Taang!/Fire Releases

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

toomilk
Known user

Taang!/Fire Releases

Post by toomilk »

If anyone has been paying attention ("trainspotter" may be a key term here...), Taang! and Fire have collaborated to "re-release" Taang!'s SP3 catalog with slightly different artwork. I saw the Singles album and the cover was the Take Me to the Other Side 12" cover with some slight changes. The back label had both Taang! and Fire logos on it.

I don't have own any of these releases, so I can't comment on their sound, but I would assume that they are no different than the Taang! ones.
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Taang!/Fire Releases

Post by runcible »

Check out the 2nd issue of Optical Sounds for Pete K's views on Fire regarding stuff like this!
ononist
Known user

Post by ononist »

Is that available to buy Runci?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Taang deserves some credit for keeping the Sp3 catalog so accessible in the U.S. in the years and years when the Spacemen weren't as fashionable as they've become, but their pressings are REALLY bad. My Perfect Prescription has a skip in the middle of Ode To Street Hassle that's not from any damage to the CD.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Taang! deserve no credit at all. They cut out several minutes from the middle of Rollercoaster in order to fit the singles onto a single CD. Absolutely unforgivable and, obviously, artistically completely wrong. Their licence should have been cancelled there and then.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

ononist wrote:Is that available to buy Runci?
Yes - see the 'other' thread. Looks good too.