Sunshine Valley Dance Band

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

andyblacktoo
Known user

Sunshine Valley Dance Band

Post by andyblacktoo »

Just noticed this, and someone asked me to point out the next time he plays.

Mark Refoy plays with the Sunshine Valley Dance Band

Fri 3rd Dec. Northampton Labour Club

see here

http://www.jazzbutcher.com/htdb/gigs/2004/Dec3.html
Ian

Post by Ian »

...and in London on November 20th. And then they're changing their name!

Click!

The December gig was going to be a Slipstream one, but that plan seems to have changed.

Love,

Ian
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

crikey, 2 refoy gigs in a month.....

not surprised by the name change though, it always made me think of the goombay dance band.........

that'll be a new order fanatic for you....

I like the `it wont start with an s` thing.......

The SVDB will no longer be known under that name

after the last gig booked under that name on Dec 3rd

at Northampton Labour Club. The band feel the name is too

long and unweildy and a name change will provide them

with a greater impetus and a fresh direction. The band

haven't decided what to call themselves yet but it

will be shorter, snappier, and it won't start with S.
Spiby
Known user

Post by Spiby »

Ian wrote:...and in London on November 20th. And then they're changing their name!

Click!

The December gig was going to be a Slipstream one, but that plan seems to have changed.

Love,

Ian
Sorry - my fault. It was always going to be an SVDB gig, it was wishful thinking on my part when I put it up on the website - Mark had been telling me about the exciting new Slipstream material (can't wait!!) when he gave me the SVDB dates.

Pete
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

Sorry - my fault. It was always going to be an SVDB gig, it was wishful thinking on my part when I put it up on the website - Mark had been telling me about the exciting new Slipstream material (can't wait!!) when he gave me the SVDB dates.

Pete

I've heard some of this, Mark sent me a cd-r. It's really rather good, and some of it he played at the slipstream gig at the labour club, last april (was it??)
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

Slightly off-topic, but I recently picked up Ultrasound's 'Everything Picture'
for 3 quid. I was pleasantly surprised. The terrible reaction it got at the time was completely undeserved. There's some really good tracks on it.

Post by Guest »

Spiby wrote:

Pete
Ooops!! This IS now going to be a Slipstream gig. Mark's been offered a Showcase gig at the Dublin Castle in Camden on the 4th Dec, so this will be a warm up, and a longer set than on the 4th.

Hey Andy - will you be at the SVDB gig tomorrow night? We'll have to meet up. I'm hoping to get the new Slipstream CD-R off Mark while I'm there...

For those that may be interested, The Telescopes are also on the bill tomorrow night.

Pete

Post by Guest »

aaagh, typical, i cant come tonight, and most probably cant make the 3rd either, but can make the 4th so I may have to go to Camden to see him.

the cd is very good though, I think Jonny hasnt played on it, or at least all the drums seem electronic, but it would probably be even better with the mattock touch. (i think they are just demos after all)
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

sorry forgot to log in.

pete i can'tcome to Northampton, I'd love to but I've got something arranged and i cant get out of it. I'm looking into making the Camden date though

For everyone else, it seems Mark has changed turn and the Fri 3rd Dec gig at the Labour club will be a Slipstream gig, precluding a date at the Camden Dublin Castle for Sat 4th Dec.

so if you want to witness the spectacle of Mary Refoy, Jon Mattock and Ray Dicakty on the stage together er, well.... then don't miss this gig.

They played the Labour club last April, it was ace, and packed, and a xmas return should be highly anticipated.

See here

http://www.jazzbutcher.com/htdb/gigs/2004/Dec3.html

oh and I guess there is a good chance, you may witness Pat Fish attack various tracks from his back catalogue as well.