More Ebay madness

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

runcible
Site Admin

Re: More Ebay madness

Post by runcible »

sunray wrote:A fool and his money eh? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SPACEMEN-3-vinta ... 0743870168 :shock:
Those shirts were notoriously good at turning into tents as the fabric was poor quality. Must have thrown at least 2 away in my time!
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

I feel really good about the £250 Spacemen 3 vinyl job lot I shelled out for having seen the price of that tee-shirt. I wonder if somebody was eBaying while drunk......
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

olan wrote:I feel really good about the £250 Spacemen 3 vinyl job lot I shelled out for having seen the price of that tee-shirt. I wonder if somebody was eBaying while drunk......
There was the black design with the sleeves cut off on Ebay a year or so ago and that went for a shitload of money too.
plastic37
Known user

Post by plastic37 »

Love seeing these bits of ebay madness.
I guess this t shirt has added value as it features on the lp sleeve but even so...
I just tried to find another t shirt currently for sale at £250. Prada, FCUK or some such nonsense. Gave up!
Heavy Tourism
imagne
Known user

Post by imagne »

yowsa! ive got that tshirt, bought it at the july 89 t&c gig. its been sitting in the top of my wardrobe for 15+ yrs...think ill dig it out & stick it on ebay at those prices
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

runcible wrote:
sunray wrote:A fool and his money eh? http://www.ebay.ie/itm/SPACEMEN-3-vinta ... 0743870168 :shock:
Those shirts were notoriously good at turning into tents as the fabric was poor quality. Must have thrown at least 2 away in my time!
Yep, they were bloody awful. I went through two as well. The prints faded and they became shapeless within a few washes.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

How much difference is there between that supposed original 1989 shirt, and the ones like I've got (bought from Pete Kember a few years ago) as I can't see any difference, though I don't have mine to hand ... as far as I recall it looks the same :?:
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Quite a few appeared later on with the Popworld logo and with the word 'fucked' censored. Is yours like that?
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

I've been a fan for about 10 years or so, certainly less than some of you who've been around since the mid-80s, but it's been odd over the years to see Spacemen 3 vs. Spiritualized vs. Sonic Boom get more and less trendy and gradually become a widely praised legacy cult act rather than the spaced-out misfits. The prices of these items reflect the madness of it all.
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

runcible wrote:Quite a few appeared later on with the Popworld logo and with the word 'fucked' censored. Is yours like that?
I'm not sure what you mean by the Popworld logo, but I can be quite sure mine was not censored, as was sternly drawn to my attention when putting my coat on as I exited Sunderland Magistrates court sometime around 2006-7 :oops:
I'm like Evel Knievel, I get paid for the attempt. I didn't promise this shit would be good!
Dave Chappelle
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Popworld made a batch of shirts after the Spacemen split and added their logo to the design. I can't recall if they did the censored ones but it sounds like yours is an original... Lucky you!
mojo filters
Known user

Post by mojo filters »

runcible wrote:Popworld made a batch of shirts after the Spacemen split and added their logo to the design. I can't recall if they did the censored ones but it sounds like yours is an original... Lucky you!
Well that would be nice, thank you, though I don't really want to sell it ... I'll have to find the thing and check in case I've made some sort of obvious mistake, I'm never usually this lucky - I still had Railtrack shares when that went tits-up!
Dave Chappelle