Sonic Spectrum update

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

KingHarry
Known user

Sonic Spectrum update

Post by KingHarry »

maybe old news, but Aug update on PK's site.

Panda Bear / Sonic listings - London the only UK date - early December and also ;;;

Spectrum may play one off festival shows but the plan is to tour again next year after the release of a new disc.

Presumably an EP?
runcible
Site Admin

Re: Sonic Spectrum update

Post by runcible »

I am told there may be a Manchester Panda Bear show too on December 2nd.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Ibought the Panda Bear album on vinyl recently (I've had the CD for ages). The vinyl came with a download for the LP and a also of a show in New York. The live download is very,very good. I would be very interested in getting along to that show in MCR, sadly it is 2 weeks too early for me......
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

Where on earth is "On The Wings of Mercury" or whatever it's called? Pete did loads of good stuff in the past, why not some covers if he hasn't got much new material. Or instrumentals.
mh
Known user

Post by mh »

On the Wings of Mercury is the forthcoming new Spectrum LP, which - from reading between the lines in what Sonic's revealed about it so far - may just turn out to be the best thing he's ever done. Even if not, it'll be great to have more of his stuff.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

Manchester gig is at the Central Methodist Hall. Friday December 2nd.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

runcible wrote:Manchester gig is at the Central Methodist Hall. Friday December 2nd.
I'm not mad about the Panda Bear stuff at all really. When I saw the listing I was hoping it was Spectrum supporting PB, then realised it was PK performing with. May still be tempted for a walk up.
davew
Known user

Post by davew »

Surprises me how much doubt have about Petes ability to do a new album. He's always been a perfectionist about what he does. It'll be out when it's out and it'll be just fine.