MP3 download sites other than I-Tunes

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Shinesalight
Known user

MP3 download sites other than I-Tunes

Post by Shinesalight »

Can any of you recommend any alternative MP3 download sites to I-Tunes? There are some tracks that I wanted to download but couldn't find on I-Tunes (by the way - do they have any kind of rule that you can't pay for an individual track that is longer than 10 mins as a couple of tracks I am after are over this length?).

Cheers, Ads...
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
NightWash
Site Admin

Re: MP3 download sites other than I-Tunes

Post by NightWash »

Well - i just know the non-commercial site Jamendo but you wont find there what youre looking for. But maybe an "alternative". I enjoy browsing through the songs and sometimes i also find a nice "undercover" band.

In germany many bigger stores like Media Markt and Saturn also offer music downloads. But i never have tested it. Amazon, afaik, offers also mp3 downloads. If i was you i would avoid all those "get mp3 for free" sites since theyre usually not really free and may have hidden contract details which may cause a lot of trouble.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Having the same problem with Amazon in that they don't offer the tracks I want which are over 10 mins. Is this just conicidence or Amazon and I-Tunes policy?. If its the latter then Neil Young can't do too well on track downloads!
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
flokie
Known user

Post by flokie »

Pretty much every online record shop sells MP3s nowadays!

The main mainstream alternative to itunes, as in they sell only MP3s inc. major records is 7digital.com
play.com also sell MP3s nowadays.

For non mainstream artists, some of the best places are probably:
bleep.com (warp's shop, they've now fused it with the warpmart. they sell .wav. and .flac too)
boomkat.com

The last site I can think of just now is we7.com - free streaming with ads (or premium subs) like spotify, but they also sell mp3s directly.

And I hardly ever buy mp3s!