Spectrum reissues

It's fairly unlikely you'd have made it here without ever having heard of Jason's previous incarnation. So here you go, talk away...

Moderators: sunny, runcible, MODLAB

Krayola
New user

Spectrum reissues

Post by Krayola »

Hi, I've searched the forum but didn't find a thread solely dedicated to the Spectrum reissues.
I've sent a mail via the website some months ago if there was any news about those reissues. This was the answer I got.
hey buddy ,
theyre coming . slowly . bin bizy round hereabouts of late .
were working on repros of the original sleeves , thus it takes time
sorry , tis coming
pk x
And today I was browsing Amazon (the UK version). And I saw the Spectrum & Soul Kiss on there with a release date for 16 April 2012. But only vinyl versions are on there. Does anybody knows if these reissues are vinyl-only? Or will they come out on cd also?
Links to the albums on Amazon:
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spectrum-VINYL- ... 678&sr=1-2
- http://www.amazon.co.uk/Soul-Kiss-Glide ... 718&sr=1-3
spzretent
Site Admin

Re: Spectrum reissues

Post by spzretent »

My guess would be vinyl reissues and downloads. CD's lose money big time now.
However, I may be wrong.
http://www.lilmoxie.com
Detroit, Music, Sports and Other Stuff(including Spiritualized, Spacemen 3)
Krayola
New user

Post by Krayola »

Just did some more searching. Both are up for pre-order here: http://www.piccadillyrecords.com/produc ... 81905.html. Als only vinyls, limited to 1000 copies.
natty
Known user

Post by natty »

The "Spectrum" reissue looks like the "optikinetic" sleeve in the picture. Anyone know if they're actually doing it in that sleeve?

The original pressing wasn't a great pressing and the vinyl was really thin and flimsy. Reckon I'd buy one.

Shame they're not doing the oil pack for "Soul Kiss". Always wanted one of the vinyl oil packs, only got the CD one.
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

natty wrote:The "Spectrum" reissue looks like the "optikinetic" sleeve in the picture. Anyone know if they're actually doing it in that sleeve?
That's what the blurb seems to say. But man that's a lot of money.
henryapplecore
Known user

Post by henryapplecore »

any idea whether "Highs, Lows..." will be reissued?
runcible
Site Admin

Post by runcible »

I reckon that's ion the pipeline. In his Optical Sounds interview he talked about the whole catalogue being reissued and he knows that album is nigh on impossible to find.
jadams501
Known user

Post by jadams501 »

I for one would be thrilled for the opportunity to legally get a copy of "Highs, Lows..."
Krayola
New user

Post by Krayola »

OK guys. I've sent an e-mail again concerning the reissues and if they were vinyl-only releases. This was the answer I've just got:
thanks alot for your email - we are not involved in any reissues at the moment and there is some dispute about this one that you have seen advertised,
Pete isn't involved in it in anyway , so will have no input in artwork, bonus tracks etc,

we are looking into a box set ( CD and vinyl) which we hope we will be able to release ourselves to that the artists involved benefit and the fans will get a superior product.

are you signed on to the http://www.sonic-boom.info - please do it , then you will get all notifications - also there is news etc on Faceboohttps://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/SPECTRUM/130990610074k

best regards

Sam
Seems like we have to wait a little longer and not buy this one :) .
andyblacktoo
Known user

Post by andyblacktoo »

the re-issue pressing of the first solo album does indeed come with the opt kinetic art revolving sleeve.

anyone have a serious idea how much a cd copy of highs, lows and heavenly blows is worth? i have one on cd in mint condition. and i've never really been a fan to be honest.
KingHarry
Known user

Post by KingHarry »

andyblacktoo wrote:the re-issue pressing of the first solo album does indeed come with the opt kinetic art revolving sleeve.

anyone have a serious idea how much a cd copy of highs, lows and heavenly blows is worth? i have one on cd in mint condition. and i've never really been a fan to be honest.
Not that much I don't think - about £25-30? They are difficult to find though - I got a CD version off ebay about 5 years ago and paid that type of money. I paid similar for the Undo the Tabboo CD single, and that took months of constant searches on ebay.
angelsighs
Known user

Post by angelsighs »

Krayola wrote:OK guys. I've sent an e-mail again concerning the reissues and if they were vinyl-only releases. This was the answer I've just got:
thanks alot for your email - we are not involved in any reissues at the moment and there is some dispute about this one that you have seen advertised,
Pete isn't involved in it in anyway , so will have no input in artwork, bonus tracks etc,

we are looking into a box set ( CD and vinyl) which we hope we will be able to release ourselves to that the artists involved benefit and the fans will get a superior product.

are you signed on to the http://www.sonic-boom.info - please do it , then you will get all notifications - also there is news etc on Faceboohttps://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/SPECTRUM/130990610074k

best regards

Sam
Seems like we have to wait a little longer and not buy this one :) .
bad to have to wait longer, but good news for people like me who don't buy vinyl- it looks like I will be able to get hold of these reissues on CD after all :)
mc
Known user

Post by mc »

