how's yr oil pack? / The World Vs. MSP!

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Laz69
Known user

Re: how's yr oil pack? / The World Vs. MSP!

Post by Laz69 »

Paul Quinn became TFC drummer and then went solo... three quality albums out of him as The Primary 5... Sushil K Dade played with the BMX Bandits and then became Future Pilot AKA and has at least 4 good solo albums out there... Sean Dickenson became High Fidelity... Jim McCulloch formed Green Peppers and put out a couple of great solo albums and is currently also playing in the BMX Bandits...
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Laz69 wrote:
olan wrote: The Soup Dragons
Aww c'mon... they were actually a good band. Its always the worst song that everyone remembers them by... a bit unfair!
They were quite fun until they hit the "there's always been a dance element to our music" after which was the "worst song that everyone remembers them by". That tune was unforgivable, right down there with EMF really......
Laz69
Known user

Post by Laz69 »

olan wrote:
Laz69 wrote:
olan wrote: The Soup Dragons
Aww c'mon... they were actually a good band. Its always the worst song that everyone remembers them by... a bit unfair!
They were quite fun until they hit the "there's always been a dance element to our music" after which was the "worst song that everyone remembers them by". That tune was unforgivable, right down there with EMF really......
Haha... yeah... didn't really do themselves much justice with that... although Sushil probably had some beats up his sleeve back then!
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I saw the Soup Dragons live in London just after 'I'm Free' came out. The place was totally rammed and the crowd went absolutely mental throughout. The band were rather average and then vanished into the ether after that tour - I remember thinking it was odd as they seemed to have the indie dance world in the palm of their hand. I'm guessing they made more music after that but their time had obviously evaporated.
spunder
Known user

Post by spunder »

i have 2 CD oil packs, both in excellent condition. i adore this album.

dont like MSP.
burningwheel
Known user

Post by burningwheel »

only like early soup dragons, ie the first few singles when they reminded me of the buzzcocks. only early MSP was good, vocals had more angst when richie was in the band
[url=http://www.loveisforever.org]Primal Scream, My Bloody Valentine, Swervedriver, Chapterhouse, The Telescopes, Loop, Verve and more![/url]
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

Crass were the real deal. They managed to piss everyone off and the establishment genuinely considered them dangerous. The security services held files on them. They operated outside the confines of the music "industry" proper and the music was only part of what they were trying to do. They were a movement and they are still inspiring people today.

Fucking Manic Street Preachers. They would have hated Crass, too.