lowly imperial stormtrooper in the midst of a psychedelic dream, and the final battle scenes shot within a sinister location just outside the wrong part of town...

The emperor remains unseen throughout, communicating only by telephone whilst residing in a mysterious underground room lit by a single flickering lightbulb...whilst the true hero of the story is revealed to be one of the robots being tortured at Jabba's Stripclub.

"Never seen Star wars..." - really? :shock: For me, xmas as a boy would not have been the same without it!

In saying that I think all those films were made for a younger audience anyway - and they all have marketing shit going on. Haven't seen them in ages...

I wish they'd reinvent real light sabers though. Be fucking amazing having one of them. "Square go?" :D
O P 8
veiko
Known user

Post by veiko »

i'm sure that nobody knows that some finnish dudes made a full-lenght parody of "star wars". it's called "star wreck".
made it totally out of their own pockets. it's totally underground. no money from banks. it took seven years to make it! (you actually can see some actors getting older in some later shots).
and it's free for downloading. it was pretty big news in europe years ago, but i'm sure most of you missed it in UK.

here you can have it:

http://www.starwreck.com/

if you hesitate and think it's nonsense, read FAQ:

http://www.starwreck.com/faq.php

of course i have seen it and it's more than alright. it's really not the case, that you always have to remember, that it's self-made. all the action is considerably good and remarkable visual action is fantastic. it's a parody. and it's self-made. don't compare it with "shaun of the dead" for example, this one was made in seven years and nobody with major skills in writing a movie collaborated. download it, grab a some beer and have a laugh. it's worth it.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

marcvolta wrote:i too have never seen star wars(i mean not a second of it) and i am a very happy person with out having seen it...
I think if these words were ever spoken by a chap of my generation here in the UK then there would probably be a belated call to the NSPCC child cruelty line! :lol:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone