met jonny and mark last night, +the book +live cd request?!

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

domearworm
Known user

met jonny and mark last night, +the book +live cd request?!

Post by domearworm »

thought i'd mention that i met jonny mattock and mark refoy last night. at the slipstream dublin castle gig (which was very good, just the 2 of them onstage). both of them seem like nice fellas, -weird seeing them barely an hour after having read all about them when finishing off the book!

interesting to hear that sonic and will went down to catch them live in northampton the night before. brought a misty eye to this S3 anorak's eye that there's still some harmony in the camp! -having just digested all the politics which closes the book!

on the subject of sonic, (and a blatant plug here) he and randall have given me a killer track for a new earworm "comeback" comp- a great version of suicide's "girl". it's a gem and the studio take is every bit as awesome as when they played it live at the ica last year....

also wanted to ask if anyone out there has any recordings of the band when the sitars and turkish drone instrument thingie were used?! long shot probably....
herman
Known user

Post by herman »

I'm also very curious about the sitar/saz period. Somebody with a recording of these perfmances perhaps can give it a go on the forum?
Would be great as a chritmas offer!
"Thank you"
veiko
Known user

Re: met jonny and mark last night, +the book +live cd reques

Post by veiko »

domearworm wrote: on the subject of sonic, (and a blatant plug here) he and randall have given me a killer track for a new earworm "comeback" comp- a great version of suicide's "girl".
has it been re-recorded?

it is already issued on the b-side of one of the FÃœXA singles.