KingHarry wrote: Not that much I don't think - about £25-30? They are difficult to find though - I got a CD version off ebay about 5 years ago and paid that type of money. I paid similar for the Undo the Tabboo CD single, and that took months of constant searches on ebay.
Many years ago I found Fucked Up Inside and Undo The Taboo (both on CD) in a second hand music store for £2.99 each. They obviously didn't have a clue :lol:
Krayola
New user

Post by Krayola »

Man, I only knew a couple of songs (most famous) by Spectrum. But some dude uploaded the whole Highs & Lows album on Youtube.
Listening to this right now and that is amazing. Undo The Taboo, Soothe Me, Take Your Time... Truly lives up to its album's name. Especially the Heavens part :).
Krayola
New user

Post by Krayola »

MattBenn wrote:so let me get this straight. these reissues that have gone up for pre-order aren't official/aren't the ones that Pete has been going on about for ages?

I pre-ordered Soul Kiss, so I'd rather cancel my order than spend £18 on something that isn't the real deal to be honest.
Idd, as you can see int he mail I've quoted the're planning on doing a boxset or something like that.
Really want that to come out cause the more I listen to Highs, Lows... the better it gets. And I really don't want to spend 30 EUR on a second hand copy from ebay.
olan
Known user

Post by olan »

Krayola wrote:
MattBenn wrote:so let me get this straight. these reissues that have gone up for pre-order aren't official/aren't the ones that Pete has been going on about for ages?

I pre-ordered Soul Kiss, so I'd rather cancel my order than spend £18 on something that isn't the real deal to be honest.
Idd, as you can see int he mail I've quoted the're planning on doing a boxset or something like that.
Really want that to come out cause the more I listen to Highs, Lows... the better it gets. And I really don't want to spend 30 EUR on a second hand copy from ebay.
If you see Highs, Lows.... For 30 EUR buy it on the spot. That would be a complete bargain!
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Not sure where else to post this but this seemed the most appropraite place. I was going to wait for the reissues but an opportunity has arisen whereby I may be able to make an offer on the Soul Kiss and self titled Spectrum albums on vinyl. The S/T album is the spinning disc version and is apparently in near mint condition and the seller is looking for £25. The Soul Kiss album is in very good condition (+) and the seller is looking for £15 for it. They also have the original Spacemen 3, Playing With Fire LP (not the embossed sleeve), also in VG+ condition and again going for £15. Are these fair prices? I was thinking of offering £40-£50 for all 3?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

I have all these records already but I'd definitely go for the two Spectrum albums in that condition for £40 total, good deal there.

Personally I'd wait for the chance to get PWF with the embossed sleeve but maybe that's just me. Though if you can get the lot for £50 that's probably a good deal as well, especially if you're saving a few quid on shipping.
spaceben
Known user

Post by spaceben »

I just saw a copy of HIGHS LOWS......go for close to 57 Pounds on ebay. That's 90 Aussie dollars. I want it but that much I can't afford right now.
Drussell622+
Known user

Post by Drussell622+ »

These re-issues are taking looooong. I wonder if they will be filled with extras
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

I saw the re-issued version of Soul Kiss in my local record store today and, must say, it looked like a pretty genuine affair. Are we sure these aren't the real deal? Has anyone bought one of these and know what they sound like? I must admit, I had to use all my will power not to just buy the bloody thing but luckily I was pretty content to walk out the shop with my re-issued Heads vinyl that I've been waiting for since I ordered it back in February :wink:
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

http://www.ideensynthese.de/spiritualiz ... 71#p107171
I got the Vinilissimo reissue of the s/t - 25 bucks or so. Write up in that link up above.
Broc
Known user

Post by Broc »

Anyone know anything about this?

100 copies of the Soul Kiss reissue on red vinyl...

http://www.discogs.com/Spectrum-Soul-Ki ... se/3619354

And 100 copies of the Spectrum reissue on blue vinyl...

http://www.discogs.com/Sonic-Boom-Spect ... se/3581850
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

When I get back home and the Soul Kiss reissue I got here in nyc at other music arrives, I will be sure to write it up as well.
Shinesalight
Known user

Post by Shinesalight »

Broc wrote:Anyone know anything about this?

100 copies of the Soul Kiss reissue on red vinyl...

http://www.discogs.com/Spectrum-Soul-Ki ... se/3619354

And 100 copies of the Spectrum reissue on blue vinyl...

http://www.discogs.com/Sonic-Boom-Spect ... se/3581850

Don't know much about these apart from the fact that hasn't Sonic advised us to stay well clear?
www.dronerockrecords.com
The Home of Drone
jw007
New user

Post by jw007 »

Any update on whether or not there will be reissues from Spectrum in 2013?

Also, is there any chance someone with the CD of "Highs, Lows and Heavenly Blows" can make me a digital copy in Flac/Lossless format? I am willing to pay you money for this. Thank you.

This is basically my first post on this forum. I hope I am not out of line.
Hofstadter
Known user

Post by Hofstadter »

EDIT: Removed post and just PM'd you. If anybody else is interested, PM me I guess.