'Ello, 'ello, 'ello - what's all this then?

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Greeny
Known user

'Ello, 'ello, 'ello - what's all this then?

Post by Greeny »

Just had a mailer from Fuzz Club including a promo for a new film called Trip. Includes this blurb, and the emphasis is mine:

The film features live performances and intimate behind the scenes footage of bands and musicians from the U.S, U.K, Iceland, Europe and South Africa. Experience the garage psych legend Roky Erickson on tour with current day stalwarts The Black Angels, a one off Spacemen 3 reunion, go behind the scenes with Dead Skeletons, candid footage with Tess Parks, Anton Newcombe and The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Sonic Boom, The Night Beats in Africa, The Underground Youth and Medicine Boy in Berlin and a glimpse into the emerging Global psych scene, with the fans that attend great annual pilgrimages such as Levitation and Desert Daze. Trip will take you beyond and above, a sensory experience in film!

Have I missed something here?????
Spiby
Known user

Re: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello - what's all this then?

Post by Spiby »

Greeny wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:43 pm Just had a mailer from Fuzz Club including a promo for a new film called Trip. Includes this blurb, and the emphasis is mine:

The film features live performances and intimate behind the scenes footage of bands and musicians from the U.S, U.K, Iceland, Europe and South Africa. Experience the garage psych legend Roky Erickson on tour with current day stalwarts The Black Angels, a one off Spacemen 3 reunion, go behind the scenes with Dead Skeletons, candid footage with Tess Parks, Anton Newcombe and The Brian Jonestown Massacre, Sonic Boom, The Night Beats in Africa, The Underground Youth and Medicine Boy in Berlin and a glimpse into the emerging Global psych scene, with the fans that attend great annual pilgrimages such as Levitation and Desert Daze. Trip will take you beyond and above, a sensory experience in film!

Have I missed something here?????
I reckon it's probably alluding to the Natty Brooker benefit gig from 2010 http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/0 ... valentine/

(Sorry to be a spoilsport)
purespace
Known user

Re: 'Ello, 'ello, 'ello - what's all this then?

Post by purespace »

Could also be the Austin Psych Fest that Sonic played as Spectrum and Will played with Dead Skeltons. I believe Will played bass for Spectrum that day.
I think I feel it coming on