The future...

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

simonkeeping
Known user

The future...

Post by simonkeeping »

So here we are. 2010. Just 5 years away from the year depicted in the Back to the Future II.
After pondering this fact at the weekend I have a question for you.

Wheres my flying car?

I heard on the news a while back the technology exists to make a flying car but due to flying regulations they may never go into production. Which saddens me no end. Those pesky regulations will mean I will only ever drive a car on the road, on wheels....

So if you'll forgive my flight of fancy, what would you most like to see in the future or even better, NOW. Im not talking world peace (although it would be very nice), I'm talking flying cars, hoverboards, those crazy sky roads from Minority Report, computer screens that are holograms. And most importantly JET PACKS!

Let the fun begin....
http://www.soundcloud.com/haarlemriots
Laz69
Known user

Re: The future...

Post by Laz69 »

The gamer in me wants...

The ability to upload your own tracks/MP3s to Guitar Hero and to have them converted for playing... :D :D :D

Proper VR headsets for playing games like CoD... i want to be INSIDE the game!!!
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

simonkeeping wrote:So here we are. 2010. Just 5 years away from the year depicted in the Back to the Future II.
..but there will be synthetic/artificial life in a few months or at least less than a year..
and in a few years when advanced genomics take off we will have lots of new 100% man-designed bacteria that can help save the world.

It´s not impossible that we could have good microbial fuel cells within five years. That´s what I will use to propel my jetpack.

I don´t care about an ugly car from the 80:s. Just buy a helicopter ffs!

..but you are definitely right about jetpacks! One of the single most important inventions of mankind!
I have been waiting since the 84 olympics.. :cry: Hell.. even the nazis had jump packs, why are they not more common?
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
Greeny
Known user

Post by Greeny »

A Spacemen 3 reunion....
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

We can at least all turn up with out jetpacks and hoverboards when that happens.. :lol:
bunnyben
Known user

Post by bunnyben »

i have my homer and a packed lunch, all set for my odyssey...just need nasa to get off their backsides and give me a spaceship...
'raging and weeping are left on the early road
now each in his holy hill
the glittering and hurting days are alomst done
then let us compare mythologies
i have learned my elaborate lie
of soaring crosses and poisened thorns'
Luminescence
Known user

Post by Luminescence »

I'm sure they're more than 5 years away, but i'm still waiting for time machines. For me, they are ultimate. Just think, no more...'Oh i wish saw that legendary gig by The Stones back in 1965!!! 8)
Hey Jayne
sunray
Known user

Post by sunray »

Luminescence wrote:I'm sure they're more than 5 years away, but i'm still waiting for time machines. For me, they are ultimate. Just think, no more...'Oh i wish saw that legendary gig by The Stones back in 1965!!! 8)
Isn't there some law of physics that basically says time travel is possible, but only forwards not back? :?
Nineteen...Nineteen...Six Five
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

sunray wrote:
Luminescence wrote:I'm sure they're more than 5 years away, but i'm still waiting for time machines. For me, they are ultimate. Just think, no more...'Oh i wish saw that legendary gig by The Stones back in 1965!!! 8)
Isn't there some law of physics that basically says time travel is possible, but only forwards not back? :?
Yes only forwards.. and cloning wont help either since the epigenetics would be impossible to reproduce exactly.
The clones would not even look the same.
..but there is still hope - Imagine if the universe is just a big loop.. perhaps we could travel forward to the next time it is 1965.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

Hoverboards for definite. Maybe those auto-velcro trainers as well?

I'm already wearing my jeans pockets outside-in to be 'ahead of the game'.

Another wish would be my own personal, robot army.... :D
O P 8
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

scratch wrote: ..but there will be synthetic/artificial life in a few months or at least less than a year..
and in a few years when advanced genomics take off we will have lots of new 100% man-designed bacteria that can help save the world.
Looks like I was wrong.. not a few months - in fact only one month after my post!! :D

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/2010/ ... ife-genome