Copyright abuse: Nazi Fuckwits use of Spiritualized music

For anything else...

Moderators: sunny, BzaInSpace, spzretent, MODLAB, NightWash

Antifa
New user

Copyright abuse: Nazi Fuckwits use of Spiritualized music

Post by Antifa »

Like many anti-fascists, Antifa check the BNP website regularly.

On doing so today, we found a video on BNPtv showing the 'Chairman's Trafalgar Club speech 2010" which for some reason begins with a Spiritualized track, before old lard arse Griffin starts speaking.

The track is from one on the Electric Mainline LP. You may wish to object!
Ian
Known user

Re: Copyright abuse: BNP use of Spiritualized music

Post by Ian »

It's actaully Sway from LGM.

Pierce and Refoy should sue the wankers.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Urk - that's not good. Get it off that site please!
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Re: Copyright abuse: BP use of Spiritualized music

Post by BzaInSpace »

Unbelievable.

(Where are the turkish hackers when you need them...)

Shut the fuckin' bastards down if possible.
O P 8
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

This has been reported to the right channels so I hope it'll be sorted soon.
toomilk
Known user

Post by toomilk »

disgusting...
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

weird... feels a bit like the soundtrack to "This Is England"

Not the thing I would like to show my kids.

Look dad listens to music for racist pigs.

M
Design.
spzretent
Site Admin

Post by spzretent »

This is not good. I just watched a bit of it. Quite a motley looking crew there. Good place for an underwear bomber.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

Hmm...I'm sure there are a variety of antifa slogans, posters, flyers, publications that may contravene copyright.

Militancy at it's best here...using a third party to complain about something.

B,
S.
BzaInSpace
Site Admin

Post by BzaInSpace »

So... is this a complaint regarding a complainant using a third-party to make a complaint???

"Wheels within wheels!"

Thing is, whether Antifa use copyright material or not doesn't bother me in the slightest.

On the other hand, an odious bunch racist scumbags appropriating Spz does get my heckles up - whatever that means.
O P 8
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

Barry, those heckles sound bad, an ointment perhaps?

I rather think someone felt SWAY to be suitable lead in music too a piece of film.

I'm not complaining; just a bit miffed that the source hasn't bothered there arse to go through the appropriate channels.
Antifa wrote:ANTIFA is a collective of militant anti-fascists committed to opposing the rise of the far-right in Britain and abroad. They believe in the 'no platform' philosophy and the tradition of fighting fascism/racism stretching back to Cable Street, Red Lion Square, Lewisham, and Waterloo. They are a network of various organisations and individuals who see anti-fascism as part of the class struggle. http://www.antifa.org.uk
info [at] antifa.org
PO Box 467, London E8 3QX
For me; one is a hooligan brigade that hide behind tolerance and the other is a hooligan brigade that cover up intolerance. Both are equally deluded that they prey on anything other than the insecurities of the common person. Which long-term isn't a great starting point. Therefore both are equally disgusting to me.

B,
S.
Ian
Known user

Post by Ian »

Hmm, which is worse... an anti-fascist group who may have a touch of the naive about them, who may do a little too much screaming and shouting, but who are basically anti-hatred and oppose right-wing bigots... or a group of racist fuckers who would like to see my wife thrown out of the country for having the wrong ancestry?

It's a tough call. I'll let you know when I've thought it through.
I have a passion sweet Lord...
http://www.spacemen3.co.uk
scratch
Known user

Post by scratch »

Guessed wrote:
For me; one is a hooligan brigade that hide behind tolerance and the other is a hooligan brigade that cover up intolerance. Both are equally deluded that they prey on anything other than the insecurities of the common person. Which long-term isn't a great starting point. Therefore both are equally disgusting to me.

B,
S.
I think kids who fight in the schoolyard are as bad as Hitler... maybe worse
"the greatest example of self-violation in the history of art"
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

Ian wrote:Hmm, which is worse... an anti-fascist group who may have a touch of the naive about them, who may do a little too much screaming and shouting, but who are basically anti-hatred and oppose right-wing bigots... or a group of racist fuckers who would like to see my wife thrown out of the country for having the wrong ancestry?

It's a tough call. I'll let you know when I've thought it through.
A touch of the naive. I think they appear fairly experienced. Funny how when something fits with your "ideals" you can dum it down. I doubt these "racist fuckers" some ~15,000 members of a population approaching 62,000,000 people will be causing too much of a stir anytime soon.

Anyway, I wasn't asking who you stand with I was giving my opinion on the source of the original post and trying to make some sense as to why the hysteria. I mean a simple "that's illegal" would've sufficed but i think some of the comments as to what "it" means and how this portrays fans of the abused group and comments about the abuser are OTT. Which finally makes me think that the reason for the original post was not as intended and I really can't condone people who hide there modus operandi behind something else. There's enough of that in todays society.
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

scratch wrote:
Guessed wrote:

B,
S.
Hitler?

You're right; he is the real fucking danger at the minute.
MODLAB
Site Admin

Post by MODLAB »

Guessed wrote:
scratch wrote:
Guessed wrote:

B,
S.
Hitler?

You're right; he is the real fucking danger at the minute.

Stop reminding me about the 4th Reich...

B,

M
Design.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I think the central point is that music by people we respect (and who don't share the views of the people who have hijacked it for their own purposes) is being used in a promotional context that is linked with far right politics.

That disgusts me and I would like it if it was stopped. I find your view point puzzling Stuart. People here are laying into the BNP more than anything else - you seem more interested in the people who spotted them using Spiritualized's music.
Guessed
Known user

Post by Guessed »

runcible wrote:I think the central point is that music by people we respect (and who don't share the views of the people who have hijacked it for their own purposes) is being used in a promotional context that is linked with far right politics.
Hijacked/Appropriated/Copyright Abuse. These are pretty strong words for what all of us have probably done at some point. Taken "something" legally owned by somebody else (without paying a fee to use it) and used it for our own ends. That's the crime. I don't think all of sudden the world is going to label Spiritualized as a band with far-right leanings.
runcible wrote:That disgusts me and I would like it if it was stopped. I find your view point puzzling Stuart. People here are laying into the BNP more than anything else - you seem more interested in the people who spotted them using Spiritualized's music.
Yes and you've done that by correspondence through the correct channels. You haven't self-promoted your ideas.

I'm glad you mentioned the BNP as someone started referencing Hitler.

What annoys me is that this thread was setup by a person representing a group that promotes things that I don't ascribe too. Namely; violence towards people because of there ideology (however much I disagree with it) and cessation (due to said ideology) of freedom of speech.
Now are we all of a sudden encouraging that?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I think you are getting away from the point Stuart. I didn't even look at the link provided in the first post, I just looked for the Spiritualized reference on the BNP site, found it and then reported it to spazed99. If the BNP themselves had come on here and said they'd used the music I'd have done the same thing. For me the source is far less relevant than the information itself.

The important thing is that Spiritualized's music was being used by a political party who's views aren't shared or supported by the people who wrote the music - nor by anyone (I'm confident in saying this) who uses this forum.

It might interest you to know that someone connected to the song wrote to me and expressed absolute outrage that Sway was being used as they are so anti-BNP. That's enough for me to realise something had to be done to stop it although I'd already written to spazed99 by that point.

What's annoying is that Sway is still there on that video. I hope that stops soon.